[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 22 KB, 400x342, arcticbubble.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3222769 No.3222769 [Reply] [Original]

How would life change in a world stricken by a global ice age? Never mind how it happened, how would we adapt?

>> No.3222776

By building warm shelters and wearing warm clothes and finding new sources of food if not growing them in greenhouses.

haha you think we'll grow fur or some dumbshit what a fag

>> No.3222779

We would get very hairy, again; and endure Leno's jokes about the situation.

>> No.3222786

>>3222779
The only reason we would get hair is if people with more hair survived better, that wouldn't be the case though in the modern world. I wish it were, then I'd be ahead of the curve.

>> No.3222790

We'd be really cold all the time and our balls would probably fuse into our taints.

>> No.3222796

Well, assuming that resources become scarce enough, only those that are intelligent or strong enough to control the few resources would be able to keep them for themselves, and would posibly force those that aren't productive members of society out to fend for themselves. In that case you'd probably see a general increase in the intelligence and physical resiliency of the population, but I'm not an expert, it's just my best guess...

>> No.3222798

Seems there'd be serious short-term problems with food production. People would starve to death and kill each other over food.

>> No.3222816

>>3222769
Wind power would take off like a bat outta hell!

>> No.3222838

We'd have to farm indoors, and cities that are mostly underground (like Toronto) would become the norm.

>> No.3222849

Towards the equator and build up and down.