[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 22 KB, 382x299, main-physics.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3458090 No.3458090[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I have to admit something.

My name is Dr. Richard T. Bale, a practiced particle physicist for the last 32 years; graduated with honors from Duke in my early 20s, and having gained my Ph.D in physics from Edinburgh shortly thereafter. I was soon picked up by company to be unnamed for various projects, including the search for the Higgs Boson for which lead me to grandeur including a short stay at CERN within these last couple years.

We make it all up.

Not a damned night goes by in how I wonder that we've come to far by such asinine and preposterous understand of science. There are times I compare my practice to that of spinning a bottle at some 14-year-old girl's birthday in how we choose our fundamental deductions. Frankly, I haven't the slightly inkling how we've not yet blown ourselves up save for the unfortunate people of Japan, for whom we are wholly responsible in crimes against humanity. We're ignorant children playing with a lighter, enamored by the flame in a tribal-like delusion of strength and power. One day we're going to burn the forest down and there will be nothing left.

I've retired early in disgust with these "sciences", and pray those aspiring in the same field do not lower themselves to be clowns in a circus of lies and ignorance. This old codger is through with the parade, and done wearing masks.

>> No.3458101

Oh.. that's cool.

>> No.3458104

= fail
so gtfo

>> No.3458106

Nudes or it didn't happen.

>> No.3458110
File: 36 KB, 573x633, 1310844222465.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Send this to BBC!