[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 8 KB, 467x238, 1309804938379.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3333279 No.3333279 [Reply] [Original]

*Attack Catholic priests for behavior you don't disapprove of anyway
*Attack agnostics as flip-floppers
*Claim to not accept things on blind faith, but accept God's nonexistence on blind faith
*Claim that primitive ancient cults are equivalent to modern religion
*Claim to support science when atheistic communist nations regularly manipulated it for political purposes
*Attack Christians for the Inquisition while refusing to acknowledge the atrocities committed by atheists in the 20th century
*Claim to understand the Bible better than Christians, but know nothing except a few of the more violent sections
*Claim that morals don't exist, but still follow the morals of religions
*Claim that the Bible commands people to keep slaves when it doesn't
*Claim the Bible is bad because it orders people to put gays to death, but get mad when Christians don't put gays to death and accuse them of cherry-picking their religion
*Act as if Southern Baptists represent all Christians
*Accuse Christians of cherry-picking parts of the Bible while doing the exact same thing
*Complain the Bible is inconsistent while ignoring the fact that it had multiple authors
*Resort to ad-hominems and strawmen in every argument
*Fail to understand how prayer works
*Act as if God is something that's testable in a laboratory

>> No.3333295

>inb4 300 posts

>> No.3333304

>*Claim to not accept things on blind faith, but accept God's nonexistence on blind faith

Not accepting something isn't the same as accepting its nonexistence. If you want me to accept it, show me clear, physical proof.

>*Act as if God is something that's testable in a laboratory

Can you name one other natural phenomenon that isn't? Thus, if a god is, as you claim, not, therefore odds are it simply doesn't exist.

>> No.3333306

The only annoying things atheists do are:

Bring up religion all the time.
Try and "convert" people to atheism.
Bash Christianity but claim Muslims to be peaceful.

I'm not religious and I'm not an atheist. I don't care if there is a God or not. Why does it matter?

>> No.3333309

>How to be a troll:

*See OP

>> No.3333310

>*Attack Catholic priests for behavior you don't disapprove of anyway

>implying atheism means you approve of paedophilia

>*Claim that primitive ancient cults are equivalent to modern religion

>They all fail basic tests of rationality

>> No.3333311

I'm ok with this

>> No.3333313

sounds about right to me, ive seen them do worse as a group though

>> No.3333317

>>3333310

It does. No god=no morals=moral relativism

>> No.3333319

>>3333306

>I'm not religious and I'm not an atheist. I don't care if there is a God or not. Why does it matter?

Can you absolutely, positively claim to believe there is a god?

If not, you're an atheist.

>> No.3333323

>>3333310

>implying you're fooling anyone

>> No.3333326

>>3333306

Hello there, agnostic atheist.

>> No.3333329

>>3333319

That's great.

I don't care either way. If people want to believe in something it's nothing to do with me. I really can't see why it matters at all.

>> No.3333331

>>3333317

Moral relativism doesn't mean we're OK with fucking babies. Also, religious morons didn't invent morality, stop acting like you have a monopoly over it.

>> No.3333339

>>3333331

Ideas of western morals come from religion. It's what we base pretty much everything from. Empires and countries are built around it. Rome, Britain, France, Germany, USA were all founded and set up around the idea of God and organised religion. You can't deny its influence, even if it probably is a load of lies.

Also not enough sage in this thread.

>> No.3333340

>Also, religious morons didn't invent morality

No, but God did and he gave them morals to write down.

>> No.3333342

>>3333317

"Morals" were invented by humans, probably a great deal earlier than the idea of a "god" was invented by humans. Deal with it, it's just another way to describe what we believe to be right or wrong. Christians just wrote theirs down in a book and burned anyone who disagreed with them for a few centuries, there's nothing special about that particular set of moral guidelines.

>> No.3333346

>>3333317
>It does. No god=no morals

And this is why some atheists hate religious people. Because they are fucking broken. Look at this shit.

>> No.3333348

EVERY FUCKING FIELD

RELIGION != SCIENCE

>> No.3333349

add saging butthurt dumbfuck christfag threads to the list

this is a board about goddamn science, you stupid niggers are the ones coming here attacking us. gb2b or west boro baptist where ever the fuck you came from

>> No.3333350

>>3333348

Typical atheist running out of arguments.

>> No.3333351

>>3333346

Everything written in the Bible has somehow influenced your life if you live in a developed nation.

Laws, constitutions, systems of government are all built up around the ideas that stemmed from that. Questioning its truth and accuracy is fine, but questioning or denying its influence is foolish.

>> No.3333355
File: 14 KB, 247x364, 1291060666858.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3333349

>> No.3333362

>>3333350

There's nothing to argue about, and you can't have a "debate" with someone who isn't capable of basic rationality. The god/no god argument isn't a "debate", it's retards shouting at rational people and acting offended when rational people refuse to indulge them.

