[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 562 KB, 793x688, 1302989570014.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2956530 No.2956530 [Reply] [Original]

>6th grade math class
>teacher is an old women that tries to be a fun teacher
>spend all day playing "math games" like "trash ball" and a host of other things
>everyone loves her but we hardly spend any time actually learning
>on the first homework assignment I realize that I don't know how to do much of it
>start teaching myself the material out of the book because I hardly learn anything from her
>everyone else just copies or cheats their homework, most of the answers were in the back of the book.
>teacher gets mad at me for reading (the textbook) one day during one of the games, and scolds me in front of the whole class
>steal one of the books and learn the material at home
>standardized testing comes around
>I was one of only 13 kids in the entire grade that got commended on the math portion, and the only one to get a perfect score.
>at the end of the year she sent me to the school counselors and wrote letter to my parents suggesting that I could be autistic because "I don't see how someone who never paid attention could achieve such a score."

>> No.2956538

Hilarious and sad, especially her conclusion. Then again, we're only getting your side of the story and she likely has a point... I grew to love me some math, but what kind of 11 year old would rather get in trouble and then steal a textbook to teach themselves math, than fuck around and be social with other kids?

An aspie.

>> No.2956540

>>2956530
Oh fuck. I mad OP. I really am.

>> No.2956543

>Have a brand new 8th grade teacher
>She's a clown (seriously) during her spare time
>Advanced program, so we're fairly good kids
>Tries to be cool and give us "easy" assignments
>A bunch of bullshit work sheets that look like they came from 3rd Grade Remedial Derp: /jp/ Edition
>The only teacher whose subject I can't remember because we didn't learn fuck all

>> No.2956547

>>>at the end of the year she sent me to the school counselors and wrote letter to my parents suggesting that I could be autistic because "I don't see how someone who never paid attention could achieve such a score."

Did you tell your parents this same story? Because you should have, at least.

>> No.2956549

I hated my school so much
The people, the infrastructure, everything.
Ignorant teachers and dumb students, you got good grades depending on how much the professor liked you, didn't learn almost anything, wondering where i would be now if i had the proper teachers
only_in_italy.exe

>> No.2956551

I sincerely hope this is some nostalgia math venting thread, else fuck you lil kids go back to learning your multiplication tables.

>> No.2956555

>english class
>just discussing theology for some reason
>some guy mentions his favorite fable
>then mentions how the greek myths are badass too
>overenthusiastic girl: "but they're myths"
>"dude what"
>"the greek myths. they're myths"
>"your point?"
>"fables are real. you cant compare them to myths"
>guy doesnt even know what to say
>i help the dude out
>trying not to piss anyone off "well its up for debate. i mean, the greeks didnt think the 'greek myths' were myths. only time can tell with these things"
>she rages. hard. damns me to hell and talks about how evolution is wrong and a bunch of other stuff and how atheists like me are awful. she doesnt even know im an atheist, she's just assuming based off that one sentence
>angry at being verbally attacked, i defend myself
>i get in trouble

>> No.2956557

>New, tiny advanced placement charter school with a class of 75 students
>10th grade History teacher is a giant redneck
>Learn about European (British) History
>Alright then

>11th grade
>Same teacher, of course
>Learn about some more British History
>I guess this is pretty easy...

>12th grade
>Same
>Teacher
>Oh thank god it's World History this time
>NOPE. Britain is part of the world too!

I'm surprised any of us got a decent score at all on the standardized tests.

>> No.2956559
File: 25 KB, 485x323, autisum-struggle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's a good thing they caught it early. Life can be really difficult for autistic people who haven't been diagnosed.

>> No.2956564

>>2956555
those are girls for you.

>> No.2956566

>>2956530
>Be in 10th grade maths, attending a smaller campus of a school.
>Realize we're doing coin flip probability and memorizing basic geometrical formulas.
>Class is fucking retarded, bitches when ever they have to apply anything not directly related to the subject matter or use even a little bit of initiative.
>Ask friend what he's doing at the other campus, basic combinatorics and hybrid functions.
>I mad
>Ask teacher, he says something about a "natural progression" and mumbles some other stuff
>I mad.
Turned out alright, I learnt everything else outside of the class.

>> No.2956570

>>2956543
>high school algebra
>teacher gets really sick right before semester starts, has to leave.
>is replaced by physics teacher who is just trying to help out.
>she's never taught the course.
>she doesnt know any of the material.
>doesnt know how to teach it.
>learn nothing.
>grades based on weekly tests graded against the whole grade.
>out class gets slaughtered.
>my only grade lower than an A-. fucking rage still

>> No.2956573

>>2956557
You now realize that in western countries, world history IS European history. Usually a chapter on India/Asia thrown in (often combined) and some token references to Africa (in the contexts of Egypt and slave trading).

>> No.2956574

>>2956551
Ever been to this board before bro?
Pretty common thread.

>> No.2956581

>>2956573

We spent maybe a week on the Silk Road, and another on the Spanish conquest of South/Central America.
It would've been nice to learn something I haven't learned 10 fucking times already.

>> No.2956585

>>2956573
my high school had a year of US history, a year of european history, a year of asian/indian history, and an optional year of medieval history (the year of euro started in the 1400s)
meh. africa can get fucked i guess

>> No.2956587

>In 12th grade maths
>Get raped by abnormally large tortoise while walking home
>Sweet, it's over! Nope.jpg, get raped again, this time by jewish hobo. fuck jews.
>Still. Can't. Walk. Right. To. This. Day
it's aight though, i scored a goal on my term paper.

>> No.2956591

>english class
>first day
>teacher is some ancient asian lady
>put my feet up on another chair
>"dont do that young man. it offends the spirit of the chair. it was made to be sat on, not to have feet put on it. you disrupt its spiritual flow"
>knew from that day on it was going to be a shitty class

but it was kind of interesting when she told the story about how, when she was growing up on a plantation in Hawaii, some dude said something to her that pissed her off, so she got a knife, tackled him and slashed his chest a few times. she was fucking crazy ass

>> No.2956596
File: 140 KB, 600x600, 1301732399806.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Learning about Aboriginal history
EVERY
SINGLE
YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAARRRR

>> No.2956597

>>2956570
>high school algebra

what was so hard about this course again OP?
high school math is easy peasy shit, atleast by /sci/'s standard's, and you should feel bad for even attempting to blame your teacher for you incompetence

>> No.2956601

>>2956585
>implying there's any real/interesting recorded African history

>> No.2956608

>>2956597
not OP. but that was really my first year of algebra, so it more of less laid down the foundation for all the math i did after. she actually taught us multiplying and dividing inequalities completely wrong, admitted it to us, and told us she had no idea how to do it and we should just expect to get those questions wrong on the tests. that screwed up my inequality math for a while

also the class had no text book that i could learn from

>> No.2956609

>8th grade science class
>'Fun teacher'
>First day of class he sets his hand on fire.
>We burned sheets of paper with magnifying glasses.
>Threw eggs out windows.
>Made chemical bombs out of pop bottles on the basketball court.
>His lessons were basically wanton destruction and fire with a scientific point behind each of them.
>Learned so much it's not funny.
>I looked forward to his classes and his strange way off teaching.
>Found out a few years later he got fired when caught smoking weed in his car.
>Every_thing_makes_sense_now.jpg

>> No.2956616
File: 31 KB, 688x525, 1262529372872.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2956609
That sounds like the most badass teacher of all time.

>> No.2956623

>>2956530
consider this:
education is widely considered one of the easiest degrees around.
while other people are actually learning stuff, education majors take a bunch of BS classes and party, and then they teach kids, what they learned which is jack shit.

its really really pathetic. we would be so much better off both budget wise, and education wise if we just hired a bunch of minimum wage babysitters and had everyone learn from Khan academy.

>> No.2956630
File: 287 KB, 480x360, bravosir.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2956609
>mfw carl sagan found out he was terminally ill he faked his death, changed his identity and became a teacher to pass on his love of science to the next generation

>> No.2956632

>>2956616
He really was. It hurt a bit when I realized that future generations would not know his genius.

>> No.2956635

>after chem lab
>sink full of soapy water and stuff to be cleaned
>teacher gets started. puts her hands in
>pulls them out screaming
>somehow she hit a knife on the way down and cut off her little finger on her left hand
>that was an interesting day

>> No.2956637

>>2956555
>>2956557
>>2956591
>>2956596

let's try and keep the stories math and science related guys.

>> No.2956638
File: 58 KB, 245x349, 1300188485964.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2956630

>> No.2956641
File: 293 KB, 512x384, brock really mad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Oceanography 1
>group study on how to tell world times from latitudes or something
>my calculations are always slightly off
>cute asian girl in my section always helps me out
>exam day
>test takes forever, everybody is exhausted
>prof calls me up the next week just before class
>"anon i was impressed that your values are all pinpoint accurate on all the answers, except your latitudes/longitudes are all reversed. you failed"

fucking asians

>> No.2956645

>11th grade chemistry class
>Teacher is a batty middle aged woman who seems afraid of her own shadow. Would come to realize why.
>She trys to go through the course, I'm mostly reading the textbook myself pondering the weird symbols and wanting to learn some cool shit.
>ghetto kids in classroom harass, poke fun at, and generally disrespect the teacher.
>One episode teacher was writing stuff on the board, students would take out rubber beaker stoppers and throw them at the board and her.
>sheepishly she turns around, winces/tsk-tsk's them, returns to writing on the board only to have them throw more.
>hoodrat kids bag up weed in the classroom, even some deals.

She noticed my interest in the class and tried setting up an email contact with me to send coursework etc. but it never materialized. Only formula I remember was PV=NRT and I don't know what the letters stand for. Next year I transferred and the counselor was amazed that I had an A on my transcript in chemistry. I still today wonder what would of happened if I got around to contacting the teacher via email. I fantasize that she would of lured me into her home for private tutoring and molest me.

>> No.2956652

>>2956641
If your teacher recognized that you did everything correctly and understood all the concepts, but failed you for incorrect notation, he's a failure of a teacher. Mark off points? Sure. But give partial credit and/or stop penalizing the same consistent mistake.

>> No.2956671

>>2956538
u jelly?

also celibate master race

fucking uncivilized savage beast you are

>> No.2956685

>>2956645
how do you still not know what pV=nRT stands for?

>> No.2956688

>>2956530
OP THERE'S NO FUCKING WAY THAT'S TRUE

WHAT

>> No.2956691

>>2956645
Was she hot?

