Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.3627482 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

>biology
>hard science

pick 1

>> No.3627486

Not this again.
Fact: Biologists will be the first ones to ride sharks once we figure out how to survive underwater.

>> No.3627499

bump

>> No.3627517

Uh, biology describes the processes of penile tumescence therefore it is the science behind getting hard, therefore it is hard science, QED

>> No.3627526

You are wrong...

Some biologists are quasi-scientists, just like some physicists are quasi-scientists.

A molecular biologist working on engineering organisms in-eutero is a hard scientist.
A physicist buttfucking around with useless theories of everything is a shit tier scientist.

>> No.3627533

>>3627526
>A physicist buttfucking around with useless theories of everything is a shit tier scientist.

>theories of everything
>useless

Biologist detected

>> No.3627551

I actually find Biology harder to grasp than Physics. It's more fascinating and complex to the point where it seems everything is totally made up.

>> No.3627561

>responding in this thread without sage

>> No.3627568

there is a thread at >>>/b/ to "LOLOLOLOL TROLL SCI XDXDXDX"

>> No.3627569

biology lol

>> No.3627573

>>3627561
>sage
>zoology
>mfw Elenin

>> No.3627576

This board actually has a high female population, just incognito.

My reasoning? Men aren't little bitches. Everywhere I look everyone is complaining about some FIELDS OF SCIENCE that doesn't agree with their particular taste, or decent threads that get imagesacked by some faggot who is being an elitest asshole. Men actually have some sense of honor and respect, where as women just simply want to have fun. If they're not having fun, they'll become the biggest bitches in the world, wherein you can heavily relate them to anyone on this board. If you've ever been in a semi-longterm relationship you would know what I'm talking about.

So yes, this board is populated mainly in women. But why do they guise themselves as men? Because they think they're being clever; they can bond with the guys without getting told 'tits or gtfo'. When in fact what they're -actually- doing is tricking -other- women into thinking their men. All that's going on here is women pretending to be men, to women pretending to be men, while the men lurk until something intellectual or respectable comes along and posts only then.

You cannot refute this deductive reasoning.
It is true, and there's nothing we can do.
This extra bit of bitchy flavor has become our current seasoning.
Understanding this may turn more than some blue.
Continue to browse with your ignorance and denial.
But go and see, for this board has become the woman's aisle.

>> No.3627580

All sciences are complimentary, it is irrelevant which is "hardest". If you take more pride in having a superior field than in actually doing something to progress the knowledge of mankind then you shouldn't be a scientist.

>> No.3627586

>be a biologist
>be told to read a textbook over and over again until all the facts are memorized
>take a test asking about all the facts that were word for word in the textbook
>call yourself smart when you pass the class

It's truly remarkable that anyone thinks being successful in Biology is an accomplishment. There's no thinking, no logic, it's all just facts that you have to memorize. Hardly on par with any other type of science.

>> No.3627587

>>3627576

you kind of sound like a little bitch......

>> No.3627590

>>3627533
Nope, I'm starting my undergrad in physics next week.
I'm pretty sure that it's been proven any geometric unification of gravity with the standard model would not predict anything the two don't already.

Although I did hesitate in writing that, because it's not entirely useless in theory, but neither is learning how to train sharks...

>> No.3627605

>biologists

>> No.3627611

>>3627586
Oh, come on now. I hate biology and even I can see that that isn't the least bit fair. Organic chemistry entails tons of memorization and it's considered one of the most complex sciences out there.

>> No.3627615

>>3627586
Sounds like you've never had a biology class beyond high school.

>> No.3627618

>>3627615
Trust me, they don't change once you get into college. Especially when you're already studying Chemistry and Physics.

>> No.3627619

>>3627611
Except organic chemistry is chemistry, not biology.

>> No.3627625

>>3627611
organic chemistry =/= biology

has the word "chemistry" in it for a reason

if you're going to make the claim "welp since organic chemistry is within the bounds of biology then it counts as biology!" you might as well make the claim that studying physics means studying biology too.

>> No.3627627

>>3627619
But... that's...

Fuck it. I'm outta here.

>> No.3627634

>>3627586
And what about the research that establishes those facts?
Most chemistry and physics is just memorising rules and applying them - until you're at a researchy level.

>> No.3627636

>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586
>>3627586

five star post, nigga

>> No.3627641

>>3627625
>>3627619
I'm disappointed, /sci/.
Can you really be this stupid?
You two certainly need to brush up on the logical skills that you claim biologists lack.

>> No.3627642

>>3627618
I don't believe you because I've had college level biology classes where I didn't have to memorize anything.

Any biology department that doesn't realize facts don't need to be memorized in the information age isn't worth studying in. Sorry you go to a shit tier school.

>> No.3627646

>>3627625
is biophysics biology or physics?

>> No.3627648

>>3627642
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE
BIOLOGY IS NOT A HARD SCIENCE

>> No.3627652

>>3627641
>>3627627
No, stop being a giant retard. Your reply doesn't even merit a response since you didn't try to make a rebuttal towards either of the posts you quoted (because you have no argument) but being the giant literal retard you are it pains me to see you ignorant.

Biology is a giant fucking umbrella and a lot of things fall under it.

Just because that's true, doesn't mean everything that fucking falls under it is biology. Physics isn't biology. Mathematics isn't biology. Chemistry isn't biology. ORGANIC CHEMISTRY is not biology.

Just because Biology takes things from those, does not mean they're biology.

Stop posting.

>> No.3627657

>>3627642
>I don't believe you because I've had college level biology classes where I didn't have to memorize anything.
>sorry you went to a shit tier school

I don't understand. Biology _is_ memorization. if you didn't have to do anything in your biology class, you obviously went to like a community college.

Who are you to criticize the school choice of others?

>> No.3627671

>>3627652
Oh, actually I think I get it now. How you put it actually does make a lot more sense, come to think of it....

Sorry, guess I wasn't really thinking.

>> No.3627673 [DELETED] 

>>3627642
community college detected

>> No.3627678

>>3627646
It's chemistry, not hard enough for physics but not as easy as biology.

>> No.3627687

>>3627657
Again, if you think biology is memorization, you clearly go to a shit tier school. You might have picked it, but you picked poorly.

Biology is the study of life. There is some memorization involved, but it is more about making observations about the world around you and discovering why those things happen.

Enjoy your shit tier school.

>> No.3627692

>>3627687
It's memorization even at Harvard. Don't kid yourself. It's not like there is any math in it.

>> No.3627699

>>3627652
First of all, those two post are by two different people.
Secondly, YOU don't get it.
The original post wasn't saying that organic chemistry IS biology, but that organic chemistry relies on memorisation AND is a respected science, so relying on memorisation doesn't mean that something can't be a hard science.
You were just focusing on the words instead of the actual sciences that they represent.
But that's ok - I've explained now.

>> No.3627745

>>3627586
>>3627692
Wow, if you think biology is only memorization, you have never taken any biology courses beyond introductory biology.
Intro bio is memorization mostly, that is true, but once you get into upper division genetics, evolution, molecular biology and biochemistry, its more problem solving and logic based.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action