[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 21 KB, 640x400, sciactscores.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2749114 No.2749114 [Reply] [Original]

Sup /sci,

What did you get on your ACT Math?
>inb4 underage b& -- I'M 18.
>I'm already in uni and am taking ACT Math Residual to place into Calculus 1.

Chemfag here. I need to take ACT Math in a few weeks and get ≥28 (math section only) in order to place into Calculus 1. I only took the SAT to get into uni. I got a 660 on that, but an SAT Math 750 is required at my school to pop right into Calculus 1.

Question is, what scores did you guys get if you have taken the ACT?

Another question: I'm going to go through the Khan Academy and PatrickJMT lessons that are pertinent to the ACT sections. What do you think of that preparation? Will it be sufficient?

>btw my math skill is only slightly above average, but I'm working on it

>> No.2749128

>>2749114
>an SAT Math 750 is required at my school to pop right into Calculus 1.

...what
Calc 1 can be easily learned by anyone who scores 500+ so long as the teacher is decent.

>> No.2749137

>>2749128
yea, i know. my butthole school requires me to take two precalculus courses. fuck that. i'll just take the act and get out of it.

>> No.2749141

I'm pretty sure they have placement test that determine if your ready or not.... 750 SAT math isn't calculus ready by any means when all the work is alg 1/geometry

>> No.2749145

>>2749141
the placement test is the act math section
lame, yes

>> No.2749153

I got a 710 on SAT math,

got a 3 on the AP in calculus AB, which qualified me for credit in college.

I decided I was too shaky in math, so I got an A+ in college algebra, and I'm now struggling in Calculus I.

Fuck my life.

Other then that, I don't see how poor calculus skills will stop me from being a good Physician.

>> No.2749193

I only got a 660 on the SAT math section and went to calc II. I consider the collegeboard idiots though. I remember on the test some simple problem like x+7=9 not having the right answer available. I got pissed and ranted on what little space was on the answer sheet

>> No.2751090

I got a 36 on the ACT math and 790 on the SAT math. I'm also studying physics at my university, and neither of those scores have much to do with taking calc I at all. They should use a separate placement test.