>> No.2956696

>Kid in my class picks on timid teacher for 3 years in a row
>Teacher finally snaps and starts bashing him over the head with a weight screaming "PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE"
>Ends up on news

>> No.2956704
File: 155 KB, 2000x1945, 1297840292512.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2956652
sort of related
>need to find expression for artanh(x) in terms of the natural logarithm on exam
>this should be easy
y=artanh(x) therefore x = tanh(y), solve for y.
>feeling pretty confident about my answer
>get test back 2 weeks later
>zero
>wrote down tan(y) wrong
>mfw

>> No.2956706

>First assignment tenth grade English class.
>It's a thesis or some retarded shit.
>I have no idea what that word means.
>It was just a test to see where everyone was at, we had no instruction.
>Teacher gives me a 50% on first essay and gives no feedback at all.
>Ignores me in class.
>Hate my life.
>Become drug dealer.
>Drop out in Grade 12.
>Go back one year later for one more shot.
>Make in into university.
>Work my ass off.
>Honours economics and maths student, I did pretty well in english too.

>> No.2956707

>>2956685
No, but student-teacher fantasies are hot.
>>2956691
Shows you how bad the situation was. On top of that, I don't use it, so it got demoted to shit-tier memory.

>> No.2956708

>>2956704
tanh(y) in terms of e I should add

>> No.2956710
File: 6 KB, 225x225, aut..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Being one of only two people to even pass in my math class

>> No.2956714

>>2956707
I got molested by my music teacher when she invited me to her house for extra curricular. True story.

>> No.2956716
File: 192 KB, 300x300, frodo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>in 7th grade
>There's 3 sections of 7th graders 2 have home room teachers and the third group are taught by 6 different teachers over the course of the week (due to budget cuts)
>I'm in that class, it also has all the trouble makers but boys and girls but supposedly was mad "at random"
>we harass this one teacher named "Mr. Brown"
>One day a kid named Zaban whips a skipping rope at Mr. Brown and he turns around red as can be angry as fuck and demands to know who did it, no one snitches.
>Next day he comes in class 10 minutes after the national anthem and smells terrible (it was alcohol and I didn't know at the time)
>he hasn't shaved and is wearing the same clothes from the day before and his clothes look dirty (after one day)
>He drinks from a brown bag spasmodically between the "lesson"
>after we get passed on to the next class the teacher sees him and gets the principal
>mr. brown doesn't get fired
>mr. brown eventually quits the job in November
>mr. brown is on the news for violently beating a prostitute and brandishing a gun in public
>mfw i see the news

>> No.2956717
File: 378 KB, 381x485, 03624789.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>8 years old
>class has to make the solar system using paper mache and balloons
>divided into groups of four, each four does a planet, my group must creat a model of Mars
>Make a God-Tier Mars Model, leave the paper mache to dry, will paint it the next day.
>Next day get to class, about to start work on solar system again. Our Model has gone missing, cant find it anywhere.
>Turns out some retard groups of Jocks took it and are painting it as Jupiter. Explain to them that they are retards as Mars is now bigger than Jupiter. They refuse to swap and lie and claim its their model.
>We complain, teacher does nothing
>We are forced to paint the Jupiter as Mars. The jocks did such a shit-tier job on the Paper Mache also, looks like a retard did it, all lumpy and shit
>Final Solar System looks great with all the planets together, except obvious to everyone in the class is that Mars is huge and Jupiter tiny.
>FUCKEN MORONS. TEACHER IS ALSO A FUCKEN MORON.
>mwf

>> No.2956721

>>2956714
that's so hot. Please, details.

>> No.2956723

>>2956645

IDEAL GAS EQUATION NOOB

>> No.2956742

>>2956721
She asked me to come over to her house to record her singing and stuff for a music technology thing, when we were talking about what we were going to do when I got there she just stared at me and started kissing me then I pussied out and left sorry man she wasn't good looking she was trying to take advantage of a vulnerable young man

>> No.2956789
File: 2.19 MB, 1600x1200, 1294982688832.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2956530
I know that feel bro
>same situation in fifth grade
>weeks of back and forth between myself and teacher
>eventually walk to office and ask principal if I can go in the geek class and just read shit
>she approves
>me and eight other kids, three teachers, in a computer lab
>finish assignments days early
>spend entire days dicking around on SimCity2000 and Warcraft II
Everything turned out better than expected.

>> No.2956836

>>2956623

Admittedly I'm from NZ so it might be different here than wherever you are from but I personally found my teaching papers a lot harder than my maths papers and I did significantly worse in them.

>> No.2956840

>physics class
>old guy teaching it, a little bit odd but nice enough
>had a selection of amusing jokes for every lesson relating to what we were doing
>one lesson he's sitting on a table at the front of the class and talking and somehow one of his balls slips out of his trousers
>people notice and start laughing a bit
>he suddenly notices, stop talking mid sentence and run out of the class
> principle came in and told anyone who'd taken pictures on thier phone to delete them
>WHAT?
>next lesson he apologises and laughs it off

seriously that was odd. i felt sorry for him because he was a nice guy.

>> No.2956849

>High school
>Must be present 7 hours/day
>Spend the majority of the time doing nothing

This is everywhere in America unless you're in a highly selective private school with small classes or are homeschooled.

>> No.2956857

>High school
>Only one of my 3 friends to do the homework for science
>Everyone else copy's mine
>Get marks back
>My score lower than my friends

>Me: WTF why do I have a lower mark?
>Teacher: you didn't spend as much time on it as the others
>LOLWTFBBQ

>> No.2956876
File: 43 KB, 600x450, DM339-small.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Physics classes
>Didn't know anyone from that class
>They kept rearranging the rooms, but they told you in the previous class where the next class will be held
>Missed a class half-way through the year
>Never saw that class again; kept arranging for the classes to be held in a 'secret location' (i.e. reception didn't know where the fuck they went either)
>Went to teacher and complained
>"It's your job to find out where the class is being held"
>"HOW THE FUCK DO I DO THAT"
>she wouldn't even tell me where the next class was, herself
Stuck-up bitches; I quit those classes. What they did was of no worth anyway. Like I want to play around with bubbles and watch videos for an hour, instead of learning the syllabus...

>> No.2956895

>>2956849
I actually got a decent education. Would've been better if I applied myself, but that's not their fault. UpstateNYfag, by the way

>> No.2956902
File: 139 KB, 720x488, 1298572436356.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2956596
Learning about World War 2 in History classes
EVERY
SINGLE
YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAARRR

>> No.2956959

>American high school
>Bomb IB Bio (IB is an "advanced" curriculum) for never doing homework
>Get put in college prep chem, fair enough.
>Nomenclature considered too advanced
>CO = carbon oxide, CO2 = carbon oxide
>WTFFFRAGE
>Have to drop chem in college because the material requires a prior basic grasp of concepts I have never been introduced to.

That's actually one of the less depressing things that happened in that HS class

>> No.2956991

8th grade science:

Teacher: "So, as you can see, carbon dioxide is made of 2 oxygen and one carbon with double bonds between them. They both share electrons so their valence shell is filled"

Me: "So how does carbon monoxide work?"

*Teacher stares blankly at me and the board for several minutes*

"I don't know"

>> No.2957004

>>2956959
Hell, an example from that class.
>Class is isolating hydrogen from HCl using zinc.
>Everything done step-by step from a sheet
>We light the collection jars at the end of the experiment
>When it's done, I hold a lit splint over the water we bubbled hydrogen through.
>Girl:"How are you lighting those bubbles?"
>Me: "What? It's still hydrogen, it's just not in the jar. This is where it came from."
>Her: "Naw hydrogen just explodes like that?"
>Me: "YES. Just like in the jar, or the goddamned Hindenburg."
>Her: "What's the Hindenburg"
>WHATTHEFUCKNORAGEMODEENGAGED YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY BE THIS CLUELESS AND MANAGE TO BREATHE

>> No.2957013

>>2957004
that day you realized you would never lose your virginity

>> No.2957017

11th grade physics in Australia. Learning how to add vectors. (I learnt about it in math C aswell). Me, my friend, and 1 other kid understand straight away. Soon after, my other friends get it with our help. Spend 1hr teaching the other retards how to add vectors. Teacher ignores the smarter kids the rest of the time. -_-

>> No.2957022

>Sophomore Geometry
>Teachers is kind of a smaller, less assertive guy
>Teaches for most of the class, gives us long homework assignments.
>Everyone in the class but me and like 2 other guys give him shit
>He never reacts or disciplines anyone.
>I'm the only one to get an 'A' in his class.
>When I pass the ISATs with advanced, (1 out of 3 in the class, guess which 2 guys also got advanced.) everyone asks me how I did it with Mr. ____ teaching me.
>"Mr. _____ teaches great, it's not his fault you fuckwits don't pay attention."

>> No.2957028

>>2957017
Would you rather him pander to the top of the class and have the stupid kids fail, whereas you're going to do great anyway?

Being smart does not entitle you to receive more education than someone who's dumber than you but wants to learn just as much.

If they're the type that doesn't want to learn though, fuck 'em.

>> No.2957036

>>2956652
You're a moron. It's Oceanography, not math.
The numbers are more important than the actual calculations, and therefore he deserves to fail.

>> No.2957045
File: 65 KB, 120x119, 1297225589959.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>12th grade english,this girl in my class reads aloud >accepted to same pretty good university I get into
>opens her mouth, cant pronounce a word longer >than two syllables, and even needs help with >because. This is a white chick no foreigner esl >kid who just learned english
>MFW when i realized she only got into a good >school because she is a member of every >fucking club and afterschool program while only >being able to read at a 5th grade level
>So much rage

>> No.2957055

>>2957013
Lol no, plenty of intelligent women out there. None of them were in that class though.

>> No.2957057

>>2956959
I got an even better story for everyone in this thread:
>work my ass off
>do poorly
>don't blame my teacher like a goddamn moron

>> No.2957080
File: 21 KB, 438x400, o_rly.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>54th grade class
>class is split between 4th & 5th grade
>Teacher wont let me answer "hard" maths questions she asks the 5th grade
>Gives me colouring to do instead
>At parents evening she tells my parents that I dont colour inside the line properly and that I struggle a great deal with the maths
>mfw I have just achieved a distinction in a Mathematics Msc

>> No.2957084

>>2957057
I'm not blaming anyone. I would have researched those things on my own if i wasn't so lazy. Hell I could have done my homework in Bio and not been in the shit class to begin with. The main point of the story is that the class was a joke, and was called "college prep", not that I'm not responsible for my failures.

>> No.2957093

>start at a new school
>have some crazy psycho bitch as my maths teacher
>i'm accelerated a year ahead so i have to teach myself
>decide to move myself out of the class into the extension 2 year 12 class
>see the head of maths abotu it
>he's like, aw yeah hell cool go for it brah
>go off to the top class
>end of term report from my old teacher: "ANON DOES NOT HAVE THE THOROUGH GRASP OF EVEN BASIC MATHEMATICS THAT IS REQUIRED TO PASS THE EXTENSION 2 COURSE"
>come second in the entire state for ext 2 in the HSC

>rub it in her face with myspeech and the headmaster gets pissed at me

i don't give a fuck

>> No.2957097

>Year 12 chemistry in Australia
>Teacher telling us about spdf electron orbitals etc
>someone makes some comment along the lines of;
>"Oh God not this stuff"
>mfw the teacher goes on a 20 minute atheist rant and even though I agree with him he looks like a major douche

we also made the same teacher cry in year 9

>> No.2957103

>>2957084
>Have to drop chem in college because the material requires a prior basic grasp of concepts
>not blaming anyone
Yeah, shut up. All college campuses have an intro-level EVERYTHING.