>> No.3333364

>>3333349

There are daily threads made about atheists, ranting about Christians.

Just make the following words a bannable offense:

Religion
Christian
Jesus
Atheist
Bible
Agnostic

It's not at all relevant to the idea of this board.

>> No.3333375

>>3333351

Nobody is denying the influence of this particular strain of irrational thought. Rational people just realise that this influence isn't as positive as you religious morons believe.

>> No.3333377

>>3333342
I dunno; the Jews were the first people to have a real written moral code. The closest thing before that was Hammurabi's law and it dealt mostly with property offenses rather than morality.

>> No.3333382
File: 15 KB, 222x222, lb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3333364
>ban things you don't like
>oppress free will

typical communist paradoxical atheist behavior

>> No.3333386

>>3333375

>Rational people just realise that this influence isn't as positive as you religious morons believe.

I've never been to church in my life you angry little cunt.

You're as bad as the Christians. Normal people don't give it any thought because it doesn't fucking matter.

>> No.3333399
File: 47 KB, 591x556, 1288537761434.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Makes perfect fucking sense.

>> No.3333401

>>3333351
>Questioning its truth and accuracy is fine, but questioning or denying its influence is foolish.

I deny its influence. I was contesting the opinion that morality is exclusive to religion and the concept of god.

>> No.3333402

>>3333349
Sorry, but if atheistfags are going to turn this place into /dawkins, they get what they deserve.

>> No.3333405

>>3333401
>didn't deny

>> No.3333424

>>3333339
>Ideas of western morals come from religion. It's what we base pretty much everything from.

Western civilization is a marriage of Greco-Roman culture and Christianity.

>> No.3333428
File: 26 KB, 443x330, Picture 7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>How to be Agnostic
>Embrace science
>Be open minded and respectful towards people beliefs
>Accept deities or higher beings as a possibility, but not a fact and not give a shit because it's something that can only be proved once we actually die
>Fuck everything else and not worry about things that don't matter

>> No.3333433

How to be a theist:

*Make your own rules and build a framework on which God works, but cannot be proved upon.
*Accuse atheists for not following your rules.

0/10

>> No.3333446

Most theists reject thousands of gods (note, it is a job title, not a name), atheists just reject 1 more ( or some indeterminate number more when dealing with polytheists).

>> No.3333452

>>3333428

This.

>> No.3333466

>>3333428
>don't care about religious people being religious, just let them do their thing

The problem with this is that it is an acceptance of flawed, illogical, purely retarded thinking. Am I the only one that sees something wrong with that?

>> No.3333488

>>3333446
Boring, overused argument is boring.

>> No.3333501

>>3333488

But still true. Do you realise why you don't believe in all those other, obviously made up cults, religions and sects? That's the same reason why I don't believe in yours.

>> No.3333508
File: 25 KB, 510x351, 8794455566Picture 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3333466
There's no way to prove or disprove the existence of a God or Gods. Maybe there is one but it isn't in the form that humans can perceive, and religion is just a way to subconsciously express that, scratching at the surface.
But, if it makes people more comfortable and happy to live life knowing they'll get a reward at the end, then what's the problem with letting them do so?
Christian religion makes people more comfortable with passing on, I don't see what's wrong with letting people feel at ease with dying.
But of course this only applies on a case by case situation; in extreme cases there is a problem with religion if it's getting in the way with peoples health ("Healing by faith"), but most Christians have enough sense to not do this.

>> No.3333510

>>3333466

>Am I the only one that sees something wrong with that?

Yes.

>flawed

By your own measures

>Illogical

By what standard?

>retarded

Again with the insulting

This is why no one takes you seriously in life. You care way too much about things that don't concern you in the slightest. You're literally going out there to find something to get angry about.

I find people who discuss anime and videogames boring. I don't go give /v/ and /a/ a load of shit about it.

>> No.3333528

out.

>> No.3333540

>>3333508

>There's no way to prove or disprove the existence of a God or Gods.

And as long as that's the case, there's no reason to believe any of them exists. I can make any number of improbable claims, and as long as I can't prove any of them, I can't expect people to just believe me.

>Christian religion makes people more comfortable with passing on, I don't see what's wrong with letting people feel at ease with dying.

Because people SHOULDN'T FEEL AT EASE WITH DYING. You aren't "passing on", and you won't be resting in peace, YOUR CONSCIOUS MIND WILL BE DESTROYED AND YOU WILL CEASE TO EXIST ENTIRELY. The sick fucks forcing people to accept that as a part of the natural order are fucking evil. Death is fundamentally wrong, and anyone who believes otherwise is being irrational.

