[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 24 KB, 502x391, 1275375208826.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2913382 No.2913382 [Reply] [Original]

What are some extreme hypothetical situations where I can make a buck? Food costs money usually, as well as shelter, and water costs money sometimes.

Air doesn't cost money yet, unless you're looking to blast dust out of your computer or something. It's everywhere so there's no easy way to charge for it unless our air happens to be polluted heavily, in which case you may be able to purchase oxygen tanks or masks or whatever it is people use, so paying for air is not out of the question.

Transportation usually costs money. Our legs are a form of transportation, and we don't yet have to pay money for having them. As far as I know, there's no feasible way to remove people's legs without people getting all upset about it, but who knows what the future holds. Work in progress.

Sunshine is pretty hard to restrict so I don't think there's any way you can charge money for it, short of just plain blocking it with a dome or something. Work in progress.

Gravity, there's something that's hard to get by without, yet I can't think of a way to charge money for it. Work in progress.

Communication usually costs money, by way of postage/phone bills/electricity/internet/etc. Talking to people is still free mostly, but perhaps a small charge per syllable, multiplied by volume of the voice because more people can hear it. Work in progress.

Well I'm out of ideas.

>> No.2913415

Charging people for products they've made with their own two hands.

And said people not really thinking of what they make as 'theirs' anymore.