[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1 KB, 200x200, night-sky-stars.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3160647 No.3160647 [Reply] [Original]

Tonight me and my friend were down in by the beach in Chicago. We were talking, looking at the sky. I noticed a light, that looked very high up, like small star, moving about in erratic ways. It seemed to be moving very fast. Sometimes it would circle about, sometimes it would move on direction then move in the complete opposite direction, with no real loop around involved in that.

As I watched I noticed another light, and as I looked about I counted 10 of these lights, all moving, some faster than others, some brighter, but all moving in ways that I would not expect a plane, rocket, or helicopter to move. I also don't think it would be one of those because of how high up they were.

Me an my friend watched this for about half an hour. Sometimes the lights moved faster, sometimes slower, sometimes they didn't seem to be moving much at all. They covered a decent portion of where we were looking. They all were relatively close together (in the same line of sight). I also found it weird that their paths crossed over stars (which never moved and we also visible).

Any idea on what this could be? I don't want to start an /x/ thread, but I wanted to see what /sci/ could suggest for what these lights were.

>> No.3160674
File: 8 KB, 239x209, alienguy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3160735

No one? I really am interested in what these might have been or if it was some atmospheric illusion on stars, or such, what the details behind that were.

>> No.3160761

>>3160674
/thread

>> No.3160765

Weather balloons.

>> No.3161399
File: 34 KB, 500x453, 1305641029078.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I see this all the time, however these lights that I see does not move around, they follow a straight line. ( brotip: satellites )

>> No.3161403

aliens fuking around

>> No.3161415

Insects, and their perceived height was due to being so small.

>> No.3161439

>because of how high up they were.

yes because you can judge distances for objects of unknown size and without references.

>> No.3161488

>>3160765
lol

>> No.3161500

I suggest you and your friend should get off the meth and stop going to /x/.

>> No.3161506

>>3160647
I don't know but it sounds cool. Once when I was looking at the sky I saw something moving. I think it was a satellite.

>> No.3161573

>>3160647
First of all, pics or it didn't happen.
If you're so impressed by this, next time get out your phone and do two things. First load up "Satellite AR" or "Google Sky" and have a look at potentially visible objects. Second, take pictures/video in as high a res as you can maybe even through a telescope.

>Also, not aliens
/sci/ doesn't and shouldn't (unless trolling in the nth "aliens exist" thread) suggest shit for things like this.
There is no way for us to know what you saw by the description you gave.
I know you think you have tried to give a good account but your description actually tells a third part fuck all about what you saw.

So, you need some evidence. You also need to look into Scientific Observation tell help you gather information that will be useful to others.

>> No.3161591
File: 42 KB, 750x600, sage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> watched this for about half an hour
> no videos

>> No.3161648

>>3160647

your a fucking idiot.... why the hell would you just think to take a super high res camera around with you always? (never mind a bloody telescope with a camera attachment) its actually a good description of what happened as i don't think anyone miss interpreted it, plus theres not much else you could say!
lastly there here to try and find some evidence... theres no wild claims here, just a description looking for any clues available.

its actually ironic that your comment trys to make the OP sound like an idiot, where in reality, its your comment that holds no value

why the fuck is there so many retard people in this world.... (before you say this comment has no value... its not meant too... just a rant!)

>> No.3161709

>>3161648
bro, dont you know that people who talk about aliens are all stupid and faggots?