[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 9 KB, 134x197, DoomboxRL MFW.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3213225 No.3213225 [Reply] [Original]

Tell me, what do you guys think of this idea?

All parents are given the option to have their physically or mentally disabled children killed at birth. Not by default every one of them is killed like in the olden days, but at the parent's discretion.
And if the parents DO decide to keep the child, they must be properly informed of all of the struggles that they will face: that the child's cost of living will be more than a normal child's, that the kid will likely not be able to move away and live on his own. Or that they will probably never get to see their child live a normal life.

Now, I know that most of the parents of disabled children (notably mentally) say that their child is a 'blessing' and a 'gift from god', but let's be serious here. I am quite certain that most(if not all) of them secretly think to themselves "Why couldn't he have been normal" or "Why did I get stuck with this burden?"
I'm simply saying, it should be a legal option. I wouldn't even care if the whole world calls the parents in question monsters for doing it.

>> No.3213247

Yes, it should be an option. Why it's in /sci/ is beyond me, though.

>> No.3213244

We already have abortion clinics.

>> No.3213250

I like it

>> No.3213254

I wish the OP was aborted

>> No.3213257

Well, many of you seem to have some sort of autism or depression so there's a fair chance you'd be minced upon birth.

>> No.3213262
File: 553 KB, 1440x900, COME AT ME BRO.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3213254
Refer to the picture to the left.

>>3213247
Because it seemed like a place to find more logical opinions instead of random abortion nonsense.

>> No.3213263

Let's just encourage amniocentesis and subsequent abortion of abnormal fetuses.

>> No.3213283

>>3213257
>implying we'd be capable of caring if we were minced

>> No.3213290

>>3213262
Alright, I will. *comes at you* *kicks your ass* *beats your face in* WHY ARE YOU HITTING YOURSELF *hits you*

>> No.3213296

The thing with the whole abortion thing is that some of the time the problem isn't known until birth, and even some time after. So that means that some of these human pets would still possibly be forced upon unwanting parents.

>> No.3213299

>>3213290
Sophisticated level of debate you got going there.

>> No.3213303
File: 34 KB, 400x303, The faggotry, cease it.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3213290

>> No.3213308

>>3213296
>the problem isn't known until birth

see
>>3213263

>> No.3213327

>>3213290

The worst part is, you're not trolling.

>> No.3213326

Good thing most if not all cases of autism are detected 18 months or so after birth and diagnosed.

>> No.3213325

>>3213308

I understood that, but a few other morons were talking as if abortion itself just solved everything.

>> No.3213337

>>3213225
That sounds awfully close to a pro-choice straw man, I seriously doubt if could ever even be discussed outside of anonymity thanks to the
Nazis.

>> No.3213346

>>3213326
I'm not talking about autism as much as down's syndrome and things more along that line. People with autism can still grow up to leave normal, even exceptional lives. Being the smartest person with autism is an honorable title, whereas being the smartest person with down's syndrome is an insult.

>> No.3213387

>>3213346

Just perfect prenatal genetic diagnostics so we can abort damaged fetuses before they achieve sentience. No ethical problem that way (unless you are clump pf cells pro life extremist).

>> No.3213389

>>3213346
Depends on the perspective I guess, where I grew up, most of the townsfolk didn't want an autistic boy in their primary/elementary school, or in fact anywhere in the area and did so by arming themselves with torches and pitchforks.

Didn't know having autism was seen as a bonus to your character*, it was more placed in the same category as being a giant retard.

*When did this happen?

>> No.3213392

>>3213387
But if it's a genetic disorder then shouldn't we kill the parents as well so that they can't spread their shitty genes?

>> No.3213404

So you're saying parents should have their newborn kids killed if they turn out to be fucked somehow? Why not just leave them at a shelter or some shit like that? Even so, I don't think a lot of people would have it in them to give up their kids post-birth. I don't really have a moral problem with it myself and if I find myself in that position I sure as fuck hope that I'd be able to "cut my losses" right then and there, but who knows.

>> No.3213405

>>3213392

Nope. Mendelian genetics dude. It could be just a fluke.

>> No.3213420

>>3213404
Because at a shelter and whatnot they'd still be burdening people and being wastes of perfectly good resources and space, in my opinion.

>> No.3213425

>>3213389
Well i'm not saying that in general it's good, I'm talking about more along the lines that there have been cases of autistic children growing up to lead perfectly normal lives.

>> No.3213429

>>3213420
Ok, well now you're just being a heartless ass. If the parents have the option to keep, kill or leave their child. Which do you honestly think they will pick if they definitely don't want to keep it? No, you can't take away the option to leave it, it will always be there. Should it be up to the "shelter" to shove the kids into the ovens then? So you don't have to pay those tax monies for them to be taken care of, I mena.

>> No.3213436

>they must be properly informed of all of the struggles that they will face: that the child's cost of living will be more than a normal child's, that the kid will likely not be able to move away and live on his own. Or that they will probably never get to see their child live a normal life.

You do know that sometimes people BECOME strong enough to face these adversities and still be happy, but don't start out that way? And that before being those persons, they may be more insecure in facing those difficulties when confronted with them all at once without even the child in their arms yet? And that most likely people that would say with confidence that they'll surely overcome everything, greatly overestimate themselves and/or are stupid?

>I am quite certain that most(if not all) of them secretly think to themselves "Why couldn't he have been normal" or "Why did I get stuck with this burden?"

Well shit if the previous assumption didn't underline a simplistic view of reality based more on hubris than real experience, and thus suggesting a younger age, this seals it.

The idea wouldn't work anyway, for a simple reason:

>I wouldn't even care if the whole world calls the parents in question monsters for doing it

Well of course YOU wouldn't. I can assure you that they would.

>> No.3213455

ITT OP goes through his angsty teen years, spawning brilliant ideas on how to "fix" society

Sorry OP, society is not for any one person to fix, that would be dictatorship. Shit is as it is, you'd better just deal with it.

>> No.3213465
File: 31 KB, 310x310, Red & Green show.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3213436
My fiance and I were talking about this, which is what caused me to create this thread in the first place. So for the 'parents in question', I was more referring to me and her. In which case, I still wouldn't care.

>Well shit if the previous assumption didn't underline a simplistic view of reality based more on hubris than real experience, and thus suggesting a younger age, this seals it.

>> No.3213470

>>3213436
Also,
>You do know that sometimes people BECOME strong enough to face these adversities and still be happy, but don't start out that way? And that before being those persons, they may be more insecure in facing those difficulties when confronted with them all at once without even the child in their arms yet? And that most likely people that would say with confidence that they'll surely overcome everything, greatly overestimate themselves and/or are stupid?

Just made me lean more towards killing them all at death regardless.