[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 47 KB, 560x420, planetx.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3568012 No.3568012 [Reply] [Original]

PLANET X (NIBIRU)

I'm being totally honest. This is bullshit, right?

Proof plz. I know i google it. but i trust my /b/ros more.

>> No.3568020

>>luna

>>planet

you fucking kidding me?

>> No.3568017
File: 554 KB, 295x221, 1311578317902.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3568025
File: 16 KB, 300x210, Mammoth_Tank_Snowfield.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3568031

Today I learned that Jupiter is purple and our moon is now a planet.

Also, Nibiru is very real, son. It's going to collide with us in 2012 you know, despite no evidence of it existing. It's real because I heard it on a conspiracy theory video on the youtubes. No one lies on the youtubes, right?

>> No.3568041

Some scientists calculated that there should be another object with planet tier mass in solar system. But they can be wrong.

>> No.3568050

We have a larger chance of being hit by comet Honda in it's next passes in the next 100 years than we do by anything else. We also have a larger chance at being hit by a object in 270 years (forgot the name) currently.

The most elenin will do is what it's done. Be an excuse for religious nuts and be blamed for common events that occur on the earth. I have no idea if it caused all these earthquakes recently, but our earth is still active. It kinda have earthquakes every single day.

>> No.3568062

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

It's a
Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking Time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cuz
I sure could use a vacation from this

STUPID shit, silly shit, stupid shit...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mum's gonna fix it all soon.
Mum's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to
be.

Learn to swim.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
Fuck all his clones.
Fuck all these gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

Fuck retro anything.
Fuck your tattoos.
Fuck all you junkies and
Fuck your short memory.

Learn to swim.

Fuck smiley glad-hands,
With hidden agendas.
Fuck these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

>> No.3568066

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mum please flush it all away.
I wanna see it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it come down.
Come down.
Suck it down.
Flush it down.

>> No.3568070

At 12/21/2012, the 8th gate will be opened marking the rise of the age of Aquarius.

Human ancestor who hail from planet Nibiru will come down to Earth and will then proceed to give us the technology to unlock our 12 DNA strands.

NASA have been keeping the planet's existence as secret to prevent world panic. But mainly so that they can steal their technology and keep them for themselves.
You do realize Obama still haven't completely stop the war. Wonder where his confidence come from.

Doomsday will not occur as foretold by the Satanist which hail from the planet Y or planet G-671 from the galaxy M-719 (if you google it, it will not come up. Again, NASA's conspiracy).
Please don't be misled by them for we are destined to bring the universe into eternal harmony...

>> No.3568137

IIRC, based on some common descriptions of "Nibiru" and it's supposed trajectory towards the Earth, it would have been a naked-eye visible object for quite a while. In other words, the amateur astronomy (and professional astronomy, though they would have been onto it earlier due to survey telescopes) community would have been all over that like a fat guy on cake. I think this is based on the "it's more of a star than a planet" claim though.

At the end of the day - a complete and utter lack of evidence indicates that it's total bullshit.

>> No.3568155

Also, wtf is with people calling the moon "Luna"? Whenever someone calls it that in conversation I can't help but think that they're massive tools. That's not it's proper name, that's latin. And, geez, if you want to give it a "proper" name, surely you can think of something better than "Luna"? Hell, even "Selene" is better.

Just something that always gets me butthurt.

>> No.3568172

>>3568155
The sun's proper, astronomical, name is Sol. Likewise, the moon's name is Luna.

>> No.3568192

>>3568155
Except Luna IS the official name of our moon.

>> No.3568193

>>3568172

And earth is Tellus, so fuck you.

>> No.3568197

>>3568172

No, the Sun's proper astronomical name (as defined by the International Astronomical Union) is ‘the Sun’. Similarly with ‘the Moon’, that's its proper name. "Sol" and "Luna" are both Latin. If you want to argue that the Latin names are the correct names, we should all start calling Saturn “Saturnus”, Neptune “Neptūnus” and so forth.

>> No.3568200

>>3568193
No tellus means earth in latin but it doesn't mean the Earth. Terra is the proper name for the Earth.

>> No.3568210

>>3568192

That certainly doesn't appear to be the case. Taken from the International Astronomical Union (IAU) Working Group for Planetary System Nomenclature (WGPSN) website:

>"Every civilization has had a name for the satellite of Earth that is known, in English, as the Moon. The Moon is known as Luna in Italian, Latin, and Spanish, as Lune in French, as Mond in German, and as Selene in Greek."

So 'the Moon' is its correct English name. Luna is Latin/Italian/Spanish.

http://planetarynames.wr.usgs.gov/Page/Planets

>> No.3568219

>>3568155
>hurr durr use the word moon cause it's american why u people no use it

IT'S CALLED LUNA IN MY LANGUAGE

>> No.3568223
File: 85 KB, 400x400, 1312102936051.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3568210
and romanian

>> No.3568233

>>3568219

It wouldn't bug me if it ever came up while talking to someone speaking Latin/Italian/Spanish. But it never is, it's always some English speaker who thinks they're being clever and learned.

Btw, I'm not American. u mad? ;-)

>> No.3568278

"The Moon," to me anyways, means th2 only satellite that directly affects our planet on a cosmic level. Otherwise, the technical term for ours is Luna.

"The Sun," to me as well, means the only star that we see during the daylight, and provide us with out living conditions. Otherwise, it's known as Sol.

Suck a dick, you all mad as fuck over nothing.

>> No.3568283

>>3568278

As already shown above, "Luna" and "Sol" are not the technical names. Take it up with the IAU if you don't like it.

>> No.3568292

>>3568070
>WTF are you smoking?!?!

>> No.3568301

That is bullshit, yes.

From a NASA Q&A

Q: Is there a planet or brown dwarf called Nibiru or Planet X or Eris that is approaching the Earth and threatening our planet with widespread destruction?
A: Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an Internet hoax. There is no factual basis for these claims. If Nibiru or Planet X were real and headed for an encounter with the Earth in 2012, astronomers would have been tracking it for at least the past decade, and it would be visible by now to the naked eye. Obviously, it does not exist. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system; the closest it can come to Earth is about 4 billion miles.

Source:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

>> No.3568303

>>3568283
Alright, I'm going to throw a little metaphor your way:

If countries have been calling rocks "Lobs" for Millenia, and some company comes along in the past century and decides that they should be known as "Rocks" with no logical explanation, what would you call them?

>> No.3568319

>>3568303

We're not talking what they've been commonly called in the past. We're discussing the *technical* names given by the International Astronomical Union (not just “some company”) whose expressed job is to define and maintain nomenclature of astronomical bodies.

>> No.3568587

>>3568303
>>3568278
>>3568172
>>3568193
>>3568197

You can call a dog's tail a leg, but a dog still only has four legs.

>> No.3568621
File: 441 KB, 844x717, 1262656893544.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]