[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 52 KB, 309x396, Stirling_Generator.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3067948 No.3067948 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /sci/. I want to hear your opinion on this. Sorry for huge block of text.

O.K. Here goes. Is it possible to run a Stirling generator from a simple and easily reversable exothermic reaction? I'm on my PS3 so I can't draw what is in my head but I'll try to explain. I'm thinking an alpha type engine with the hot cylinder in a small dome filled with the reagents producing the heat. This dome will drain into another, possibly connected to the cold cylinder, where the new reagents will form from the products of the first dome (endothurmic, keeping cool cylinder cool) and get pumped back using power from the generator. The reagents will get energy lost back from the environment through the domes. Is this possible? What scale would it be? Have I just gone full retard? I don't mind about output as long as it's positive.

tl;dr endless power possibility?

>> No.3068024
File: 70 KB, 400x300, notsure_iftroll.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3067948
Read "endless power" first.

Didn't take the rest too seriously.

Read "PS3" soon after.

Taken even less seriously.