[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 13 KB, 265x240, lolok.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3458528 No.3458528 [Reply] [Original]

We are now going to legitimately prove once in for all how to fake a UFO in the sky. No other website has done this or no other organisation has done this.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kniSoqJXJSU
This has been getting ridiculous. However let's assume there is no altered video footage.

Not to mention we all know it's possible to do so. How to do it? How would you design a floating craft to make it look like a U.F.O.?
Balloons with L.E.D. lights on it? A backyard weather balloon with L.E.D. lights on it?
Put your thinking cap on, because I want real schematics. Maybe we should post this question on Mythbusters.

>> No.3458540

Do not let me down.

>> No.3458594

>We are now going to legitimately prove once in for all how to fake a UFO in the sky.

if there are alien crafts flying around earth right now i hope one manages to smash into the side of your home

>> No.3458618

I'd get a glass plate, hold it in front of my camera so you can't see the edges, get a bunch of led lights, hold them behind the camera so they reflect in the glass ???? It now appears there are lights in the sky which I can make look like they're flying really fast.

>> No.3458623

>>3458618
but yes after watching the video that does look like a bunch of balloons on a rope with lights on them.

>> No.3458628

The only problem i have with all these ufo stories (other than the usual)

If these Aliens have worked out how to cross vast distances of space....how would they have missed the simple telescope and would have to resort to flying craft to observe rural people?

Trolling aliens isn't a answer

>> No.3458663

You mean flying saucers? UFO is just Unidentified Flying Objects.

>> No.3458672

So why are all UFOs flying saucers? The reptile people?

>> No.3458680

It's an RC saucer.

>> No.3458692

>>3458628
A better question would be, why would aliens install flashy lights on their saucers?

>> No.3458699
File: 47 KB, 1180x665, not putting your medic in the fridge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3458692
>2011
>doesnt have flashing lights on his saucer

>> No.3458700

>>3458692
same reasons our airplanes have

>> No.3458702
File: 6 KB, 252x200, 0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3458528

>How would you design a floating craft to make it look like a U.F.O.?

There isnt any conventional definition of the appearance of "UFO".
Provide your definition.
And prove that everyone that ever asserted and recorded "UFO" scenes, refers to the same definition as yours.
However you cannot do that, hence your argument is invalid.

>> No.3458747 [DELETED] 
File: 56 KB, 650x338, Motionlite-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3458692
For the same reason niggers put LED lights under their cars and get 20 inch rims.

>> No.3458750

Firstly, you're going to have to make it RC. A light floating in the sky could be anything, and real UFOs never just float across the sky aimlessly, they preform specific maneuvers. Either a 'falling leaf' movement, a zig-zag movement, or jumping from one part of the sky to the other.

The second reason that RC is important is that you need to be able to make it instantly disappear. Perhaps some sort of firework could be designed that would shoot off very very fast in a specific direction, while the main UFO simply dimmed it's lights and drifted silently to Earth for retrieval.

The general shape of the UFO doesn't have to be fancy. A colored ball of light or glowing 'cigar' would be simple to make, and mesh well with real UFO reports.

Another effect you might want to consider is clouds/smoke. UFOs often produce smoke, and the smoke is often described at 'glowing'.

Finally you'll want to make your UFO jive with the statistical evidence. UFO sightings peak between 1-3:00AM, with smaller peaks occurring around 11-12:00PM and dawn. This will fool even the experts.

>>3458628

What about if they're not aliens, but something else? Have you heard of the Extra-Dimensional Hypothesis?

>>3458672

The variety in reported UFO shapes is immense. The most commonly reported shape is actually either a glowing ball of light or a glowing cloud.

>> No.3458786
File: 95 KB, 763x1037, Java.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The way the blue light in the center periodically flickers....makes me think its real.
If it were a weather baloon, it wouldn't flicker that way.

>> No.3459129

>>3458528

Hello, dear OP. Sorry for my bad English.

My friends and I here in Finland use custom sized, preferably as big as possible multicopters (quads are clumsy, but hexa- and octocopters are worth all that time and money). Lithium-ion batteries, at least 80Ah overall juice. For show, we use those cluster LEDs ranging from 20 watts to 100 watts. We also use transparent surfaces for spreading the light to make it look anything from a glowing medusa to huge ellipse of light, like plexi, polycarbonate (heavy as shit) and sideglow fiber. We had three of these multicopters, but the first one got crashed due to my shitty Arduino programming.

Best trolling results were accumulated when we flew over a Russian small town which had big hay fields like next to the streets, and simultaneously played a single, long tone with a tuba, microphone, and a speaker system in a car (owned by a local dumbass teenager). I don't understand the Russian language, but judging by the town's peoples' tone of the voice, they were pretty serious and shit scared, while some of the teenagers we got on onboard-cam we're excited positively.

Here in north crossing the borders is easy and risk-free, but only if flied high enough so it's not spotted by any surveillance equipment and low enough not to end up beeping someone's radar.

Also, these things are perfect for other uses too. If you are marketing or selling something and a face-to-face connection is a must while enjoying almost full anonymity, meet your customers with one of these instead of shitting your pants wondering if you get seen or caught.

>> No.3459475

>>3459129
Samefag here.

I forgot to mention that I was talking about RC ones, not real-life sized. Largest one we have has a diameter of 4700 mm, and it's little less than 13 kilograms.

P.S: My deepest condolences to Norway. The sorrow has spread all over Fennoscandia.

>> No.3459511

>>3458628
the real problem is ..
if they came all the way to our planet why don't they make any contact with us so we will know we are not alone , i mean that the entire planet will know and not one American guy who got his asshole explored by an alien.
and if they want to observe us and don't want us to know about it , they must have some crazy ass cloaking tech if they can travel such vast distance of space.

and if they really came all the way here and just float around are planet and make cool tricks in the sky .. then they are universal trolls.