>> No.3333563

>>3333501
Those ancient gods died out because they were too limiting and could not transcend human nature. Most were really just anthropomorphized forces of nature.

The great prophetic religions OTOH offered salvation to everyone and provided an entire world view to live by. In short they aspired to a much greater purpose that sacrificing a goat to Baal so the rain would come for your crops.

>> No.3333589

>>3333540
>Because people SHOULDN'T FEEL AT EASE WITH DYING. You aren't "passing on", and you won't be resting in peace, YOUR CONSCIOUS MIND WILL BE DESTROYED AND YOU WILL CEASE TO EXIST ENTIRELY. The sick fucks forcing people to accept that as a part of the natural order are fucking evil. Death is fundamentally wrong, and anyone who believes otherwise is being irrational.

Replace death with "old age" and I'll agree with you 100%. I can accept death just fine, but I find aging abhorrent.

>> No.3333593

Would you believe you've been followed around by an invisible flying unicorn you're entire life that has affected you in no way whatsoever, that you have observed in no way whatsoever? No. There is absolutely no reason to believe that. There is nothing to support such a belief. Such is the same with God. Wishful thinking, that's all it is.

Are you suggesting that it is logical to believe in the existence of something which cannot be demonstrated in any way, shape, or form?

>> No.3333595

>>3333589
You wouldn't mind ceasing to exist?

>> No.3333605
File: 903 KB, 640x480, shot0012.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3333540
>And as long as that's the case, there's no reason to believe any of them exists.
The absence of something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
That's the beauty of being Agnostic; Just accept that it's a possibility but not a fact.
God could be something that humans can't even imagine, or it could be nothing at all. There's no way to prove or disprove, so there's nothing you can do but be respectful to what people want to believe while holding to your own beliefs.

>The sick fucks forcing people to accept that as a part of the natural order are fucking evil. Death is fundamentally wrong, and anyone who believes otherwise is being irrational.
Not_sure_if_trolling.jpg
Death is a natural part of the human life cycle; we live, we die, we pass on what we can to our children. Of course it's natural to avoid death and not want to die, but you have to accept that immortality is not going to be found within our life time.
You will die. Christianity just teaches that you don't have to fear death, it makes people at ease. You certainly don't seem comfortable with dying, can you blame people for wanting to find comfort in death?

>> No.3333614

>>3333595
Well see, we don't know what death brings, but we do know what advanced age brings and it's usually not pretty.

>> No.3333642
File: 499 KB, 500x335, 1309059582781.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

EVERYDAY, EVERYDAY I GET TO /sci/ AND THERE IS A FUCKING THREAD LIKE THIS ONE. IT'S NOT EVEN RELIGIOUS DEBATE ANYMORE, IT'S A TEST. A TEST TO SEE HOW DUMB /sci/ CAN REALLY BE AND ANSWER THE MOST RIDICULOUS OF TROLLS.

IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT OP WAS NOT TRYING TO BASH ATHEISM OR DISCUSS THE EXISTENCE OF GOD OR DEFEND HIS IDEAS OR ASKING FOR ADVICE, YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. HE IS LAUGHING AT ALL OF YOU RIGHT NOW. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN AS LONG AS YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN THIS STUPID TROLLS. ONE COULD SAY "ATHEISTS LIKE THE COLOR BLUE AND USE CELL PHONES THEREFORE THERE IS A GOD" AND YOU WOULD STILL REPLY TO IT OVER X100.

THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE A THREAD LIKE THIS, IGNORE IT, HIDE IT WITH 4CHAN X EXTENSION FOR FIREFOX, REPORT IT, JUST MOVE ON ALREADY! IF YOU SEE A THREAD LIKE THIS AND 10 SERIOUS REPLIES WITH STUPID OR INTELLIGENT OPINIONS, JUST REALIZE THESE ARE OP TRYING TO GET THE THREAD GOING OR REALLY RETARTED PEOPLE FOR ANSWERING OP. IGNORE IT. HIDE IT. REPORT IT. IT'S ONLY WHEN YOU IGNORE AND MAKE IT BE NOT FUN ANYMORE THAT THE THREADS WILL STOP.

PLEASE STOP BEING RETARDED

>/sci/ - Science & Math

>/SCI/ AS IN "SCIENCE"
>SCIENCE
>MATH

>NOT RELIGION
>NOT LACK OF RELIGION
>NOT "LET'S PRETEND WE ARE RETARDED AND ANSWER TROLL THREAD"

>/SCI/(ENCE) - MOTHERFUCKIN SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSION AND MATHEFUCKINGMATICS

>> No.3333670

>>3333642
yet another butthurt atheist detected, running out of arguments and trying to call op a troll

childish and pathetic, much like the entire atheist philosophy

>> No.3333678

fascist

>> No.3333692
File: 903 KB, 640x480, shot0007.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3333593
Ages ago people didn't believe that there were any other solar systems other than ours.
Does that mean that those other solar systems and galaxies didn't exist for the time that people didn't know about them?
Things exist that we don't know about.
Just because we don't know about them doesn't mean that they don't exist.
They're still there, we don't make them exist by knowing about them, they exist with or without us knowing.

