[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 69 KB, 676x584, 388_fuck_grapefruit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3633001 [Reply] [Original]

I have £100 and I want to spend it on something science based, before I fritter it away on food and water or something. All ideas appreciated.

Current ideas:
-Buy a low cost phone capable of video calling and a cheap RC helicopter, create DIY first person view UAV
-Donate monies to Mad Sci and his glorious hamster based endeavors (I'll probably do this with the change anyway)
-attempt to build some kind of autonomous arduino based small vehicle and give it free reign

>> No.3633008

Grapes and peaches aren't THAT good.

>> No.3633018

You could always purchase a good textbook.

>> No.3633024

>>3633001
>lemons and oranges in untasty
>pineapple in tasty

I don't know who made that picture, but he is a cunt.

>> No.3633029
File: 78 KB, 555x413, jj.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

buy HP TouchPad

>> No.3633035

>>3633008
You need to try better grapes and peaches, sir. They are that good

I disagree with the placement of watermelons though.

>>3633018
Buying books? Psch.
I have a pretty decent library nearby, but thanks for the idea. I have all the books I need at the moment.
>>3633024
Randall Munroe. Now I look, a lot of that chart is wrong. Pomegranates aren't difficult, lemons and oranges are delicious and green apples should definitely be tastier. Pears suck.

>> No.3633038

>>3633024
>lemons are tasty
>pineapple is not
Let's say I don't agree.

But I don't agree with where he put oranges, either.

>> No.3633039

Arduino is good. Lotsa DIY Arduino ideas just from googling.

Cherry should be so far above the word Tasty that it can't be seen on the graph. And peaches should be below bananas. Other than that, agreed!

>> No.3633044

ORANGE, BANANAS AND MOTHERFUCKING POMEGRANATE NOT TASTY? WATERMELONS BORDERLINE?

>>3633024

the xkcd guy

>> No.3633045

>>3633024
I agree with oranges. Lemons should stay where they are.
Seedeed grapes should be all the way in upper left corner.
Plums should take the honorable top right spot.

>> No.3633054
File: 133 KB, 460x859, 135_substitute.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

This is the problem. If I post a boring image people ignore the thread, if I post something controversial people lack fucks.

>> No.3633053

That chart is stupid. Obviously the tasty axis is completely wrong, but it doesn't even get the difficulty axis right. A banana is less difficult than any fruit with a pit. Peeling could not be easier, and it's perfectly shaped for shoving in your mouth without getting anything on your face. It's the freaking atheist's nightmare!

>> No.3633048

>>3633035

>You need to try better grapes and peaches, sir. They are that good

I could just say "you need to by better (insert my favorite fruit)" too, you know. Do you see how that's dumb?

You're dumb.

>> No.3633056

>>3633048
I sound like a faggot for saying this, but

U MAD

>>3633054
this

>> No.3633063

>>3633048
;_;

Try buying some *groan* organic grapes/peaches at a market, the difference is massive. I'd rate grapes at least as high as crisp apples.

>> No.3633068 [DELETED] 

>Lemons
>Untasty

>Peaches
>Tasty

>> No.3633075

>>3633063
Fresh tomatoes make a huge difference too. Most of the store varieties are bred to look good and last forever. And taste like styrofoam, unfortunately.

>> No.3633078

Please can we discuss the point of the thread? I'll give the money to Ray Comfort if I don't get at least 4 suggestions.

>> No.3633079

>>3633063

That's true of anything. Organic tomatoes are a hundred times better than most tomatoes. And why the fuck would you groan, if you admit the difference is massive?

>> No.3633082

>>3633001
pineapples are not that tastey.

Tomatoes are much more tastey.

>> No.3633087

>>3633079
Not that guy, but probably because envirofags are generally retards who don't want "chemicals in their food".

>> No.3633089

>>3633079
Because the organic isn't the bit that makes it taste better; organic farming is incredibly inefficient. It's the fact that the veg isn't grown en mass that makes it taste better.

>> No.3633091

>>3633089
> It's the fact that the veg isn't grown en mass that makes it taste better.
If you're referring to the strain chosen and when they pick them, sure.

>> No.3633102
File: 80 KB, 676x584, fruits.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

fixed.

>> No.3633109 [DELETED] 

>>3633102
>watermelons have highest tastiness
Nigger detected

>> No.3633110

>>3633091
And the general idea between the farming. Factory farming is a lot more based on high yields rather than decent produce, meaning it gets grown as fast as possible. I think.
>>3633102
Bananas aren't easy, Blueberries are not delcious, green apples are better than red apples and watermelons are easier than that; throw those bitches at walls.

>> No.3633114

>>3633102

>seedless grapes
>any difficulty

What the fuck?

You take them
you pluck them from their vine
you fucking eat them

>> No.3633117

>>3633109
This isn't /b/. Plus, watermelons are fucking delicious, if anything you're complimenting black people.

>> No.3633119

>>3633117
Hey, I can get behind them when it comes to fried chicken. I just don't feel the same way about watermelon.

>> No.3633125

>>3633119
You're wrong, and watermelon deliciousness is virtually an objective fact. Any idea what I should do in terms of drones?

>> No.3633127

>>3633102
How the hell are watermelons more difficult than oranges, grapes, lemons, or pomegranates? These graphs are retarded beyond belief.

>> No.3633131

>>3633125
LOL, I loved the transition.

Anyway, you could make a robot that performs some simple task autonomously, like collecting soda cans from the floor. Vacuuming has been done though, you might as well just buy one of those.

>> No.3633134 [DELETED] 

>watermelon

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

>> No.3633148

>>3633131
>Vacuuming
FFFFuck cleaning. We have immigrants for that.

I'd prefer something aerial if at all possible. For extra lulz.
Also, if anyone's interested these are without exaggeration awesome in several ways. For any Americans ITT, They work out at about $29
http://www.bigongadgets.com/spy-gadgets/mini-spy-camera-camcorder-car-remote-keyring-4gb.html
I'll probably be using one of them (or possibly two, for 3D video)
>>3633134
Thanks, GTFO.

>> No.3633154 [DELETED] 

>>3633148
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

>> No.3633159

>>3633154
I mad, reported.

>> No.3633162 [DELETED] 

>>3633159
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

>> No.3633175

Damnit, now everything is interesting. They have GSM bugs that work internationally for £30 :/

>> No.3633214
File: 15 KB, 1202x452, highly-advanced-CAD.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

I MADE A DRAWING
The main problem is the shitty battery life for the helicopter, of 7-10 minutes. A ground vehicle wouldn't have this problem, and a plane can manage half an hour. They're all the same (ish) price.