[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 16 KB, 200x300, 1305562276146.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3613761 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /sci/

for some reason i find it very hard to focus on what i am reading when i am reading a book. however, when reading a PDF i can easily read several houndred pages with no problems at all.

does anyone experience the same thing, and if so, does anyone know of any way to work on this.

i was so horribly reminded of this problem today when my copy of Quantum generations by helge kragh arrived today.

>> No.3613771

I find it easier to concentrate on a book rather than a pdf file.
It might have something to do with the way books don't emit light so you can read them. You need an external light source.
If you've got something with e-ink (a kindle for example) you could try reading a .pdf file like that to test my hypothesis.

>> No.3613797

I can't remember ever having to make an effort to focus on something while reading it.
I'm an amazing reader though, must suck for you illiterates, having to 'try' to read, lol.

>> No.3613823

>>3613771

Ah, you make a good point, perhaps my eyes are simply more accustomed to reading from a backlit source (a computer screen). so perhaps all i need is some "training".

although i suppose i could just get an e-reader.

>>3613797

illiteracy is not the problem, i believe the issue might be the fact that i am simply not used to reading books.
as stated, when i read a PDF on a computer screen i make no effort at all, and i easily comprehend all the material.