[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 212 KB, 960x540, seacow_01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3422837 No.3422837 [Reply] [Original]

Since men only tend to lactate when there is an inflammation problem or they are on steroids, I was wondering if there has ever been a study on male's milk in terms of the composition or effects on a new born that is being feed milk from a man. I would imagine it would be unsafe because of contamination from bacteria, or steroids. But suppose a man is able to lactate with out having an infection or being on steroids. How might his breast milk differ from that of a woman? Would it be safe for new born to consume?

This thought popped into my head last night while watching a man lactate Tosh.0? I looked into it but was unable to find any information beyond a few sensationalist articles. I was wondering if anyone on /sci/ might have some input.

>> No.3422845
File: 3 KB, 211x152, expression.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>MFW this thread
I am rather positive it would not be healthy at all.

>> No.3422870

would it even be different?

I imagine a man that could lactate would have pretty small breasts, comparable to a woman with small breasts, so unless his higher levels of testosterone affect the milk in someway it would be the same.

>> No.3422881

Just to bring this further down a strange road, there could be a practical application for men lactating. Since the number of young mothers working full time has increased, as well as the number of stay at home fathers. This change in social norms could create a viable use for a man's milk.

>> No.3423169

bump for morbid curiosity