[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 97 KB, 560x374, chinese-water.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3211993 No.3211993 [Reply] [Original]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM95HHI4gLk#t=06m17s

"I assign the lectures for homework, and what used to be homework I have the students doing in the classroom"

Fuck yeah, teachers. Thats the way to do it.

>> No.3213775

Independant, own-pace learning is definitely the most the most effective way (by orders of magnitude imo). And now we can keep track of kids while they're doing it too!

I think kids spend too much time "working" though atm. Kids should be kids. Homework should not exist untill secondary school at least. And school days should have lots of breaks for sport (15 mins every hour) to keep kid's motivation/concentration up.
I really can't express in words how much less effective i think the current approach to education is.

I had a friend who taught himself piano in 6 months to a level it takes most people years to achieve. The key difference was that because he was doing it entirely off his own bat he could put in the level of dedication it required, which he wouldn't have been able to do had he been going to formal lessons.

When i think of how much of my childhood was wasted in boring classrooms, basically learning nothing, it makes me mad.

>> No.3213786

>>3211993
i agree to the nth. adjusting to uni was difficult for me, because there was no in class help. never actually DID anything during class. I RAGED at how backwards it is..

>> No.3213863

That would've been perfect, it's what i wanted to do when i got home anyways, just watch some tv.
I still would have watched Digimon first but hell yeah lecture tv, sleep with it, in school the next day applying it.

>> No.3214043

Its how my bio class goes. We get a list of questions we should be able to answer. Learn the info, then during lecture and lab it is all application