[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 56 KB, 962x711, 1275166645454.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3169441 No.3169441 [Reply] [Original]

Sup /sci/.
I've been wondering, does masturbation during the puberty peroid affect your height? I mean, if testosterone is the thing that blocks the height hormone in some way, and an orgasm is the best way to get rid of it, then shouldn't it make you grow taller? I've seen a programme about castrates on tv the other day, and they all seem to be really fucking tall, due to lack of the testosterone.

tl;dr, will fapping during puberty make one taller?
Picture unrelated

>> No.3169460

No, only growth hormone injections will make you taller.

And it's estrogen, not testosterone, that makes you stop growing. Testosterone converts to estrogen in fat tissue and seals up your growth plates.

>> No.3169481

>>3169460
So, even if someone tried to get his testosterone as low as possible, he won't get any taller than if he would be living a normal life, or a step further, going to the gym, exercising, not fapping at all etc?

>> No.3169526

>>3169441

First, orgasm releases testosterone from the testicles, so fapping increases the amount in your body. Second, higher testosterone means you will be taller. That is why women are on average shorter than men.

>they all seem to be really fucking tall, due to lack of the testosterone

Are you assuming this, because if so it's a correlation/causation logical fallacy.