>> No.2957120

>>2957055
he's saying you're never going to get laid because you were sperging over someone not knowing what the hindenberg was

>> No.2957121
File: 416 KB, 700x499, holyshitdude.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>12th grade german school
>take an advanced mathe course
>teacher is an old woman, small but like a dragon
>cant get along with her
>mfw when my grade drops greatly despite writing all tests with the best grades

>> No.2957131
File: 158 KB, 455x610, 1264603240725.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have no fucking clue how your American grade system works but here's a little story for you.

> be 8 and in class
> asshole of a teacher who everyone hates has to take a phone call
> friend of mine draws a stick figure surrounded by cocks on the blackboard, writes the teacher's name above it
> teacher comes back, sees it and flips the fuck out, he demands to know who did it or everyone will have to stay until someone confesses
> everyone knows who did it but would rather spend all day inside than betray a friend
> the kid who drew on the board doesn't want the entire class to suffer so he stands up and says 'it was me'
> guy next to me who didn't do anything stands up as well, says 'no, it was me'
> one by one another classmate stands up and says the same thing
> in the end every fucking one is standing
> teacher silently leaves the classroom, doesn't come back
> mfw during this entire event

>> No.2957142

so...much...rage

>> No.2957149

>>2957131
>8 years old
>drawing dicks
>mfw

>> No.2957153

>dumb as fuck physics teacher keeps copying the text from the text book all 15 year old students in the class have
>I keep telling her the answers before she has even finished copying the exercices that we all can read from our books, and that she can't solve without the teacher book, from which she will copy the answers into the board
>she gets mad, I reply
>my parents, me, my teacher and the principal in a meeting with the conclusion that I'm going to have a lot of trouble in my life because I can't think before speaking
>my father gets mad, laughs at their pathetic inferior life forms, asks principal if it is true that the retard teacher is her nephew. It was. She is now dead of nose cancer (WTF?)
>principal was right, I have a lot of problems in my life because I can't think before I speak.
>I'm a successful lawyer. WTF???

>> No.2957157

>>2956840
> one of his balls slips out of his trousers

How the fuck does that happen? Did his balls reach down past his ankles?

>> No.2957159
File: 106 KB, 640x480, Gallo_de_pelea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2957149
>a stick figure surrounded by cocks
>cocks

>> No.2957188

>>2957131
I broke the damn.

>> No.2957200
File: 3 KB, 118x126, 1278917203950.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>8th grade science
>Hopped up on 4 different psych meds
>Spent most of the year in a mental hospital
>"Yeah she'll never pass"
>Go to science class one day out of the whole year to take the huge important "if you fail this you're being held behind" tests
>Get 99 percent, highest grade in class
>mfw

>> No.2957250

>>2957153
>I keep telling her the answers before she has even finished copying the exercices that we all can read from our books

god i hate faggots like you, nobody cares that you already "know everything"

>> No.2957254

OP is an underageb& faggot, saging and reporting

>> No.2957270

>>2957254
>implying OP is talking about the present

>> No.2957271

>>2957250
that's not it... was just trying to show her that it was useless to just copy the exercices into the board and then copy the fucking solution... physics should be more than memorizing a formula and then applying it to some problems and nobody explaining what's the use of it all... just made it obvious that she completelly sucked as a teacher and this is why she got mad; I wanted to learn, that's all... that's what this thread is about... wanting to learn and being frustrated by a retard "teacher"; btw I hate clever students who show off like this too, but that was not what I was doing

>> No.2957273

>>2957270

>>IMPLYING HE ISN'T, I REPORTED YOUR POST ALSO

>> No.2957285

>>2957273
...Why? I'm 19, broski. Someone needs to chillax.

>> No.2957286

>>2957131
I went to all boys grammar school and only a few close friends let alone the whole class would of shown that sort of camaraderie.

>Year 8 maths taught by crazy bitch who ended up leaving.
>Sad the standard is so low.
>A week's lessons could be taught in 1 but due to disruption we move a retard pace
>Lose 1 mark every test for not showing working for pre high school level maths even though it only takes glancing at the question to solve it.
>Continue not showing working and scoring ''29''/30 anyway in protest

>> No.2957288

>a few year's back I'm working as a TA
>we're doing the old combustion experiment where you stick a smouldering splint into a test tube full of nitrogen then test tube full of oxygen
>then surprise surprise the one in then oxygen tube recatchs(is that even a word?) fire thus leading on to "fires need oxygen"
>except when the kid's do it. it dosn't ... wait what ?
>me: they must have spent too long with the bung off here let me have a go
>same thing happens. how is this even?
>me:miss are you sure theirs oxygen in these tubes?
>miss:sticks the bung back in the tube yea see theirs oxygen in the air
>aggggg (OK brain, lets not lose our temper just yet she knows some science this we can work with)
>me:yes but not enough. think about it when you blow a candle out it doesn't burst back into flames
>miss:oh... the book said it'd work tho...
>me: really? it really said that?
>I look in the book sure enough that's what it said.
>two test-tubes full of air in one the splint go's out in the outer it catches fire
>"I MAD" the book go's out the window (the kid's think this is hilarious)

epilogue
I got told off but we got less retarded textbooks
so in the end everythingwentbetterthan expected.jpg

>> No.2957296

>>2957285

reported

>> No.2957297

>be in second grade
>be fucking amazing at math
>never get to participate in math games
>instead do third grade math
>everyone was so jelly

>> No.2957298

>>2957296
reported this post for a false report

>> No.2957304

>>2957298
Thanks, anon. More amusing school stories.
>Christian private school
>Talking about "the evolution of flight in birds" and citing excellent sources
>"Isn't God great for creating this"
>Raise my hand
>"I thought you guys didn't believe in evolution."
>Kicked out two weeks later for making out with the principal's daughter
>worth it

>> No.2957311

>8th grade science
>tie-dye project in the name of chemistry
>swishing t-shirts around in dilute NaOH solution so as to make the dyes set properly
>me: should we be wearing gloves or anything
>teacher: no, you'll be fine
>all of us end up with raw red skin on our hands

>> No.2957319

>>2957254
y so mad

>> No.2957325

>3rd grade class
>learning multiplication and teacher has a quiz on it daily
>we progress with each perfect score
>Teacher demands we write a certain way with out numbers
>I never made the four look like this one: 4
>Never got passed multiplications of 4 because of this
>She thinks I'm full blown retard
>Miss only 2 questions on the final and ask to join gate (Similar to honors but only for mathematics)

>> No.2957327

>8th grade math
>substitute teacher
>everyone fucks about throwing stuff etc while he writes on the board. Hes written derivation 101.
>Girl 'we havent covered this yet'
>he flips out, calling everyone retarted.
>he is later fired.

>> No.2957339
File: 6 KB, 484x453, 4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2957325
Just curious, do you make the 4s that look kind of squarish? Drawing an example. I've always done them like that and it trips me up when I play Brain Age. Never got penalized for it though. Your teacher sounds like a real bitch.

>> No.2957342
File: 52 KB, 630x630, Dlk6T.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>year 12 physics class in australia NSW (elite private school)
>physics teacher looks like a cool /b/ro
>shows us videos frequently, brings pizza and mcdonalds and shit (for him to eat)
>realise he is a fucking waste of time teacher and that i am learning nothing from him (he was a shit teacher)
>whole class circlejerking about, using the term "Gedanken" as a greeting to each other
>learn all the fucking content by myself and even up to a 2nd year university level physics.
>do an assessment
>do really badly because i didn't have mindless little details like units or a dot point on my graph was slightly off
>all my theory and calculations were correct on the other hand.

i fucking hated that class and the teacher. they're a waste of fucking time and a god damn embarrassment. he is a disgrace.

>> No.2957364

>take home economics course to pad out my credits
>teacher is an old senile woman who seems to be permanently stuck in menopause at 70.

Home economics at my school was basically just "we cook things"

So we'd cook once a week, the rest of the week was going over how to cook that week's food.

We'd learn how to cook that week's food by doing crossword puzzles, and watching a video then filling in blanks on a sheet that were just sentences copied verbatim from the video. Sometimes the videos weren't even related to cooking, and sometimes we would watch the same videos over again.

The day before we had to cook, she would gather ingredients up and cook the meal in front of us to show us how it was done, and this was one of the only times in her class that I'd ever felt like I was learning anything. The next day we'd cook our food, and she would grade us - fairly harshly - on how well we made it. This was the only other time I felt like I'd learned something in her class.

>> No.2957368

>>2957364
I keep saying cooked, I really should say "baked". We almost never actually cooked real meals. Nothing with meat, ever. No potatoes, no vegetables. We did cook eggs once, though. But mostly only cookies, cakes, and so on.

Near the end of the class, she announces that the next two months are going to be spent not cooking, and instead studying every day for the food safe certificate test, and handed out a small booklet with all the info we're supposed to study from. At this point I am quite frankly sick and tired of her class, and with no cooking being done, figure I'll just take the hit to my grade for not doing the shitty crossword puzzles that make up 40% of the grade [It's near the end of the year, so I've already done most of them anyways] and just skip her class [my friend joins me].

For the next two months, my friend and I play halo co-op, or warhammer, or just hang out, instead of going to her class.

A week before the food safe test, I take out the booklet she had given me and studied it every day that week. My friend did the same. We both came in on the day of the test and got a glare from her, but I guess she figured we'd fucking bomb it anyways.

My friend and I were the only two people to score 100% on the test. Very few of the other people in the class scored above 80%. The average score was below 60%.

Felt like a boss.

>> No.2957372

>>2957342
You are a faggot. You didn't learn what he wanted you to learn, and thus failed. I have done it, it sucks, but blaming the teacher for you sucking cock is lame, and you sohuld feel lame. Also 2nd year 'university level' physics is piss easy, it's basically HS physics with calculus derivations of some of the concepts.

>> No.2957380

>>2957372
fuck you, you have no idea how shit the class was. he made a half-arsed attempt to teach us. there was just me, an asian and another guy who did our own work to try

>> No.2957388

>>2956555
interestingly (irrelevantly too), the greeks did know that their myths were myths. or rather, some did, at some times. mythos vs logos. which is not to say that they didn't believe them exactly, but that they held them in their minds in a different way. interesting, because we hold our myths that way too, even in science. but it's impossible to tell even about ourselves which of our beliefs are myths.

