[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 435 KB, 750x600, 1292965024383.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2792585 No.2792585 [Reply] [Original]

What do you do when your mind has trained itself to think of itself as better than any human? What do you do when it has blocked off anyone else for the fear of losing them? What do you do when you see this world as something beyond anything worth changing, when you will not live long enough to see what you want, and even if you do there are those who will try to take everything they can from you in the process? What do you do when the only thing that can comfort you anymore are songs on youtube and pictures of the girl that you want but you know you shouldn't go after?

>> No.2792603

You chillax and have a beer because, at that point, you are taking life too seriously.

>> No.2792608

Do whatever you want, fuck. This isn't even science.

>> No.2792616

>>2792603
life is too serious not to take it seriously. I mean, up till a few days ago i didn't care that i wasn't having any fun, i just wanted to make the world a better place, but now, i just think whats the point? people are going to abuse it anyways.

>>2792608
Its related to science b/c whats the point of it if our species will never get any better? finding knowledge for the sake of knowing is pointless

>> No.2792640

>>2792585
Fatalism, defeatism.

>inb4 philosophical shitstorm.

>> No.2792678

>>2792640
Yes well how can you think you can make any difference when our system is based upon what the masses want and the masses are so easily deceived by those already with power and money? I like to think that /sci/ has some more of the smarter people, but even there I am deceiving myself. The only reason I come here to talk about this is b/c it is easier than opening up to people I know. My mind is so frail that it has been brainwashed to care so much what others think, and even after I know this, there is nothing I can do about it

>> No.2792712

>>2792678
Well, once in a while you'd see people here who seems to actually know their stuff.

And that first sentence from your post (assuming that you're OP), I'm telling you, that's what pretty much what everybody thinks here. It's up to you whether you do something about it or not.

>> No.2792740

>>2792712
but how? where do you find the hope and determination to go on when the chance of succeeding seems so slim that it isn't even worth trying? How do you muster the strength every day to wake up and say, "I am ready to face this world of ignorance"?

>> No.2792801

>>2792740
>world of ignorance?
I think saying that is pretty conceited, you didn't even seem to read my earlier post.
>hope and determination to go on when the chance of succeeding seems so slim that it isn't even worth trying
Now, that's getting unscientific bro, it's all about empirical data. If you can say think when you haven't even seemed to observe hard or do something about it, then you might be missing something.

>> No.2792813

>>2792801
>If you can say think
>think
it's that. Typo lol.

>> No.2792831 [DELETED] 
File: 25 KB, 400x400, ll.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What do you do when your mind has trained itself to think of itself as better than any human?
>What do you do when it has blocked off anyone else for the fear of losing them?
Use a non-harmful coping mechanism to make do while you figure out how you can see yourself objectively and connect with other people without triggering negative emotions. At this point what you should do depends on more technical details about the root causes of your narcissism and fears.
>What do you do when you see this world as something beyond anything worth changing, when you will not live long enough to see what you want, and even if you do there are those who will try to take everything they can from you in the process?
Do a Hobbes, instead of doing nothing after realizing a kierkegaardian leap of faith to achieve perfection is pointless, simply factor in the new information, the probability of the success of your actions. In short, accept that the ends justify the means, choosing the lesser evil is the right thing to do and that pragmatism is the only real way of getting shit done.
>What do you do when the only thing that can comfort you anymore are songs on youtube and pictures of the girl that you want but you know you shouldn't go after?
Stop caring so hard. Stop caring about society's shit, some people in society do have legitimate criticism to make about you, but most are bigots, in the end you decide whether what they say and think is valid. You will find this perspective will not drive you deeper into neckbeardom as it will alleviate your social anxieties and allow you more options to find happiness.

>> No.2792832

>>2792801
Well the world hasn't changed thus far, and men better than me have tried changing it, that is my empirical data. But I have had a change of heart. Even if this world is doomed, the worse thing to do is not try at all. At least I could make a dent in what might change the pan of life inside out with everyone elses attempts.

>> No.2792878

>What do you do when your mind has trained itself to think of itself as better than any human?
>What do you do when it has blocked off anyone else for the fear of losing them?
Use a non-harmful coping mechanism to make do while you figure out how you can see yourself objectively and connect with other people without triggering negative emotions. At this point what you should do depends on more technical details about the root causes of your narcissism and fears.
>What do you do when you see this world as something beyond anything worth changing, when you will not live long enough to see what you want, and even if you do there are those who will try to take everything they can from you in the process?
Do a Hobbes, instead of doing nothing after realizing a kierkegaardian leap of faith to achieve perfection is pointless, simply factor in the new information, the probability of the success of your actions. In short, accept that the ends justify the means, choosing the lesser evil is the right thing to do and that pragmatism is the only real way of getting shit done.
>What do you do when the only thing that can comfort you anymore are songs on youtube and pictures of the girl that you want but you know you shouldn't go after?
Stop caring so hard. Stop caring about society's shit, some people in society do have legitimate criticism to make about you, but most are bigots, in the end you decide whether what they say and think is valid. You will find this perspective will not drive you deeper into neckbeardom as it will alleviate your social anxieties and allow you more options to find happiness.