>> No.3333699

>>3333692

Please.

>> No.3333704

>>3333642
>failed the test

>> No.3333709

>>3333605

> You certainly don't seem comfortable with dying, can you blame people for wanting to find comfort in death?

Yes, yes I can. This is why only a rational atheist can truly realise the value of life - because only a rational atheist, free of any delusions of afterlise, can realise how final, abhorrent and repulsive death really is. Nobody should feel comforted by that. Everyone should be scared as fuck of dying and doing everything in their power to cure aging and death.

>> No.3333713

>>3333709

"see you can only truly enjoy life by being in constant pants-pissing fear"

>> No.3333717

>>3333692

...Yes? Just because there might be a God doesn't mean they are justified in believing that there is.

>> No.3333730

>>3333709
As I said, I agree about aging, although I'm a skeptic and believe the most we'll do is cure certain areas of the body.

And again, why fear death if you don't even know exactly happens when you go?

>> No.3333735

>>3333713

Rationality (of which atheism is merely a consequence) isn't about "enjoying life" or some other philosophical bullshit. It's about the search of scientific truths, which in most cases improve the human condition. I hope people can be happier when they're rational than they are when they're religious. If that turns out not to be the case, misery in truth is worth more than happiness in delusion.

>> No.3333742

>start writing a greentext counter
>can't be assed and stopped writing after a few lines
>sage

>> No.3333743

>>3333730
why fear the bottom of a dark pit.
there could be water down there bro.
i'm sure your landing will be just fine.

>> No.3333751

>>3333735

>scientific truths, which in most cases improve the human condition

sounds like youve just replaced one form of faith with another, hoss

>> No.3333754
File: 60 KB, 225x209, 1290058356900.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3333717
Well now you're just throwing the beliefs of science out the window.
Science is there to help us understand what we don't know.
If we didn't follow, explore, dissect or try to discover what we don't know, science would be nothing, useless.
Just the possibility that something could exist or be achieved is what we use Science for.
There's the possibility that time isn't a straight line but a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-winey stuff; the possibility of time travel gives justification for scientists to try to find a way to travel through time.
The possibility of God gives them justification to believe what they want to.

>> No.3333756

>>3333730
>why fear death if you don't even know exactly happens when you go?

You just answered your question. However unlikely, it remains a possibly that a lot of us, as atheists, will go to hell after death and have to endure torture and misery on a time scale so vast that 900 trillion years is like a blink of an eye in our current lives.

That is merely one example of a bad scenario of what life after death could be like. There are endless more.

>> No.3333760

>>3333743
You don't know happens when you die, and neither do I. Anyone who claims with certainty is an idiot.

>> No.3333764

>>3333730

Imagine a crazy dictator hires the gayest engineers on Earth to invent a device that allows him to kill 150 000 people every day, at random. The entire world would unite against this threat with the singular resolve of ending it. Why are we so apathetic about the same number of people dying from natural, preventable causes?

>> No.3333779

>>3333764
At some point, we need to go to prevent overpopulation. As I said, I view old age as much worse than death, and I would rather kill myself at 50 than shit in a pair of Depends.

>> No.3333780
File: 18 KB, 550x375, 1293030771182.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>hate only the three monotheist religions
>bash current believers for atrocities committed either by a select few or groups hundreds of years ago
>can't into historical context
>can't into scriptural interpretation
>can't into history
>can't into a polite discussion
>completely ignore the atrocities of other religions
>think anyone who believes in a god is a creationist or on their level
>claim there is proof that there is no god, but never provide
>act like they are the rational ones

lol

>> No.3333782

>>3333692

I'd subscribe to your, live and let live, philosophy, if it weren't for a significant number of those people who do believe in an all-powerful creative force or deity trying to denigrate, control and occasionally outright kill those who choose to peacefully oppose those ideas.

>> No.3333793

>>3333754
Well now you're just throwing the beliefs of science out the window.
Science is there to help us understand what we don't know.
If we didn't follow, explore, dissect or try to discover what we don't know, science would be nothing, useless.
Just the possibility that something could exist or be achieved is what we use Science for.
There's the possibility that time isn't a straight line but a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-winey stuff; the possibility of time travel gives justification for scientists to try to find a way to travel through time.
The possibility of God gives them justification to believe what they want to.

Looking at possibilities in science is not equivalent to believing that those possibilities are actually true before having proved it.