>> No.2957391

>>2957288
just to be clear, you literally tossed the book out the window, right?

because if so, oh my lawd

>> No.2957403

>>2956895
>>2956849
there are some exceptions, either randomly (good institutions created by caring people before you were born) or in rich suburbs. but basically this is true. it's pathetic.

>> No.2957427

>>2957298
reported this post for excessive reporting

>> No.2957439

>>2957427
Reported for reporting a report about excessive reporting

>> No.2957445

I truly pray for the day when people recognize that most clinical psychology is a pseudo-scientific tool meant to control the population through a soft eugenics paradigm.

You know this shit isn't reproducible. A new disorder comes out every 10 years you fools. Last decade it was ADHD and ritalin. Give it a rest.

>> No.2957451

>>2957445
>uses large words with truncated sentances to sound smart on 4chan
> is actually a pretentious faggot

>> No.2957538

>>2957451
Is an annoying cunt who can't rephrase that with small words. Has dictionary butthurt.

Gauntlet thrown.

>> No.2957543

>>2957445
I agree with your conclusion, but that new disorders would pop up does not seem a priori nonsense.

We find new diseases all the time too.

>> No.2957921

I like how high achievement without effort (or the appearance of it, since you did put in effort but the teacher was just too stupid to realize) is considered a telling factor that your child may be autistic.

"Does your child do well on tests with seemingly less effort than other children? he may be autistic!"

>> No.2957970

>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445
>>2957445

THIS

psychology =/= science
AT ALL

>> No.2957980

Sure. Psychology is not a science like statistics is not a science.

Wash your face out with soap, dude.

Psychology has come a long way from the days of "Tell me about your mother's vagina."

>> No.2957989

>go to terrible high school in the worst part of a bad city in northern england
>quite enjoy it, thankfully i'm good at football so I don't get bullied constantly like everyone else who's remotely intelligent
>sat in chemistry lesson in year 10 (aged 15 or so)
>really good teacher, on his first teaching job. proper motivated guy, very intelligent, always up for some debate.
>starts explaining the basic safety procedures when working with chemicals
>we're working with magnesium
>teacher is handing out magnesium and ensuring everyone is doing thigns safely
>he drops a bit of magnesium in the water to display the reaction
>everyone watches and is impressed
>really stupid kid sat at the back decides to sneak up to the teachers desk and steal the magnesium when he's outside breaking up a fight
>we all tell him how retarded he is, even the other stupid kids tell him to stop
>clenches it in his fist and dunks it in the water
>burns his hand horribly
>i instinctively throw water on it to stop the burning
>burns all the way through his hand
>has to get his hand amputated

His idiot parents tried to sue the teacher so we all said it was the kids fault, even his friends. A combination of the most retarded and most entertaining thing I've ever seen.

>> No.2958002

>>2957989
magnesium doesn't ignite in water you retard, but you may be thinking of sodium metal, which does, and is a common demo in high school chem.

>> No.2958011

>>2958002

Fuck off, it was 14 years ago. I never paid much attention to it anyway, but I was fairly sure it was magnesium.

Thanks for clearing that up for me though, champ.

>> No.2958025

>Cheat my way through 5th grade math.
>Don't even remember what we learned in 5th grade math.
Proves 5th grade math is pointless.

>> No.2958037

>>2957970
Note how the post you're referring to talks about "clinical psychology", not psychology in general.

Most clinical psychologists haven't been given decent scientific training, nor do they have the desire to do research. They most likely became clinical psychs because they wish to help people and because it interests them.

To say psychology is not science is like saying neuroscience is not science.

tl;dr : saying psychology is not science because of clinical psychology = strawman

>> No.2958040

>>2956530
You will soon realize that about a quarter of public teachers are complete imbeciles, half just do the bare minimum that their principals / school board requires, and the last fourth actually give a shit and out of them only half know how to teach well.

You happened to get a complete imbecile. You will get many more. I suggest writing a letter to said school counselor and forward it to the principal identifying the problem with the teacher with your parents signing off on it.

>> No.2958059

>Be in high school, last year
>Spend two months learning fucking systems of linear equations with Gauss elimination method
I mean, seriously. Not even derivatives. We spent two fucking months on that, and it must be the easiest shit in maths.

>> No.2958064

>11th grade maths
>teacher is a nutjob, always goes on about how he adores maths and everything about it
>ask him who his favourite mathematician is
>"I don't know any mathematicians"

>1 week later
> ask him who figured out what Pi is
>he says he doesn't know but believes Allah gave us it

>mfw

>> No.2958066

>>2957445
I like you. You make the distinction between clinical psychology and the real science part of it.

>> No.2958079

>>2957989
>he thinks magnesium could do this
laughinggirls.jpg

>> No.2958090

Thus, I homeschool my kids

>> No.2958091

>>2957989
Bradford?

>> No.2958104

I'm glad my highschool's honors/AP classes are actually worth a damn. Sounds like most other school are shitty.

>> No.2958125
File: 1017 KB, 200x200, 1276023226211.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>1.-9. grades a generic woman teacher, that is all i remember besides talking to my deskmate, writing everything down from the chalkboard without thinking, hide failed works from parents and nearly end the classes at summer
>10. grade we have an old man, a joke, a pervert, noone understands him and has very bad grades
>i understand absolutly fucking everything, while others write i just sit and obtain all that cool knowledge and solve shit noone else can infront of the class, all results are 5(A's)
>my face when

>> No.2958147
File: 165 KB, 400x400, 1280840500444.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

also
>pretty random results, never study at home or write stuff but almost only one in class to listen what teachers say, argue with them and show my natural talent of generic knowledge learned through internet, TV and some books
>we have a subject called 'learning to study', it talks about basic emotions, self strickness etc and i feel sickened how obvious all the things are that we 'learn' and how everyone in the class says its the best subject and always write everything down with intrest. i have not learned a single thing from about 50 hours of class, and my rage is multiplyed by the teachers implications and reactions when he sees me not writing and tries to relate my actions with current subjects like 'derp he is a great example of sabotaging a workplace'
>my face when

>> No.2958160
File: 24 KB, 500x712, 1161[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2956555

>angry at being verbally attacked, i defend myself
>i defend myself

>> No.2958161

Educational institutions are jokes.

>> No.2958162

>>2958147
I took notes but never studied them. I went all 4 years of HS not studying for test, besides shit like spanish vocab or parts of neuron quizzes etc.
I came out with like a 4.1 gpa and I still wonder how I managed to do that walking into test w/o studying for them.

>> No.2958171

Most elementary school teachers don't really know much about education or the subjects they "teach." They just want to work with kids so they got the job.

>> No.2958173

>>2958162
i know how you feel, and the bad part is noone knows it, and with some effort we could have gone pure perfect scores while we were on par with others while the others studyed/cheated

>> No.2958201

>>2958173
That to, plus studying would have reduced some of the stress from worrying about tests that I didn't study for, but I couldn't get myself to do it.

>> No.2958203

>>2958025
math in grades 3-6 is pretty much pointless, I took prealgebra in 4th grade as a self study and algebra in 5th, gave no fucks in actual math class, which reminds me
>5th and 6th grade
>fairly shitty private school
>math teacher is bank teller irl, only teaching for two years to get the tuition discount for his daughter
>complete tool who does whatever he can to not get in trouble for not teaching the material.
>writes answers for tests on the board day before test and lets kids use open notes on the test
>blow off the shitty worksheets for homework
>fill in random numbers in the answer boxes right before he checks to see if i have work done
>he catches on one day
>looks through all my past work
>trouble with principal
>have to retake prealgebra in 7th grade
>my 3 year advancement in math turns into a 1 year advantage by 8th grade
>atomicrage.jpg

>> No.2958224
File: 3 KB, 209x215, 1272933202352.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2956573
>>2956581
My high school only required one history, World History. It was basically started out as European middle ages but quickly jumped to American history

>mfw

>> No.2958296
File: 50 KB, 520x534, cool-story-bro_123079[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2956902

>mfw this shit is in television

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53MZGsjkU5I

>> No.2958343

ITT: The American eduation system is fucking retarded.

Oh wait we already knew this.

>> No.2958373

>>2956609
Fuck yes, every now and again an awesome chemistry teacher that just likes blowing shit up comes along.
We had one for a year, he didn't smoke weed, but he did smoke like a japanese salaryman, in class, which of course wasn't on.
He tell us to watch out for any other teachers coming so he could hide the cigarette.
He probably got caugh a few times, but it got over looked, because his class consistantly got higher grades.
Fuck, my grammer school had awesome teachers.

>> No.2958391

>>2958203
So you got punished for cheating.
Serves you right.
Hope you're more honest nowadays

>> No.2958455

>3rd grade
>"Which star is closest to the earth? Work in groups, figure it out."
>be a natural at astronomy... because I had a book on it at home.
>everyone else has clearly failed to grasp the concept of what a star is. "It's just those dots on the sky at night"
>I say it's the sun
>group doesn't believe me
>I make a stand, I tell group to fuck off
>I am forever an outcast
>no-one gets the answer right
>teacher asks me, clearly seeing how smug I am looking
>smugly answer the sun
>I am correct, everyone hates me.

>> No.2958463

>7th grade Geometry
>GATE advanced placement program
>Still spending like a whole fucking month on how to measure angles with a protractor
>Stop giving a shit and just scribble in my notebook
>Not even drawings, just scribbles to make it look like I'm taking the mandatory notes
>Teacher catches on one day and yells at me in front of the class about how I'm not learning anyway
>Ace his test
>Fucks Given: 0

>> No.2958485

>>2956530

I commend you, Anon.

School math is a cancer.

>> No.2958511

>>2958455
>teacher gives 10 points to gryffindor

okay hermione

>> No.2958537

>12th Year AP Chem Class
>Learn nothing, teacher's a fuckin redneck bitch who talks more about her taxidermy collection (on the wall) than teaches about electron orbitals
>Most memorable day in class was when I told teacher "This class is shit."
>Teacher goes in back room, rest of class has fun
>I put Tim and Eric on the projector, and class lols.

>> No.2958548

>>2958537
And then you drew penises on the blackboard, right?

>> No.2958560

>>2958548

EW NASTY!!!!

I think the only reason she just didn't care at that point was because the class size was about 7 people, and she knew she was bullshit.

>> No.2958568
File: 17 KB, 364x500, 1302117670654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>9th grade
>really awesome advance placement biology teacher
>teaches so fluently, but fun
>a cool guy, played football in college, tore his ACL, so decided to use his education major instead of play in the pros
>our class goes from a bunch of misfits to an actually cohesive unit
>70% of us get 4s or 5s, 20% get 3s
>recommend to all our friends to take this guys class
>teacher realizes he wants to make more money and ditches his class mid-semester to take on an administrative position
>entire new class has only two 5s out of 74 kids (ten 4s)
feels batman

>> No.2958571

>>2958511
It's sad, there were no rewards. :(

No success goes unpunished.

