[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 5 KB, 516x350, xl_White_Crystal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2829607 No.2829607 [Reply] [Original]

hey, anyone who has studied Cognitive science at university and who would want to explain a little bit about what it's all really about?
I consider this to be an option for future studies.
Does it have anything to do with AI and CS?

>> No.2829627

baamp

>> No.2829643

>>2829607
What the fuck.

I'm studying it next year.

Major aspects of cognitive science deals with CS and AI. Those are kinda specific streams. However cognitive science also utilizes neuroscience as well.

The idea is that they can analyze and study computers to steps towards making them intelligent so as to better understand human intelligence. Since computers are step by step driven by signals and signs, the idea is that human mind can be understood from that.

But I am taking the non-science stream. It also deals with philosophy of the mind and questions posed by philosophers concerning the mind. In addition, linguistics is also a significant aspect since it deals with how the mind forms language and communication.

The most common thing surrounding it is understanding the steps and processes of how the mind works. If you find

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4326817/TTC_-_Philosophy_of_Mind_-_Brains__Consciousness__And_Thinki
ng_M

this lecture series interesting, it would suit you.

Pic related, father of the cognitive "revolution"

So basically if you learn enough about the field, you not only become a pretty cool programmer, but you also come out worldly and knowledged.

>> No.2829666

>>2829643
what the fuck!

>> No.2829867

>>2829643

Do you need to have any previous programming experience to study it?