So the possibility that when I die I could have the ability to choose from any life I would like to live next is justification to believe that that will happen? What the fucking fuck?

>> No.3333797
File: 38 KB, 313x311, dumbbitch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh look, another troll thread...

>> No.3333799
File: 65 KB, 400x400, 1305739623808.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333822

>>3333782

>people who do believe in an all-powerful creative force or deity trying to denigrate, control and occasionally outright kill

using devices or weapons created by science

>> No.3333826

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333829

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYINTHIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333832

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333833

Saging this shit.

>> No.3333834

>>3333826
>>3333829
Would be so funny if you slipped some gibberish in there.

>> No.3333839

0/10

shitty troll, you didn't fool ME

>> No.3333840

>>3333832

atheist elitist trying to stifle discussion as usual

>> No.3333841

>>3333780
>can't into history

I've been over all of these with atheists, but it requires a huge amount of mental energy, especially since I'm only an armchair theologian. In the end, I usually find myself unable to reach a common mutual understanding with them because of their moral relativism (ie. thinking all belief systems and values are equal), their Blame God For Everything attitude, and their nonstop circular logic. I just end up feeling like I'm talking to someone with cement for brains.

How the heck do you reason with a guy who's so dense that he believes it's a possibility that God could let Osama bin Laden into heaven and send Mother Teresa to Hell.

If that's what you believe, you're truly a pathetic person.

>> No.3333845

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS

>> No.3333848

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSTO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333852

>>3333822

0/10 when you'd have to admit that your "God" knowingly invented all these things too.

I am an athiest, I dont try to convert anyone, my ideas and feelings are unto me, do me a favour and offer me the same courtesy.

>> No.3333854

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THISTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333858

>>3333852
no one is trying to convert you to anything

typical of you irrational angsty teenagers, always thinking the world is out to get you

>> No.3333860

Am I doing it rite?

>> No.3333862

>>3333852

man has free will, he can build dumb shit like nukes and cannons or whatever, that doesnt mean that stuff was gods idea

also feel free to quote where i "tr[ied] to convert" you

>> No.3333864

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYINGSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333872

GODDAMN FUCKING CHRISTFAG NIGGERS GET THE FUCK OFF OF /SCI/

>> No.3333877

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333888

Yeah guys, stop replying already.

>> No.3333880

>>3333862

Being omnipotent, he knew exactly what was going to happen. He knew that adam and eve would eat fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He knew cane would kill able. He knew that Hitler would rise to power and massacre millions of people. He knew all of this and ensured it came to pass when he created us. Perhaps the ends justify the means, I don't fucking know. But if God exists, and he is omnipotent and all-powerful, then the world exists today exactly as it does because it is exactly how he wanted it.

>> No.3333882
File: 75 KB, 600x358, 3333.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3333858

>Angsty teen.

>mfw

No paranoia here, I went through a phase of seeking faith probably long before you were born, I saw plenty of snake oil salesmen even then.

>> No.3333890

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333892

>>3333872
>don't believe in god
>use his name is vain

Atheist logic in a nutshell

>> No.3333894

/sci/ - Science & Math

1. All science and math related topics welcome.
2. Homework threads will be deleted, and the poster banned.
3. No "religion vs. science" threads.

Saged and reported

>> No.3333896

>>3333780

http://bible.cc/

This is a good site to use for that.

>> No.3333901

>>3333880

omnipotence and omniscience are two separate things dude

>> No.3333904

>>3333890
Someone lost the game, twice.

>> No.3333908

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSLYING TO THISSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333911

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333912

>>3333880
Isaiah 55:8-9

>> No.3333920

>>3333901
right you are, my mistake

>>3333892

Really?

>> No.3333925

Kind of want. Also:

Girl : Am I pretty?
Boy : NO.
Girl : Do you want to be with me forever?
Boy : NO.
Girl : Would you cry if I walked away?
.................................Boy : NO.
She heard enough, and was hurt. She walked away, tears ran down her face. The boy grabbed her arm.
Boy : Your not pretty, your beautiful. I don't want to be with you forever, I NEED to be with you forever. And I wouldn't cry if you walked away, I would DIE.
(Boy whispers) : Please? Stay with me.
(Girl whispers) : I will.
Tonight at midnight your true love will realize they love you. Something good will happen to you between 1-4 pm. Tomorrow it could be anywhere. Get ready for the biggest shock of your life! If you don't post this to 5 other pages. You will have relationship problems for the next 10 years.

>> No.3333927

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333936

>>3333894
>>3333894
>>3333894
>>3333894
>>3333894

>> No.3333937
File: 28 KB, 340x378, 3914c6a9-81aa-499f-87aa-511a0880c0b8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3333927
u mad?