>> No.2958575
File: 61 KB, 720x540, 38555_145024462.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>grad school
>neuroscience professor discusses tracts, drops names of the red nucleus, ideomotor states, vestibular ocular reflex, over three of 24 lectures, never discusses them again
>can't find any detail on those in the text book
>spend hours doing research in the medical library to systematize the information
>schoolmates study notes, ask me why I'm looking at all that other stuff
>6 hr final, 10 sections, 1 section on subcortical tracts with emphasis on red nucleus, 1 section on vestibular reflexes with emphasis on VOR, 1 section on motor and ideomotor apraxias
>final mean grade 61, median grade 52, low grade 30; 1/3 of the class fails the final
>high grade 88
>standing at the score list labeled with SS numbers only
>frustrated student remarks "what fuckhead broke the curve?"
>mfw

>> No.2958589

>religious education topic satanism
>started with pen & paper rpgs this time
>could tell everything about summoning demons, pentagramms, magic and stuff
>best topic ever

>> No.2958592

>>2958575
>grading on a curve
*Sigh*. Americans and their baby-mode education

>> No.2958623

>>2958592
If your tests aren't curved then they are too easy son.

>> No.2958629

8th grade math
>Teacher hates the school and is planning on quitting after that year, and also gets diagnosed with cancer and like 2 years to live half way through the year, also pissed off because the school already had a replacement planned for her before she even decided to resign.
>She doesn't care about the class and just passes everyone while barely teaching anything and playing movies and tv shows every day.
>9th grade
>Math teacher doesn't use a text book, I learn best using textbooks because I can refer back to it and the examples.
>She doesn't cover everything we need for tests
>Don't learn anything
10th grade
>New math teacher
>He leaves out alot of stuff because "You'll never use this unless you actually go into a math related field like computer programming or something"
11th grade math
>Completely lost

I've never done good in a math class since then..

>> No.2958650

>>2958575
sounds like a bad prof. the entire reason the class failed according to you is because he failed to teach them.

>> No.2958654

>>2956530
>You'll never use this unless you actually go into a math related field like computer programming or something
>math related field like computer programming
>like computer programming
I lol'd.
What an asshat.
Computer programming requires little more than basic algebra

>> No.2958662

>>2958592
http://www.usnews.com/education/worlds-best-universities/articles/2010/09/21/worlds-best-universitie
s-top-400-
6/10 in top ten and most of the schools out of 25 are american

youmad.jpg

>> No.2958673

I don't believe OP's post at all.

It is a fabrication.

>> No.2958695

>>2958662
Ofcourse they'll be called the best when they give all their students easy A's (to inflate their average score) and charge so much money per semester that they can build state of the art facilities and hire all the most prestigious professors.

>> No.2958700

>Be 11
> Taking SAT
> Has a 2d picture of earth and asks to draw the orbit of the moon.
>I draw an ellipse.
> This is a practice exam and we swap papers around the class.
>Get results back - 49/50.
>Check where I went wrong.
> Appeal out loud to teacher stating I'm sure it's an oval.
>Be quiet anon, you're wrong.

mfw I was sure I was right and I had 30+ peers and a teacher telling me I was wrong.

>> No.2958711

>9th grade algebra
>study regularly
>do slightly above average
>teacher was okay

>> No.2958717
File: 359 KB, 1920x1080, science.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2958629
I know that feeling, unlucky bro.

<-My pic explains how studying feels now I'm in the university, and have to LEARN, not only what I'm taught, but also what I was supposed to know

>> No.2958720
File: 19 KB, 536x404, Stanger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2958700

mfw that's because it is a circle.

>> No.2958739

>Math teacher is cool
>Teaches us probability
>makes EACH of us (30 students) flip a coin 300 times (three hundred) and note down EVERY draw
>we compare the averages and it's fucking close to 1/2
>awesome 1 and a half hour class that day

>> No.2958745

>>2956573

>I'm taking world history in highschool right now.

>Learning about tons of different countries in Europe and Asia.

>> No.2958746
File: 286 KB, 686x1214, women.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2958720
[Citation needed]

also
>get into highschool
>have most epic math teacher ever, really got me into math
>rest of class hates her, IDGAF
>next year because of complaints we get a new professor
>bitch knows nothing, but class is happy because they get As and Bs on nothing.
>many awkward situations arise when I do a problem correctly and she doesn't
>so many mistakes in learning I cant ever start counting them
>in third grade old professor comes back
>mfw when all of those As and Bs become Ds and Fs
>mfw they are aware that they are stupid as fuck and still complain on the teacher
>mfw when alpha bitch confronts me and tells me that my math knowledge is useless and i can wipe my ass with the knowledge
>mfw when she fails math, physics, chemistry and biology (?)

>> No.2958773

>>2958002
>MFW type magnesium water reaction in google, see video of it on youtube
>Say sorry bro.
>>2956742
You realize that you probably made her go into a huge swing of depression, right? Probably ruined her.

>> No.2958785

>History Professor from a local University teaches a Western History class at my highschool.
>He suggests to the school board that they add an Eastern History class because he feels it's important that people understand China and the middle east's history because of what's going on in the world currently.
>They tell him that they agree that there needs to be more history classes.
>They add History of Professional Sports.

>> No.2958796

>>2958773

So he was supposed to just take the molestation from ugly chick?

>> No.2958801

>>2958773

mfw you're wrong and should say sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2TimLxskZw

>> No.2958821

>>2958785
wat

>> No.2958840

>>2958796
Meh. Depends how ugly. Pics or descrips needed.

>> No.2958846

>Freshman year
>Put in a Physical Science overflow class
>Only 8 of us
>Physics teacher taught us
>Fucking genius
>Rumored to have the highest IQ in the state
>No none sense guy, but still made class fun

I wish I had taken physics just so I could have had him as a teacher again.

>> No.2958847

Reading these stories and seeing that these people posting are mostly doing awesome in their classes, while the rest of their class fails, makes me realize something.

The general public is retard.

>> No.2958848

>>2958785
hahahaha, wow.
Words cannot express how stupid that is

>> No.2958850
File: 13 KB, 200x200, southpark.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2957131
>>2957131
>>2957131
>>2957131
I BROKE THE DAM.
"No, I broke the dam.."...

I Broke the Dam! Season 9, Episode 8 of South Park

>> No.2958875

>>2958850
Bitches don't know about Spartacus.

>> No.2958900

>>2958850
Or Spartacus.

>> No.2958919

>>2958847
>Implying most of these aren't made up

>11th grade math class
>Teacher doesn't know anything
>I study really hard and outwit teacher
>Go on to college and get a degree in math
>$300,000 starting, any job I want

>> No.2958934
File: 42 KB, 260x283, kurt-cobain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>first day of 5th grade
>we have to introduce ourselves to the class and give one interesting fact about ourselves, and one interesting piece of trivia we know
>the piece of trivia I give is that the Earth is further from the sun in the summer than it is in the winter
>everyone laughs and says no, the teacher says "I don't think that's true, anon"
>end up in a huge debate about it
>i'm almost in tears, everyone is laughing and making fun of me like I'm an idiot
>point out that when it's summer in the northern hemisphere it's winter in the southern hemisphere so the Earth MUST be closer to the sun during one of the hemisphere's summers
>no one understands this, not even the teacher
>teacher finally tells me to sit down
>catch shit about it for the rest of the year
>"hey anon, it's so cold, why don't we move closer to the sun? OH WAIT THAT WOULD MAKE US COLDER LOLOLOLOL"
>my face

>> No.2958936

>>2956530
>>2956530
>>2956530
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

>> No.2958958

>>2958717
Dat August Burns Red

>> No.2958977

>>2958934
i feels ya anon

>> No.2958982

>>2958934
This makes me want to shoot your teacher.

>> No.2959013

Math class, first year college. Since I'd passed the Calculus AP test I was in second semester Calculus. The teacher was so bad I learned more from the textbook than her lectures. Later she wrote a take home test that made absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever. My father is a physicist who once worked at JPL, my grandfather was a university math professor. Both tried and FAILED to figure out her test. On Monday after spending 40+ hours in one weekend trying to solver her fucking test she admits she wrote the problems wrong (there were only 5) and she expected us to have the same answers she had even though her questions were shit.

I never took another math class. Graduated with a degree in English. Couldn't find work. Work now at a telephone book company correcting mistakes like people's bad spelling and shit.

Probably go back to school for an advanced degree in Geology. I always loved studying rocks.

>> No.2959022 [DELETED] 

>4th grade
>there's a regular and 'advanced' math class
>I'm in regular
>highest grades in my class, always first to fully understand new concepts
>parents email teacher about why I'm not in the advanced class
>teacher says 'Your son does not meet the behavioral standards required to move up to the advanced math class due to his incident [insert previous date here]'
>implying behavior has anything to do with mathematic ability
>remember the incident: teacher raged at another student, throws stapler with all his might into the trash can and breaks it. I say 'oh my god'
>teacher stares at me: "WRITE YOUR PHONE NUMBER DOWN. RIGHT. NOW."
>hates me from then on
>mfw in 8th grade I was ranked in the 98th percentile for mathematics

sigh

also

>8th grade
>this is a public school that manages to do best in the state, surpassing even private schools
>surprising as 1/2 the kids are ghetto niggers and mexicans who do crack
>1/4 are white trash
>1/4 are regular people
>social studies: me, some asian girl, and 3 friends
>everyone else: ghetto niggers, white trash, mexicans (I NOT MEXICAN PUTO, I PUERTO RICAAAN)
>white trash tries to read aloud from textbook
>can't pronounce county, compromise, absolute, other words
>same with mexiniggers

>> No.2959026

This is in the British system, for those who don't know it students are given a score on their SATS tests from 1-5 at the end of primary school (age 11). 1 is low, 5 is high.

>Get level 5 in maths
>arrive at high school expecting to be in top class
>third from top
>don't complain because I'm new, 11, and terrified of everything
>given tests
>always second to finish
>always get 100%
>only person who beats me is Chinese, a pretty cool guy
>but he only gets 50-75%
>always get marked down for poor neatness (workings were shown, but no margins were drawn)
>teacher choses to move the fast kid into top set
>moves me into second set

The point isn't how fast you do it, it's whether you do it with any real accuracy. I think it was his attitude that meant he got in a bike accident and ended up losing his job at the school and driving busses.

>> No.2959027

I think the biggest failure in your story is you.

>> No.2959051
File: 47 KB, 419x333, 1282687441214.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>German lesson
>teacher shows the movie "Goodbye Lenin"
>next year, new school
>German lesson
>next year, new teacher
>German lesson
>mfw

>> No.2959052
File: 8 KB, 235x266, 1273975862656.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>in highschool pre-calculus class
>there's always this kid in classroom who always asks "When are we going to actually use this outside of school?"

