[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 27 KB, 335x478, whattheactualfuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3599527 [Reply] [Original]

>That feel when you remember when you were around 8-10 years old and your father let you play with mercury

Fucking hell, I used to try and blow bubbles in it with a straw. I also played with it in my hands.

Just how poisonous is mercury if you touch it and it gets into your pores or some shit? What happens if you get it in your mouth and swallow it?

Other than heavy metal poisoning, which I don't remember getting.

>> No.3599531
File: 48 KB, 350x468, ohgeez.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHqVDMr9ivo

>Brain Neuron Degeneration via Mercury

Thanks, dad.

>> No.3599533

I remember being told liquid mercury is nearly harmless, that you can even swallow a bit and be fine. It's the fumes that really screw you up.

>> No.3599540

Elemental mercury is (mostly) harmless. You can drink it and it will pass right through you. It's mercury compounds that will kill you.

>> No.3599548

>>3599531
You do realise that's a "VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM FUCK MEDICAL SCIENCE" video right?

>> No.3599559

>>3599548
There was clear evidence in the video of brain neuron degeneration. I didn't pay attention to any of the comments or the video description.