>> No.3333942

>>3333925
>>3333925
>>3333925
STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333945
File: 59 KB, 600x400, average american.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

HOOYAH 4chan!, my name is [REDACTED PER STANDING OPSEC/PERSEC ORDERS]

I'm a 17 year old future Navy SEAL from /k/. I draw direct action mission plans and dead hadjis on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my tactics and watching superior military movies. (Black Hawk Down, GI Jane, Restrepo)

I train with my Inokatsu MTW M4A1 SOPMOD Gas Blowback M4 every day, this superior weapon can leave huge welts and possibly draw blood, and is vastly superior than any other airsoft rifle on earth. I earned my airsoft operator license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak military lingo fluently, both the Navy and the Army dialect (might join the d-boys instead), and I write after action reports fluently as well. I know everything about SEAL history and their SEAL creed, which I follow 100%

When I turn 18, I am enlisting in the Navy to become part of their elite ranks and to learn more about their magnificent battle tactics. I hope I can become a DEVGRU operator or other Tier 1 asset!

I own several SOG SEAL Pup Elites, which I carry around town. I want to get used to dual wielding them before I get sent on a real black ops mission, so I can dispatch sentries easier. I always salute the ex-SF guys at the VFW and speak in military jargon as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in the Navy!

>> No.3333953

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333956

>>3333912

I didn't say he wasn't justified in making things the way they are. I even said that perhaps the end justify the means. All I said was things are the way they are because that's the way he wanted it.

>> No.3333965

>>3333945

wat

>> No.3333969

I'm recommending everyone that bumps this thread for a permanent ban.

>> No.3333971

>> No.3333983

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP RSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU ISTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSDIOTSTHIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSEPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3333986

>>3333841
All morals have practical functions aside from religious ones, but many atheists go so far as to deny that things like doing 50 men in a gay bathhouse is bad for you.

Argue all day long if God exists, but AIDS sure does.

>> No.3333987

>>3333971
why don't you just calm down and go have a nice beverage?

we are now having a civilized discussion here

>> No.3333989

>3333333

>> No.3334003

Atheists tend to make this common false dichotomy - either you are a rational person who believes only what science can prove or you are deluded and stupid. This position, which is both explicitly stated and clearly implied by people like Dawkins and Hitchens, is based on a shared erroneous assumption - that the only kind of warranted beliefs are those that can be established through logical or scientific argument. Many of our foundational beliefs are warranted, but not in this way, including our beliefs that we exist, that other people exist, that the physical world exists, and that the world has been around for more than 10 minutes, just to mention a few. These beliefs, and others like them are warranted, even though they cannot be proven through argument. If this is so, then we cannot reject out of hand the possibility of other basic ways of knowing, and this would include religious knowledge. Sometimes authors like Hitchens and Dawkins act and speak as if they are the last of the modernists, blissfully ignorant of the philosophical developments that have ushered in the postmodern age in which we now live.

TL;DR, get the fuck out of the 19th century, atheists.

1.If God does not exist, then morality cannot be justified
2. But morality can be justified
3.Therefore God must exist

Here's the atheist version:

1. If God does not exist, then morality cannot be justified
2.God does not exist
3.Therefore, morality cannot be justified

So you really can't say "But atheists can be good!" Because that's inconsistent with the world view. Theists have a foundation for their morality, while atheism can only explain how morality came to be, but not really why they still subscribe to it, if there's nothing but historical, physical, and chemical processes behind it anyways... Are atheists beyond good and evil? Have they become Übermensch? Considering their flaws and failures as human beings, I don't think so.

>> No.3334004

>>3333956
FYI, things are as they are because we fucked shit up. You think God wanted men to be killing and raping and stealing? Hell no.

>> No.3334006

>>3333956

what he "wants" is for ppl to decide freely to love him and serve him and shit.... you think he likes it when people do stuff like the holocaust? no, hes just letting you make your own decisions like a good parent

>> No.3334014

>>3333987
>telling an atheist to calm down

Exercise in futility

>> No.3334022

>>3334003
They tell you that morals are whatever society agrees on is good for you. But wait. That still makes them relative. Also if there's no god, there's no motivation to do good except to be rewarded or avoid punishment, and they have no business then accusing Christians of that.

>> No.3334024

STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3334042

>>3334004
>>3334006

Yes, he wanted it, because it happens. Apparently it's an opportunity cost. He couldn't create humans in a way that would allow us to exist peacefully with one another, so he decided that having a huge chunk of people that can exist peacefully is worth having a few bad apples that rape, kill, and steal as a way of life.

>> No.3334043

/sci/ - Science & Math

3. No "religion vs. science" threads./sci/ - Science & Math

>> No.3334045

>>3333888
Fine.

>> No.3334052

>>3334006
You let your child play outside, but you still punish him for throwing a baseball through the window, amirite?