>> No.2959056

>>2957339
Yes, Sorry for the late response, I posted that in the morning before work.

>> No.2959062

>>2956530
hahaha this is funny

>> No.2959070

>>2959052
I raged. Even at the time I *hated* that kid, and I wasn't even a particularly dedicated student (at least not when it came to doing all the coursework).

This is why education should never be mandatory. Shit-heads just shit all over the learning experience for everybody else.

>> No.2959072

>fail 12th chemistry
>drop out to sell drugs
>deal meth
>see chem teacher when running from one of my housrs when it was getting raided
>he finds me later and wants to cook meth with me
>we make the dopest, flyest, best meth ever

>> No.2959076

>8th grade science
>best class ever
>actually learn shit, good teacher, but she's out 40% of the time
>one of the millions of subs we had is old lade called mrs. B
>kids across room throw pencils at our table, we throw back (good natured, not angry pencil-throwing)
>teacher flips out
>WHO'S THROWING PENCILS?
>nobody says anything
>CATHERINE, YOU'RE GETTING WRITTEN UP. (she's some timid model asian student who gets perfect grades)
>girl is about to cry
>runs out of class
>we give substitute hell after that incident
>next day
>tell teacher about what happened
>she shakes her head in disappointment
>calls office and tells them about the situation
>sub gets fired
>happyhappyjoyjoy.png

>8th grade reading class
>teacher is retarded
>prays during pledge of allegiance
>extreme religiousfag
>often strays away from subject and gives religious preachings to class
>one time has lecture about how reading is the most important subject we will ever learn
>exact words (someone took a video of her lecture):"READING AND LITERATURE ARE DIRECTLY RELATED TO YOUR PERFORMANCE IN MATH, SCIENCE, AND HISTORY. YOU WILL FAIL IN LIFE AND IN THOSE CLASSES UNLESS YOU ARE A GOOD READER AND KNOW HOW TO WRITE EXTENDED RESPONSE ANSWERS RELATED TO THE TEXT.
>tryingtoholdbacklaughterandtears.jpg
>tell my parents about this
>they laugh their asses off

>> No.2959088

>>2956902

Germanon here. Same shit. Feelsbadman.

>> No.2959093

>>2959072
That's messed up yo

>> No.2959095
File: 47 KB, 625x371, BB_Saul_Goodman1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2959072

Hey! Weren't you ever taught not to tell tales out of school?

>> No.2959101

I remember when we were discussing the Osama Bin Ladin in my World Geography Class.

Teacher says "Our government had our sights on Osama and had the chance to kill him once and for all but we didn't because he was threatening to kill a few innocent civilians."

Classmates raise their hands and believed that they should have went anyway and that a few innocent casualties shouldn't matter.

A girl raises her hand in defense believing that they should have kept away from Osama because civilian casualties.

She gets so much shit from the teacher and several of her classmates. People whisper "terrorist" under their breath when they walk by her desk.

>> No.2959103

>>2959076
wait, you still do the pledge of allegiance?

>> No.2959107

>every public school classroom with loud black students
>everyone who asks for help during a test because they don't know shit about the subject and didn't study
>humanities courses

>> No.2959108

>>2956991
Bitches don't know 'bout my triple bonds.

>> No.2959109

>>2957131

Copypasta. That's a german tv ad.

>> No.2959114

>>2959103
When I went to high school nobody took it seriously to the point that it was a joke and actually more disrespectful than patriotic. For some reason the idiots in state government forced it on everybody. The result was I-pledge-allegiancetotheuntiedstatesofamerrikaandtotherepublicsdfaosidfanoewnfoajsdnf while half the people in the class don't even bother to stand up and just stare for the seconds required to enact the pointless formality.

>> No.2959142

>high school physics
>teacher is sick
>teacher assigns busy work, so sub doesn't have to do anything
>sub tries to shove her beliefs down our throats with an irrelevant tangent
>teacher sick again; different sub
>this sub has a phd in psychology and knows stuff about physics
>whyareyousubbingforahighschoolphysicsclass?
>genuinely helps me with the rather ambiguously described right hand rule.
>whateveryourcoolerthancrazycool-story-bro-lady

>> No.2959161

>ITT
everyone is the smartest in their class and everyone else is an idiot and every teacher is a horrible moron and you know physics better than Einstein at age 15 and everyone is super sucessful despite their middle school math teacher not believing in them

>ITT
25% truth
75% complete bullshit

>> No.2959189

God damn you anons with supportive parents.
Mine were blind sheep that sided with the teacher EVERY SINGLE TIME. Shouted at me and instructed me to do the same. The 'side with the teacher' thing. Because it's a teacher, and if I don't listen to him he'll hate me and I wont get top grades which will result in me not being able to go to an good university after which I'll get a good paying job and not be a failure my father is.
>mfw when 7 years later I'm an insecure asspie, can't get into an uni because i'm poor and unis in my town are good only if I want to be unemployed

>> No.2959228

>>2959013
My grandfather worked at JPL and wrote the landing programs for some of the apolos. Highfive.

>> No.2959253

Pretty much this thread.
I started high school really eager, but just kept getting knocked down by both teachers who only gave a shit about those who did no work and other students who baffled me with their values.
By 2nd year I just stopped caring because nobody else seemed to.
Came out with good but not great grades.
Parents didn't care much, if I hated a class they just said they understood and let me fail and while I appreciated it at the time I didn't so much later on.

Not like it's affected me much though.. I suppose I got rejected from Oxford but so did 80% of people who applied.

>> No.2959268
File: 30 KB, 264x275, Man holds tiny briefcase sideways.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2956530
>Jon Stewart holds tiny briefcase sideways.png

>> No.2959292

> Year 11 aged 15ish
> Class always picks on loner kid, One jock always takes it too far
> Teacher can't punish Jock cause being good at sports means immunity to any punishment
> I snap and defend the Kid
> Ask Jock why he is such a douche all the Time
> Teacher Backs me up

> Jock prefect punches Freshmen in face gets prefect badge taken away from him
> 1 week late Gets Prefect badge back

>> No.2959306

>>2959292
Whats with all the retardedly huge emphasis on sports. Its just a goddamn game with no real merits. And dont give me the bullshit that its to "Make jocks care about keeping their grades up". Shitheads who cant at the very least skim through highschool and have to be bribed with games are hardly going to be a productive member of society once they get out.

>> No.2959329

>>2959306
Are you from the US?
I don't get this either, Britfag here.
Being good at sports doesn't grant you anything special here.. just like being good at a musical instrument doesn't.
You get to play on the school team or orchestra but no special treatment otherwise and I don't understand why they would.

>> No.2959347

>>2959329
>HURR I LIKE LIFTING HEAVY THINGS AND PLAYING CHILDRENS GAMES, GIVE ME SPECIAL PRIVILEGES SO I CAN GAIN SKILLS THAT DO NOT TRANSLATE TO ANY JOB THAT IS NOT PROFESSIONAL SPORTS
Fucking bullshit, they might as well start up a gamers league to motivate the smart but burnt out kids who hate the school system and even then its fucking retarded, neither belong.

>> No.2959353

>every math class ever
>generally very lazy about homework
>teachers assume I won't understand material since I don't do homework
>A's on every test

the reason I don't do homework is because I ALREADY understand the material

>> No.2959440

>high school chemistry
>dont pay attention because i already know everything;spend most time helping kids who dont know anything/getting high/reading
>teacher realizes my knowledge, tells me i just need to take notes on what i dont know
>take tests. always A's
>come time to review notebooks.
>marking period grade 70%. notebook is majority of grade
>"why did i get such a low grade on my notebook ms. anon's teacher?"
>your notebook was empty.

>> No.2959596

>>2959353

I had this attitude up until I realised that I wouldn't pass my A-Levels. Worked for about 3 weeks and got 3 A*s.

>Fuckyeah.jpg

>> No.2959689

>6th grade biology
>dicussion on what defines something as living
>teacher says a organism is anything that
>moves
>can reproduce
>consumes
>breathes
>and can die
>I say to teacher "that's a little vague"
>teacher disagrees and asks me to give a example that follows all those requirements
>"Fire?"
>teacher gets pissed
>I get sent to office for being "cheeky"

>> No.2959703

>be in calc I
>be given a word problem that involves using Galileo's equation for falling objects
>the problem takes place on the moon
>pretty-boy rugby player raises his hand
>"but there's no gravity on the moon"

>double facepalm.jpg

>> No.2959708

>>2959440
They're trying to prepare you for college where shit like not taking notes doesn't slide.

You deserved to get the grade you got.

>> No.2959709

>>2956587

OH GOD MY SIDES

>> No.2959724
File: 57 KB, 600x600, Awesome.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Went to 4chanarchive.org
> "Archive request"
> "Thread 2956530 has already been archived."
> mfw

>> No.2959741

>>2959689
didn't happen lol

>> No.2959755

>>2959689
There's no way you actually thought that answer up at the time

Enjoy your skull being a black hole of wittiness

>> No.2959762

>shit at math
>suddenly, grade 11
>teacher is extremely lenient, never asks for homework to be handed in
>very good teacher though
>"you should listen to me and do your homework."
>laugh it off
>test comes
>"ok guys, you have 5 questions on your test worth one point each. However, written on the board here are 20 randomly chosen questions from your homework. This is open book, so if you have your notebook feel free to write down JUST the answers you got doing your problems. These questions are worth 70% of your test. Hope you did your homework!"
>fail spectacularly
>never miss doing homework again
>finish math class with the highest grade I've ever achieved in any class in my entire fucking life
>feel like an idiot

that day, my self-confidence was restored. I thought before then I was too dumb for math or science, and why even bother. Best teacher I ever had. I almost wanted to become a teacher just to be like him and inspire other slackers like myself to become awesome :(

>> No.2959767

My mother once had a substitute in the 6th grade who was a retired teacher that her mother had had in school. The guy was in his 80s and practically senile. You couldn't understand what he was saying and the kids laughed at him behind his back. He'd wear outfits that looked like they were in fashion when Theodore Roosevelt was president.

>> No.2959769

All I've got are the standard stories where the kindergarten teacher says you can't see the moon during the day and the 1st grade teacher says you can't subtract a larger number from a smaller number (3-5=0).

>> No.2959792

>>2959708
That's absolutely fucking retarded, if someone is enough of a dumbass not to take notes when they actually need to, they'll pay for it then, forcing them to take notes when they don't need to is pedantic douchebaggery of depressing proportions and is only going to make them hate you and your class as well as probably the entire process of taking notes, if someone knows what he's doing he'll take notes when he has to and not before, I never took notes in high school until senior year IB chem and now in college I take them when I need to and not otherwise.

