[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 329 KB, 496x654, Philosoraptor.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3606757 [Reply] [Original]

What people call "intuition" is just our subconscious being a few chess moves ahead of us.

Discuss.

>> No.3606767

>>3606757

Ahead of what?
Intuition is a feature of "us".

>> No.3606771

>>3606767
I think he's saying sub conscious ahead of conscious. So your brain knows something that "you" don't know of.

>> No.3606778

Lacking the ability to articulate your intuition is probably just a deficit in communication of brain regions.

just a hunch from a code monkey tho

>> No.3606783
File: 2 KB, 111x107, 1287871438096.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>3606757
Terrible philosophy is terrible.

>> No.3606784

>>3606771

That's right. I have always likened my subconscious to a woman who chooses to disclose information in a very vague and irregular fashion.

>> No.3606785

>>3606778
More probably a lack of actual knowledge to back it. OP clearly knows next to nothing about the brain, but from what he does know he has a sense of what more there is to learn.

>> No.3606788 [DELETED] 

>Be in an club with a rap battle going on.
>Tard gets up, raps off against this black guy
>Starts rapping

>Niggas, niggas motherfucking niggas and niggettes. Fuck niggas motherfucking fuck fuck ya all
>hell yeah fucking dick on hard fucking nigga your ass fucking motherfucking motherfucking damn dick in your mouth nigga nigga motherfucking shit motherfucking niggas motherfucking shit niggas fuck dick my nuts motherfucking motherfucking nigga, ya big fat dick ya big fat dick.
>Motherfucking shit niggas, hell yeah motherfucking shit motherfucking bitches bitch shit big dick motherfucking hell yeah
>nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga motherfucker motherfucking motherfuckign niggas big shits ass jeez shit hell yeah shit ass niggas shit THESE NUTS
>Dick in your mouth
>God damn my dingaling yeah shit N.U.T niggas motherfucking fuck motherfucking niggas motherfucking niggas, niggas assed shit big shit motherfucker nigga, motherfucking motherfucker motherfucker nigga GOD DAMN motherfucking niggels motherfucking niggles bullshit fuck nigga niggas motherfucking niggles
> Niggles
>Niggers motherfucking nigga nigga nigga shit fucking nigga punk ass BIATCH
>Motherfucking oh shit what the fuck momtherfucking
>Man let me suck your dick
>Fucked up motherfuckers niggas big ass nigga fuck niggas niggas niggas motherfucking niggas niggas GANGSTER, SHIT! Hell yeah
>Bullshit motherfucking motherfucking niggles fucking nigga fuck nigga motherfucking
>Big dick fucking motherfucking dick motherfucking fuck da police motherfucking motherfucking niggas motherfucking

>Niggers rip the microphone off him, kick the shit out of him
>Tard activates super strength
>Throws 40 niggas through the roof of the club
>Swings a nigga by his feet, throws him in to 30 other niggas, they all tumble to the floor like skittles
>Tard defecates in hand and runs out screaming nigga

>> No.3606789

>>3606778
I've never actually had 'intuition' about anything. To me it seems like people are jumping to conclusions for no logical reason. Can someone give an example of intuition that actually makes sense instead of a person just being stupid or guessing?

>> No.3606790

>>3606785

OP here. You are correct.

>> No.3606805

>>3606789

I can't give a specific example off the top of my head.

I just often have feelings will happen even though there seems to be no discernable reason for that particular outcome over any other... and then it happens.

>> No.3606810

>>3606805

correction: feelings things will happen

>> No.3606806

>>3606771

Well in that instance, I'd rather be consciously aware of alteration and existence of my axioms by which i perceive reality, rather than have such intuition that can be at times correct in its predictions but i never can be certain of its accuracy since i am not consciously aware of its procedure/function.

>> No.3606811

>>3606806

I concede that I have no formal knowledge of these matters, but I find it irritating that there seems to be a world of possibilities that we can hardly control or tap into consciously (except for maybe via hypnotic trance, suggestion etc.).

>> No.3606815

>>3606811

Don't find it irritating, be thankful. If you had to consciously think about everything before you did it, it would take you an hour to put on pants.

>> No.3606826

I agree that sometimes I've had intuitions that I've later found were backed by reason, that I just wasn't aware of. But I wouldn't conclude from that that ALL intuition is that.

>> No.3606828

>>3606815

>it would take you an hour to put on pants

It already fucking does. How did you know this?

>> No.3606846

>>3606826
I am someone who knows nothing about brains really, I just like philosophy.
Anyways, I would think that some intuition can come from things that are unrelated to to the matter. Ex. I don't know the guys name, but this one guy has a show for being able to read people very well based on physical movements and other things. On the show, he had a experment where he told a guy to choose behind 4 random pits to fall into. One would be soft the other THREE would be deadly. On the way to the place he keep saying the number 3 with different reasons. "Sorry I'm 3 minutes late", "it should be 3 more minutes till will get there" "third times the charm" ect. He did this subtle but once he asked the guy to choose a pit to fall into, they guy said his intuition is with 3.
In this example his subconscious heard 3 many times, and although he didn't make the connection, his subconscious did. This was an unrelated connection, and he never would have know why he choose 3 until the guy told him.
I think the subconscious (sometimes) chooses things for a reason unrelated to the matter, making it nearly impossible to determine why your intuition says one. Ex dismantling a bomb. Your would probably be leaning toward the red wire or blue wire or left wire or right wire, even though you know nothing about bombs or electronics (assuming you don't).

>> No.3606900

Kinda makes me think of the studies about reaction time of the brain versus consciousness of said reaction.

>> No.3606911

I agree.