>> No.3334060

>>3334042

your being all weird and deterministic about people and their personal morals... god makes all of them but if some decide to do bad stuf for crimes or whatever that doesn't mean he made some "good people" and some "bad people" just that all of them have free will

>> No.3334062

SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3334063

>>3334024
>>3333983
>>3333971

This reminds me of this one time I debated on a forum. I was making coherent and logically sound statements in defense of belief in God and religion, but atheists only reply with mockery and insults and no real defense or rebuttals against my statements. In the end, they had to censor me and permaban me, probably because they can't seem to deal with being wrong.

Oh, atheists. =__=

>> No.3334066

>>3334042
Yeh, but we're told that in Heaven everyone coexists peacefully and there's no raping, looting, etc.

It's on the Earth that we have a problem.

>> No.3334077

SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTSOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS

>> No.3334081

>>3334062

They're blind idiots who can't see that dumb shit like this is what's ruining this board.

>> No.3334083

>>3334063
I've had intelligent debates, but even when they don't use insults, they still completely fail to understand the way religion works or why people (for example) stopped believing in gods like Zeus.

>> No.3334085

>>3334066

So in heaven we stop having free will?

>> No.3334086

>>3334063
>>3334063
>>3334063
>>3334063
>>3334063
>>3334063

/sci/ - Science & Math

>> No.3334091

>>3334085
I would suppose that Heaven is such a great place that you wouldn't want to do anything to fuck it up.

>> No.3334096

NG TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT NG TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT

>> No.3334103

SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT NG TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT

>> No.3334106

>>3334091

if it is so great and perfect and peaceful, why were we not created there?

>> No.3334107

>>3334085
We might. Satan and his minions rebelled against God and were chucked from Heaven.

>> No.3334110

YING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT NG TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT

>> No.3334113

>>3334106
Because we're dirtbags who don't deserve it. We have to earn our passage to Heaven the hard way.

>> No.3334114

>>3334106

because the earth was that way too before adam went and fucked it up

>> No.3334119

>>3334114
So we might just fuck up heaven too?

>> No.3334132

YING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT NG TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOPPLYING TO THIS SHIT

>> No.3334143

>>3334132
u mad

>> No.3334144

>>3334113
See, God cannot be around sin. It's his kryptonite. Except that it doesn't harm him; it harms you. As we are, we're too dirty and contaminated to be in his presence.

So we have to do as good as we can. Even so, we're still not worthy of Heaven, but the big guy is nice enough to let us in anyway if we try.

>> No.3334158

YING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT NG TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOUSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHITSTOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT YOU IDIOTS STHIT YOU IDIOTS STOP REPLYING TO THIS SHIT

>> No.3334161

>>3334119
Well no, because Satan can't tempt you there. Man can be saved because his sins aren't completely his own fault (he's tempted by an outside force).

Satan and his minions OTOH can never be redeemed because they rebelled against God with no justification at all.

>> No.3334167

Usually, the atheists talk about "Well, all these horrible things wouldn't happen if God existed!"

Did it ever occur to atheists that the universe isn't designed to gratify all things that we need or want (In fact, we really have a hard time differentiating what we want and what we need most of the time.) And there is no law that states we are entitled to eternal happiness and pleasure.

Instead, the universe is optimally designed so that we can make moral choices, not to appease our hedonism. Of course, that earthquake will destroy your cities; of course, that tornado will kill your loved ones- our environments need to behave like that, regardless of whether or not people are in the way- truth be told, things like earthquakes need to exist to make new life. So you can't say "If God exists, then he's evil."

TL;DR- You can't derive atheism from misotheism-

You can't look for something about God that's worth criticizing, and then declare that God doesn't exist. These two notions are different from each other. "God exists and is evil, therefore he does not exist." is logically absurd.

On the flipside, If God does not exist, and evil exists, who is responsible for good? In fact, why state that something is either good or evil, if there is no moral foundation for "good" or "evil" and that we shouldn't recognize what is good apart from evil?

>> No.3334194

>>3334158
u still mad

>> No.3334207

>>3333279
* Be a shitty religion troll on /sci/
* Suck a million cocks
* Die of full-blown AIDS
* Get saged anyway

>> No.3334212

>>3334161

There was a theological thought about how even Satan can be redeemed if he repents, because the forgiveness of God is great. However, how can someone who believes he's better than God and does not need God even have the ability to imagine the possibility of forgiveness and repentance? Now as for human beings- we change a lot. I myself was an atheist for a while, and the changed wildly, going through all sorts of thoughts until I figured that millennia of thought can't be dismissed so easily.

>> No.3334227

>>3334167
Good post. This is usually why I prefer religion threads on /b/ to /sci/. The atheist/Christian ratio there is more balanced and a lot of people come up with theological ideas I wouldn't have thought of.