>> No.2959799

>>2959769

The first one is retarded. The second is just to make it easier to teach to little kids without confusing them. It's like when they say you can't squareroot a negative number.

>> No.2959804
File: 90 KB, 250x294, sadllama.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>sent to baptist highschool freshman year
>bible class most important class
>learn nothing, teacher has same crazy eyes as Michelle Bachman
>get expelled for taking home an old computer the principal told me I could have, inadvertently starting a riot in the tiny computer lab where everybody looted all ten of the computers
>go to public highschool
>only decent teachers are the art teachers
>again, learn nothing
>go to alternative school
>4 teachers worn down by years of delinquint classes
>learn nothing again
>mfw I gleaned nothing from highschool and all my knowledge is self-taught

>> No.2959812

>>2959804

Why do female American politicians feel the need to be so fucking ruthless? They always look like they want to secretly tear your head off. This is especially true for Republican ones.

>> No.2959816

The only time i ever did well in a math class was with a teacher who was fun and tried to make the class interesting. He did not play games, however, he just joked around and acted like a person. Before him, all my previous math teachers would give up on me (or any student) while going over homework if they didn't know the answer. This teacher would stick on that person and do a few problems with them until he knew they understood it. He would sometimes tell us a wrong answer to teach us it's ok to tell him he's wrong, too, which I thought was great. My next teacher after that was terribly impatient with me and while i started off great, my grades slipped until I flunked because i wasn't getting enough help and they didn't stay after school. i was actually in a remedial math class with two teachers and neither of them did anything to help the students that were failing. I eventually gave up. I could've read the book on my own, but they rarely taught from the book so I normally left it in my locker to let my bag stay lighter on the walk home.

>> No.2959824

>>2959792
Meh, to be fair it's rare for a teacher to encounter a student who isn't taking notes because they legitimately already know the material. Far more often it's a case of the student not paying attention or slacking off. In high school teachers are still in a role where they're supposed to protect students from their own stupidity and lack of work ethic, so making a kid take notes even if he doesn't want to is understandable.

College is where professors will let you do whatever the hell you want with the philosophy being "he either knows what he's doing or he's going to get a very rude awakening come the next test".

>> No.2959826
File: 24 KB, 320x400, orly.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2959812
Pic fucking related dude...
bitches be terrifying sometimes..
>did you see Taitz on Lawrence Odonnel last night? he raped her with words...it made me warm and fuzzy inside

>> No.2959868
File: 4 KB, 126x120, 1301120626936.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>in school during break, 9th grade
>wear a hoodie
>someone pulls hood over face and closes it, blinding me
>get picked up from the back by some guy
>get punched in the stomach
>get pissed as fuck
>kick the ass of the guy who picked me up
>end up on top of him with my fist swung back as if I'm about to punch him
>Ironically, principal appears at that very moment and sense us both to the office
>we both get the same punishment
>ask him if he was being chocked and he was defending himself he should be punished
>"I saw your fist, not his"
>mfw

>> No.2959888
File: 50 KB, 468x726, Margaret_Thatcher.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2959826

Exactly...

As a Brit, we're not much better in some ways. At least she wasn't /secretly/ malicious.

>> No.2959899

>analysis 1, soph year
>prove f(x)=x^2 is continuous
>i can't do it
>still can't do it
>how do i do it

>> No.2959932

>11th grade pre-calc class
>terrible math teacher
>doesn't teach the kids anything
>I never participate/play games on my calculator/get A's on all my tests
>teacher realizes I know how to do math
>he forces me to go up to the board to do a problem
>skip like 6 steps
>tells the class that if they had that problem on the test they would need to show more work.
>tells me that he knows that I know what I am doing and it's ok that i did it that way
>fuck yeah.

>same class, last day
>have final, didn't prepare one bit because I already had an A in the class
>sleep about an hour during the 2 hour final exam period
>guess on about half of the problems because i didn't feel like reading the question
>Get a 56% grade drops down to a B
>Get results from state testing, advanced proficient
>School says to all students that if you get advanced proficient on state testing your grade will go up by a letter
>final outcome, 56% on final, A in the class

fuck yeah

>> No.2959957
File: 116 KB, 1000x749, feels-good-man.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> First week in chemistry, teacher makes a 100$ bet with the class that there is no element with greater than 8 valence electrons.
>Raise my hand and point our palladium.
>mfw I get food for the rest of the year

>> No.2959974

>>2957022
I know that feel bro.
>For obligatory green text see >>2957022

>> No.2959994

>>2956530
>ICT
>Classmate tells Teacher he's having difficulty with some stuff.
>Teacher tells him to google the answers.
inb4 Someone flames him for having difficulties in ICT.

>> No.2960029

>>2959051
Do all German classes get 'Goodbye Lenin'?
Because I watched that 3 months ago.

>> No.2960100

>>2960029

I had it in year 9 German. Britfag here.

>> No.2960135
File: 60 KB, 300x219, react_kagan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2959957
>mfw bitches don't know about my Unobtanium

>> No.2960154

>school get some new computers to replace the ones used for the past 10 years
>monitors are flatscreen and look really flash
>Bulgarian IT teacher assumes they are touch screens.
>We encourage her along as she continues to believe this for a couple of weeks
>A few monitors broke in that time due to her constant hitting them harder and harder as she fails to grasp that they aren't.

and to blame someone for failings story

>complete coursework for IT two months early (it was designed so that our failing school would be able to do so in time)
>spend rest of time playing doom with friends on school network
>Do well in exams
>Coursework for everyone in the entire year is lost
>70% of grade was the coursework

Best grade was a D. And this kid was programming stuff at 15.

>> No.2960167

>>2960154

Holy shit, where are you from?

>> No.2960171

>>2959826

Heh, I still remember Lawrence O'Donnell on Fox News ranting and raving about Republicans trying to screw John Kerry during Swiftboatgate. They should have played "They're Coming To Take Me Away" while he was carrying on.

>> No.2960186

>>2960167
England. Left as one of only 16% of the year with 5 or more GCSEs (equivalent to graduating for americans)

School's closed down now, it got shut down the year after I left, re-opened as an academy, shut down again before the school years started, then re-named and re-opened again and with a lot of money to do it up.

I've a lot of stories from that place. Some were in the news.

>> No.2960201

>>2960186

Name of the school? It's not like we'd be able to track you down unless there were about 7 people in your year.

>> No.2960204

>>2960201
Montagu Secondary School

here's a good story from the news when I was in year 7 or 8.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2350537.stm

>> No.2960206
File: 120 KB, 277x220, viileä kana.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Finnish education system
>everything goes fine

>> No.2960214

>>2960204

>Staff and pupils at Montagu School were said to be saddened by the news.

How could you write that with a straight face?

>> No.2960216

>>2960204

>200.8 UMS point average for A-Levels in 2002.

Holy shit I didn't even think that was possible.

>> No.2960218

>Miss a month of school in highschool
>Come back, don't know shit
>lowest grades in everything
>One day, ask the girl I sit with for help
>she helps and explains everything
>fall in love with her
>ace all classes
>She moves away to another country

Why! WHY!!!?

>> No.2960221

>>2960214
ha, yeah. It's just the typical response that's given. The reporters probably didn't ask and just put it in as an assumption.

Though I get the feeling you're familiar with some of this.

>> No.2960222

> Second Statics test
> Problem involving a huge truss
> Takes entire test to solve it
> Problem actually impossible to solve
> Professor doesn't realize this until after the test is over

>> No.2960226

>teacher calls me up to do a problem with geometrical progression
>don't remember shit
>"I'M A FUCKING TEACHER, I CAN'T EXPLAIN YOU EVERYTHING, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO STUDY ON YOUR OWN"

>> No.2960227

>>2960221

I'm British, if that's what you mean.

I'm from Newcastle so I just have a lot of friends who go to shitty schools, so I'm not /that/ surprised by all of it. I was just lucky enough to get into the private grammar school we have here on a 95% bursary (needs-based, I might add, I'm not particularly clever).

>> No.2960231

>>2960227
Just the way you were saying made it sound as if you might've known the Bulgarian. Or maybe just someone very similar.

>>2960216
You can see why it was closed down.

>> No.2960232

>>2959899
I found this hilarious.
And also don't know how.

>> No.2960236

>>2960231

Oh, sorry, the "Holy shit" was a response to the retardedness, not because I knew anyone/

>> No.2960238

>majority of thread underage highschoolers
>yfw these are the same asshats that shit all over /sci/ everyday by getting trolled

>> No.2960246

>>2960236
ok. I suppose I saw it as more just a bit dumb and funny than pants on head retarded. She fit right in at the school and all.

>> No.2960248

>>2960246

I meant the losing of everyone's coursework mostly, though. I'd guess that's what caused the closedown?

>> No.2960255

>>2960248
Not on it's own. It was just a consistent failing all year every year, as >>2960216 pointed out. It was consistently shit and eventually Ofsted had enough.

Then the person who was hired to re-open it the first time was caught trying to save money (and pocket the difference) by employing teachers who were known sex offenders and legally banned from teaching.

>> No.2960285

>>2960255

Ha, nice. I remember one of our teachers mysteriously disappearing - there were rumours that he'd had sex with a year 10 (I was in year 8 at the time).

>> No.2960300

>>2960238
You're an idiot

>> No.2960548

This thread kind of demotivates me.

I mean, when like 200 people on a shitty imageboard already know how to integrate and shit in 8th grade without ever having read about it or been taught how to do it, as if universal knowledge of everything is some intrinsic property they possess, why should I bother even trying when I need to work hard to see progress?

By the time I've learned to -- say -- integrate, these people will be so far ahead it's not even funny.

>> No.2960599

>>2960548
I was about to tell you, but it is so obvious and intrinsic to me that I can't be arsed to bother. figure it out yourself

>> No.2960661

I had a really awesome science teacher when I was 13-15.
Basically, one of his moments:
>In Biology
>He asks us what it is for lunch
>Two girls answer
>Was it any good? He asks
>The girl answers "We never eat lunch, we only eat salad"
>He replies with "Sure doesn't look like it"
Oh damn, I loved that teacher.
He took us out to look for birds (don't know the correct name in English), it was awesome.

>> No.2960662

>>2960548
Do it anyways.

My education through elementary and high school was shit. Both because my teachers didn't give a damn, and especially because I didn't give a damn. I got in trouble for reading in class in grade 3 instead of paying attention, I was lauded for being a fantastic artist when I was barely passable, I started hanging out with people instead of doing my homework.

I, somehow, managed to make it all the way up to Math 12, despite failing Math 10, not even knowing how to do anything with fractions. I took Biology instead of Chemistry or Physics because it was easy. I never did my homework because I thought it was all a waste of time. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life when I graduated, I had nothing that really interested me except computers, technology, science, history, wargames, books and videogames.

