[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 14 KB, 395x395, lenny.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3366017 No.3366017 [Reply] [Original]

So hydrogen is a light odorless gas, that given enough time will turn into planets and humans?

>> No.3366026

Maybe you're made of hydrogen motherfucker, but I'm not.

>> No.3366031

How exactly was this not clear¿

>> No.3366033

this is an old school of thought, we have recently found other building blocks that don't rely on electrons orbiting protons and neutrons

>> No.3366045

Gravity helps, and billions and billions of years...

>> No.3366050

Yes, just add gravity. And you're going to need a hell of a lot of hydrogen.

>> No.3366052

first stars, then planets and humans.

>> No.3366057

let's not forget dark matter, k?

>> No.3366060

given the basis of the infinite monkey theorem, yes.

>> No.3366138

So how

>> No.3366176

>>3366033
Planets and human bodies are almost entirely made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons. There are very small amounts of various other things like neutrinos, but they serve little if any structural or functional purpose, at least in our current understanding.

>> No.3366182

>There are very small amounts of various other things like neutrinos, but they serve little if any structural or functional purpose

So neutrino's are like that random bolt in a machine. Take one out, and it doesn't make a fucking difference.

>> No.3366193

What if the planets all once held human life in the past but nuclear war and other environmental disasters caused them to look the way they do today.

>> No.3366198

>>3366182
Actually, they don't really have any effect on a macro level at all. You could remove all of them and very little would change, probably nothing from a human perspective.
Keep in mind I'm not a particle physicist, so I may be talking out of my ass.

>> No.3366223

>>3366193
>What if the planets all once held human life
If that were found to be true in the distant future, I'd be pissed about not winning lotto every single time because that would be far more likely

>> No.3366351

Gravity causes hydrogen to gradually clump together, form a star, start fusion, star begins dying, core becomes solid, star supernovas, solid particle matter flies everywhere, that matter begins clumping through gravity, eventually a planet is formed, an atmosphere is formed, organic molecules are formed, simple life is formed, complex life comes about and eventually becomes human.

Sounds simple enough..