[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 44 KB, 640x480, space1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3497685 No.3497685 [Reply] [Original]

I have done some studies on hard-core physics, and would like to discuss what I learned here on /sci/. According to breakthroughs by leading physicists like Michio Kaku and Neil deGrasse Tyson, there are an infinite number of alternate universes. In each of these alternate universes, different versions of YOU exist. And with an infinite number of them, it means that anything that can happen, does happen—in another universe. So in effect, there is a universe where Obama never won the election and another where Princess Diana is still alive. There is a universe where you are the King of Scotland and a universe where you are a tea farmer in China. A universe where you are a celebrity musician, and one where you busk on a pavement for spare change.

Every decision you make causes a "split" into two different universes. One is where you made one choice, and another is where you made the opposite choice. Think about all the decisions you’ve made that led to who you are today. If all these decisions caused a split in your reality, each time creating a new version of yourself in a parallel universe who also goes on to make a certain set of choices thereby splitting their reality, you can begin to imagine the infinite versions of yourself that exist.

So everything previously stated is undeniable fact. So how can I tap into the power of physics? If I can move from alternate universe to another, I can control my destiny and future. Have top scientists like Stephen Hawking secretly discovered how to do this? Maybe they just aren't telling us because it will give away their powers.

I welcome input from /sci/. Thanks in advance!

>> No.3497718

>>3497685
babbies first troll....

>> No.3497727

....troll?

>> No.3497732

Would that this were true, there would be a universe where OP is not a faggot.

>> No.3497737

>>3497727
>>3497718
what? no, I'm not trolling.

Guess you guys are just too dumb to answer my questions. Oh well.

>> No.3497751

>>3497737
>So everything previously stated is undeniable fact.
>undeniable fact
>theoretical physics no way to test
>implying not a troll

>> No.3497753

>>3497685
Ok so it exists one universe ( and more ) for every spermatozoid that ever existed since it has a possibility to become an human?

Imright OP?

>> No.3497785

>>3497753
your right

>> No.3497794

>>3497785
*you're

>> No.3497796

>>3497794
Nigger.

>> No.3497803

>>3497794

But it also implies that human race are the center of the universe wich I totally disagree.

As you can see my primary language is not english so i'm sorry for my spelling mistakes.

>> No.3497815

>>3497796
U mad?

>> No.3497829

>According to breakthroughs by leading physicists like Michio Kaku
stopped reading there
either troll or a very uninformed person in terms of physics.

either way, sage in every field

>> No.3497853

>I have done some studies on hard-core physics
no, you found twin earth on wikipedia

>> No.3497863

>>3497685
OP I think you simply worded the question wrong or you just don't have a good enough understanding of physics to be able to visualize it properely.

Quantum hysics is open to the idea of extra dimentions beyond our perception in time. I only have a fundamental knowlege of the equations in quantum physics, but that's enough to be able to properely visualize extra dimentions.

The 'split' into two dimentions can be visualized in a similar way to how an electron's can orbit through an extra dimention

if you imagine our perception of space and time as a linear x-axis and an extra dimention that our reality moves through as the 5th dimention, represented on a linear scale as the y-axis, you can attempt to visualize it. The x-axis will be moving forward through the y-axis.

>> No.3497872
File: 91 KB, 483x362, Troll_in_the_Dungeon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3497868

i remember carl sagan talked about this idea in cosmos. it's a nice idea. hope it isn't true. if it is, we will likely never come even close to understanding everything

>> No.3497981

i could have had a ferrari!

>> No.3498000

OP, you are only looking at one interpretation of QM. Many Worlds. Also, sounds exactly like the retarded snake oil web site Quantum Jumping.

Also, it would not be possible to go to another universe, as it is split off from yours, and their own distinct universe.

>> No.3498008

i sure dont want to be part of the universe where theres a blackhole which sucks everything - even other universes - into it

>> No.3498035
File: 60 KB, 600x600, youre-fucking-retarded.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>POP physicists like Michio Kaku and Neil deGrasse Tyson

fixed that for you. Yeah, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT! GTFO!

>> No.3498043

>>3497868
That's just the nature of scientific research, as we keep searching for an understanding of a bigger picture, we find out that the picture is so much bigger than we though it was before and opens many new mysteries and unanswered questions. We're no where near understanding everything yet.

Quantam physics goes beyond what Einstein and Newton veiwed as a universe with set mathemicatical rules. They viewed the universe (i.e the bigger picture) as the 'mind of god'. Quantam physicists veiw the universe at an even larger picture, a sort of three-dimentional picture as opposed to the two dimentional picture proposed by Einstein and Newton. This opens up serveral new doors and reveals more and more unanswered questions than we previously thought.

>> No.3498047

This is now a thread about real modern scientists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrett_lisi
Garrett Lisi is eh pretty cool guy, he proposes theories of quantum gravity and doesn't afraid of anything. Also he developed his theory while living in a van after saying 'FUCK YOU' to academia.

>> No.3498052

Sounds like a load of bullshit.

>> No.3498059

>>3498043
>Quantam physicists veiw the universe at an even larger picture, a sort of three-dimentional picture as opposed to the two dimentional picture proposed by Einstein and Newton. This opens up serveral new doors and reveals more and more unanswered questions than we previously thought.

You don't know jack shit about quantum mechanics.

>> No.3498122

>"According to breakthroughs by leading physicists like Michio Kaku..."

yep, stopped reading right there.

>> No.3498132

Many worlds doesn't say anything can happen. There can be infinite possible worlds and still prevent things, like breaking physical laws. Thus even though there are an infinite number of universes OP is still a faggot in all of them.

>> No.3498178

>I've done a lot of studying on advanced physics
>I've been watching Science Channel pseudo physics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4_tHkkw7vk (you laugh you lose)

>> No.3498180

>>3498132
>Many worlds doesn't say anything can happen

Not according to Michio Kaku, faggot.

Are you saying you're smarter than Dr. Kaku, faggot?

>> No.3498249

>>3498180
Most people here are.

>> No.3498281
File: 50 KB, 303x268, 1299457563874.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>So everything previously stated is undeniable fact.

>mon visage when

>> No.3498291
File: 51 KB, 795x664, 1303140244028.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3498178
ive actually watched the whole program on discovery channel, kaku must either be a troll or a sci fi loverboy, either way that makes me not like him.

which doesnt change the fact that he is a good physicist, so meh.