After I graduated, I finally got a computer of my own, and an internet connection, and it was... I don't even know how to describe it. I felt like I learned in three years more than everything I had learned over the rest of my entire life. Not academic things like figuring out fractions, but life things - like learning what a logical argument is and how to argue with someone, learning how to write a story, learning how people behave, learning how I should behave. It was like the internet introduced me to everything I never learned in school.

>> No.2960665

>>2960662
Now I'm 23, and I want to go back and learn again. I shot myself in the foot when I was younger, but I'm not going to let that stop me. I'm back in school taking an upgrade program for Math, rebuilding everything I never learned through high school and I'll soon be taking upgrade courses for Physics 11/12 and Chemistry 11/12 as those are requirements for getting into SFU's mechatronics program. [And I've got to shoot for 85%+ grades]

I've decided that I want to get into an engineering discipline, and I've got a long road ahead of me still. Most people have graduated from college by my age, and here I am, finishing off high school stuff because I was too much of a dumbass to give a damn when I was young.

And you know what? I'm not stopping because it's embarrassing that I don't know how to integrate, or that I don't know what a derivative is and the way to solve it. If anything that makes me want to learn it harder and faster. I've gone through 4 math courses in two semesters, writing a test, sometimes two tests a week and I still feel like I'm doing it at a casual slow pace. People will laugh at you and me, call us idiots and losers, but you just gotta shrug that stuff off. You won't get anywhere if you stop the moment someone tells you that you suck and should just quit trying.

>> No.2960694

World history, 12th grade
Expecting ancient Sumer, Babylon, Greece, Rome, 6th century Islam, history of money and evolution of politics
>1st semester: draw the Big Bang with crayons on black construction paper, memorize human evolution
>2nd semester: China's biggest rivers, China's ancient ruts in the road, China's dynasties. Watch Seven Samurai.
Fell asleep in class, didn't care anymore, almost failed and almost didn't graduate.

>> No.2960727

>>2960665
Anon, thank you a lot for your speech!!!
Those are words to live by!

>> No.2960729
File: 115 KB, 395x447, 1290964908824.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw I didn't have to deal with any of this shit
>only thing approaching weird was our music teacher who couldn't pronounce "guitar", instead going for "guy-tard", and making a class full of 15-year olds sing "Twinkle-twinkle little star"

>> No.2960736

>>2960665
Good for you bro!
Stuff like derivation and integration can be really easy or really hard. Just start out with the easy part, and work your way up. Integrating and differentiating stuff like y=2x y=4x^2 y=x(2x^3+2), for example. This is stuff you'll find in basic math books found in high school (atleast, in my high school).

>> No.2960737

>>2960729
Oye, Swede here, we are totally jelly over your school system and all, but anyway:
I've heard that you are simply not as lazy as us Swedes, is this true?
And fuck me, have we gotten lazy.

>> No.2960765

>>2956573
I dunno, /world/ history was taught more in our Geography class than out history class, our history course was basically one book on Irish history, and one book called "modern Europe and the wider world" or something like that,
which dealt with stuff like WWII and soviet Russia and the cold war and other big stuff like that.
Where as in Geography we learned stuff about colonialization and shit like that which regarded India/Africa and so on.

>> No.2960780

>>2959689
lololol

>> No.2961132
File: 25 KB, 478x468, 1696_original_9eXGz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2960662
>>2960665
Good for you, man. That's exactly the kind of attitude we need more of.

>> No.2961833

bumping with my story

>In maths aged 11
>Dividing and multiplying fractions
>Teacher explains some method including cross multiplication and such.
>I make use of the simple flip and top*top bottom*bottom approach.
>'Where's your working?'
>In parents evening the next week.
> 'Anon had a tenancy to copy when he doesn't understand something.
>Rage.

>> No.2961848
File: 116 KB, 531x361, 1287973303271.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2961833

>> No.2961897

>>2956623

Surely you're a retard. A mathematics education major has to take up to and past linear algebra just to teach high school.

>> No.2961912

>>2961848

What brah?

>> No.2961916

>>2961912
I had exactly the same problem as you.

>> No.2961948
File: 28 KB, 500x375, 1263800112070.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Calculus
>Over half the class is failing every test and quiz
>Teacher is adamant that it's not his teaching

>> No.2961966

>>2961948

Oh this. Except half the class = 3 people pass the class overall out of ~30ish.

>> No.2961980

>Science class ~12
>Doing some simple speed distance time sums.
>Breezing, wondering why people find this science hard at all. (We're all Naive at 12).
>Girl in class 'How do you work out time if you're given speed and distance'.
>Me 'just swap time and speed around in the equation.
>Her 'You can't just do that!'
>Me '{Explaining the mathematics being polite}'
>Her 'Shut up you're fat'.
>Whole class laughs at me.
>Forever alone. At least I was better than them at maths and physics, all that matters...

>> No.2962040
File: 220 KB, 468x500, smugpizzacat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Senior Year, AP Chem
>Teacher is a former drifter
>Got his chemistry doctorate from MIT
>Spent years in the southwest doing... something
>Humble, funny, kind
>Total space cadet
>Probably an acid casualty
>Gives us huge packets of detailed but clear notes for each unit
>Accompanies them with cute drawings, poems, comics on every page
>I get an A in the class
>I get a 5 on the AP test
>mfw

God bless you, Dr. A, you wonderful, wonderful human being.

>> No.2962047
File: 98 KB, 400x300, 1300742293057.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2962040
> chemistry doctorate from MIT
>highschool teacher

>> No.2962076

>>2962047

I had an AP Bio teacher with a masters from MIT when I was in high school.

Some people just like to teach.

>> No.2962082
File: 264 KB, 671x445, 1297886575680.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2962047
He spent several years in industry and decided it was not worth it. He also ran a community garden, talked endlessly about green chemistry and sustainable fuels (and subsequently related it back to the class), discussed the economics of peak oil and alternative fuels, etc.

He was a truly brilliant man, the hippest hippie I've ever known. All about action. He had a farm and encouraged us to drop by and have some fruits and vegetables.

One day, his daughter made him a "jewelry" necklace (you know the kind, the kits with all of the big plastic gems and stuff). It looked ridiculous, but he promised her he'd wear it, so he did. To class. Every day.

Probably my favorite person in the world, I had no idea what I wanted out of school, but after that class I enrolled straight into chemical engineering.

>> No.2962100
File: 20 KB, 422x347, 1297887134502.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2962082
>>2962040

Oh shit, I forgot the most important part. He had a song for every single unit. He brought in his acoustic, sung in a fake British accent, and that's how we'd start off the week.

He later compiled these into a CD, with some light at-home production; keyboards and a drum machine.

Jesus I miss that man. I hated my high school but it sure as fuck wasn't because of the teachers.

>> No.2962168

>>2962040
>>2962100
I wish i could have gone to where you went.

our teacher made up copy all the notes down by hand (this took anywhere from 3-5 hours, 3 days of 1.5 hour blocks), while bitching that we didn't have enough time to do everything in the unit while never staying after school (she had dumb fucking clubs to attend to every day)

Oh, then she would bitch if you said 'i don't get it' that you never went after school for help when it was a crapshoot that you got the day every 2 weeks she was around to help you.

Then on top of THAT crapshoot it depended if her oh-so-special NHS kids were there talking to her about stupid shit while i was failing a fucking class.

Every time there was a test 2-4 kids out of the 50 would get an A, a few a B, a coupla C's and mostly D's and F's.

She was adamant about not having enough time and making us take all those notes by hands and never giving us step by step going throughs of problems.

Apparently, this was for the 'college experience' she wanted to give us. so we'd 'understand what it's like'

Fucking jaded bitch. I didn't even take the AP test after getting a C- in that bullshit class.

>> No.2962172

>>2961948
Same thing except for AP Physics.
My teacher has no idea how to fucking teach. Apparently even the regular classes don't learn shit either.
He relies on us whiteboarding problems from the book and we present them to the class. That pretty much is what we do week to week. Let's just say the class started with 24 or so kids, and now we are down to about 11.

On the other hand my Calc teacher is the best teacher I have ever had.

>> No.2962186

>>2962076
>Some people just like to teach.
That's what they want you to believe. I had an AP chem teacher who was formerly a researcher at a Hawaiian university. Why would any person with such education and experience be willing to work in a shitty public high school where his skills and knowledge aren't fully applied?

>> No.2962192

> Grade 12 Physics
> teacher everyone complains about, how bad he is at job, etc
> go to class and he has interesting lesson plan and turns out he's just a S.A.P.
> he is trying to get students engaged and interested
> we build a catapult, create lighting systems, and a fuckton of other interesting things.
> mfw only myself and 4 others pass the class.

>> No.2962201

>>2962192
Wish that's was how my class currently is.

>> No.2962205
File: 8 KB, 409x258, Rage_face.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get selected to attend magnet school
>all teachers have masters degrees or better
>students are as nerdy as I am
>making friends is suddenly super easy
>take bunch of ap classes
>mature enlightening discussions every day
>graduate with honors and awesome memories
>go to college
>sup bro hey bro you going to the party bro hell yeah bro that douche better not be there bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro

>> No.2962234

>>2957093
>maths
>state
what country is this

>> No.2962263

>>2962234
>XKCDinternetmap.jpg

>> No.2962341

>>2962234

Australia.

>> No.2962389

I have a couple stories about my high school.

>Pre-Cal and Calculus teacher has dual degree in Math-English
>makes us write papers about math
>shitty math teacher
>never learn unit circle
>never understand u-substitution, let alone trig substitution
>get A in the class after her giving her cupcakes while doing volume problems

>Chem/AP Chem teacher
>Best teacher I ever had
>Went from vague interest in chemisty to now being a chemistry major (now chem eng)
>Everyone in the class made a 3/4/5 on the exam
>left the school after my year due to problems with school administration
>manlytears.jpg

>Physics
>Do kinematics for three weeks, teacher gets bored
>build super complicated k'nex roller coasters
>build bridges out of k'nex and toothpicks
>stop doing any work at all and just play with k'nex entire second semester
>teacher talks about and plays WoW with some of the students
>hang out with teacher after graduation

Dude was a total bro but I didn't learn a damn thing about Physics. Was worth it. He asked us what he wanted our grades to be but usually just gave us random numbers.
>gave me a B for every quarter and get an A for both semesters without taking any semester tests

>> No.2962473

>>2962389
>your physics teacher

I envy you

>> No.2962538

>>2957004
We did that in 6th grade, no joke. My middle school was awesome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Twain_Intermediate_School_239

>> No.2962552

>>2962538

Eat a dick:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrow_School

>> No.2962796

>Farted hard in IT lesson
>Chair resonates at the pitch of my flatulence, causing massive amplification (the chair equivalent of cranking it up to 11)
>Entire class goes silent and looks at me
>Teacher was stood RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO ME and genuinely did not notice anything