I get annoyed when I'm the only guy debating 10 atheists. I can't take on all of 'em myself. I need backup sometimes.

>> No.3334246

>>3334212
This is the reason why Satan and his minions will be cast in the lake of fire at the end. Because they cannot be redeemed.

The idea of humans being tortured in Hell is a medieval invention of the Church. Early Christians only thought the lake of fire was for Satan at the end.

>> No.3334248

>>3334227
What is there to debate?

I do not believe in your alleged mythical "god", or anybody else's alleged mythical "god". The subject is NOT open to debate, my decision is final, anything you say or do is completely wasted effort.

Next subject, please? We're obviously done here.

>> No.3334251

>>3334207
* Be a mature, "serious business" type individual on 4chan
* Use toilet humor and childish jokes as a counter argument
* Believe a 4 letter word entered into a certain field shows sufficient, irrefutable disapproval as to put people in their place

>> No.3334261

>>3334248
Exactly. You're a fanatic who has complete, blind faith in atheism, making you no better than Al Qaeda.

>> No.3334264

>>3334248
>believing everyone itt is here to cater to your discussion needs

typical egotistical atheist with hints of a persecution complex

>> No.3334270

We have the fossils, we win.

>> No.3334271

>>3334113
>>3334114
>>3334144

Exactly what religion has a God become a man, and suffered the same sufferings that people had and still go through? This is entirely necessary, because the proof of the love of God has to be as equally hard as the believe in Him. If God could just press a button from Heaven to make everything horrible go away, then what exactly makes us so worthy, so noble as to brave through all the pains and hardships of human life, when we could just as well be dolls without any doubts or fears about uncertainties which truly do exist around us?

>> No.3334295

Why /sci/

why

you used to be better

why

>> No.3334302

>>3334271
To put it more bluntly, we're scum who don't deserve Heaven. If God magically waved away starving African children, we'd learn absolutely nothing.

But if we work hard to improve their lives through charity work, then we're building character and growing as people.

>> No.3334317

>>3334270

Fossils in themselves do not disprove God. It certainly dispels the notion that the Earth is not even 10,000 years old. To approach the Bible as a single book that serves a scientific purpose is erroneous. Most Christians, at least those with proper education, believe that the people who wrote the Bible weren't aware that fossils existed and probably thought elephant skulls were cyclops skulls. The people who wrote the books of the Bible instead, were more interested in chronicling the events in the history of their people, even though it certainly is biased; archaeological evidence in Israel and Egypt tend to corroborate most of the written accounts in the Bible. Still, it doesn't mean God does not exist...

>> No.3334331

>>3334167

Did it ever occur to you that for some of us the pleasure is not worth the pain?

I don't think very many atheists actually believe that he could be classified as evil if he actually exists. Yes, the epicurus quote is famous and yes a lot of things we say portray him in a negative light, but that doesn't make him evil. It just means, according to our perspective, he is not a being worthy of our admiration. Just like you probably would have a hard time admiring a random homeless guy on the street. And yes, his reasons for doing things might be perfect and we simply cannot comprehend them; but it is natural for us to try, and we can only compare his actions to those we would make.

You are implying that it is normal for an atheist to conclude that God does not exist because he is evil. While I can't say that this is never the case, it is obviously a ridiculously moronic way of thinking. The morality and motivation of a hypothetical god is an interesting topic and would provide possible reasons as to why you should not want to follow a being if he did exist, but it is completely separate from whether or not you actually believe he exists.

>On the flipside, If God does not exist, and evil exists, who is responsible for good?
We are responsible for both, obviously (in either case, you would say, yes?).

>In fact, why state that something is either good or evil, if there is no moral foundation for "good" or "evil" and that we shouldn't recognize what is good apart from evil?

There doesn't need to be a god to have a moral foundation. Good and evil is relative. Though personally, I hate those two terms.

>> No.3334339

How to be an atheist: Lack a belief in god.

How to tell the difference between a troll and a godfag: ???

>> No.3334371

>>3334302

This is also a theological discussion that was made more than a thousand years ago. Augustine of Hippo debated with a Christian leader named Pelagius, who thought that only works are necessary to gain salvation- it was instead hypothesized (and subsequently enshrined as dogma by the Catholic Church) by Augustine that the grace of God is given freely, and this is what enables a human being to do actions that are morally good, despite the unintended consequences. Sin, however, clouds this divine connection to God and thus leaves humanity in despair over their flaws, and take no action in making the grace of God more easily received by the human spirit. (Of course, atheists don't believe in God, in divine grace, nor in souls or spirits... so what exactly makes them so different from animals that live and die pointless deaths?)

>> No.3334365
File: 168 KB, 1024x768, 1309637023552.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3334373

OP here, whoops! Wrong board lol! Thought this was /b/.