[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 46 KB, 410x410, 03-kanye-west-the-college-dropout.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2814063 No.2814063 [Reply] [Original]

I dropped out of college as a freshman and am going back next semester. I left off before I had to take calculus, so the last math course I had has pre-calc in 11th grade. I tried taking calculus in 12th grade, but did horribly in it and was forced to drop it (I was an A student in math until I got to calculus, calculus fucked my brain).

So I'm looking for 2 things: First, a book that would be good on brushing up on pre-calc/ trig (since I haven't used either in a while) and secondly, a book that's not too difficult (but above something for-dummies level) that I can use to get a head start teaching myself calculus/ supplement what class I take. Either textbooks or regular books are welcome.

>> No.2814078
File: 66 KB, 388x288, hopf.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

try khan academy. free video lessons and an online course with lots of math stuff you can be tested on.

http://www.khanacademy.org/

>> No.2814140

>>2814078
Thanks!