[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 35 KB, 330x329, 56538main_HUDF_330.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2682415 No.2682415 [Reply] [Original]

So as I understand it, our entire Universe will die/change at some point, taking out everything within it along with it?

So, even if we escape this planet or solar system at some point in the future, everything will vanish without a trace anyway?

A few questions, then;

How do we know there wasn't a universe before populated and exploited by a super advanced race, or maybe by something completely beyond our wildest thoughts?

And is there any plausible way to avoid destruction along with the Universe, or will it be THE final end for everything that exists?

Also, yes I know there are no solid answers to these questions, and they're purely theoretical pondering, but it's something to talk about.

>> No.2682422
File: 5 KB, 184x118, Durandal3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Escape will make me god.

>> No.2682423
File: 166 KB, 1255x509, infinitetrolling.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>And is there any plausible way to avoid destruction along with the Universe, or will it be THE final end for everything that exists?

I have a plan (pic related):

>do this when the heat death is starting to be uncomfortably close
>continue dicking around in the alternate timeline.
>when nearing heat death again, just repeat the timetravelling shenanigans .
>continue this ad. infinitum.
>problem, enthropy?

>> No.2682424

>And is there any plausible way to avoid destruction along with the Universe, or will it be THE final end for everything that exists?

>INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

>> No.2682428

>>2682424

I love this story.

>> No.2682431

>So as I understand it, our entire Universe will die/change at some point, taking out everything within it along with it?

The most likely death is a death by expansion so the universe will just be a cold barren "empty" space.

>So, even if we escape this planet or solar system at some point in the future, everything will vanish without a trace anyway?

Not really

>How do we know there wasn't a universe before populated and exploited by a super advanced race, or maybe by something completely beyond our wildest thoughts?

We don't

The universe is everything. But it's possible there are more than one universe.

>> No.2682478

>So as I understand it, our entire Universe will die/change at some point, taking out everything within it along with it?
yes
>So, even if we escape this planet or solar system at some point in the future, everything will vanish without a trace anyway?
yip

>How do we know there wasn't a universe before populated and exploited by a super advanced race, or maybe by something completely beyond our wildest thoughts?
we dont know, it is possible that the big bang resulted from the death of the previous universe

short of reversing entropy, i dont think so. if multiple universes exist you may be able to travel to a new one and live in it

>Also, yes I know there are no solid answers to these questions, and they're purely theoretical pondering, but it's something to talk about.
hypothetical, hy-po-the-ti-cal pondering

>> No.2682490

>>2682431

Thank you for the input.

>>2682478

And thank you for the answers. Maybe in the time between then and now we may discover and learn to exploit "alternate" universes.

Sidenote: A simple pointing out of the word "hypothetical" would have been fine. The additional "sounding it out" wasn't necessary.

>> No.2682499

Our scientific understanding of the universe is far from complete. We have built a strong mathematical frame work, but it still has holes and could very well be fundamentally flawed.
Besides, if a freeze-death is actually the future of the universe we have plenty of time to prepare for it.

Most likely though humanity will create weapons of sufficient power and kill itself in a moment of mammalian violence.

>> No.2682504

maybe we could encase a planet in certain alloys in the far future, extracting the energy from dark matter to sustain ourselves for eternity.

with technology to continue ourselves and stop the planet itself being destroyed.

or we build our own planet.

>> No.2682528

Bump.

>> No.2682555

>>2682528

sage

>> No.2682567

>>2682555

I'm not sure you understand the function of sage.

>> No.2682577

>>2682567

sure i do

sage.

>> No.2682585

>>2682577

Then you know that it only doesn't bump the topic, and doesn't actually move it down?

And that it only goes in the e-mail field?

>> No.2682587

>>2682415
All of your points are based on our current understanding of the Universe and the laws of physics.

In the unlikely event that we're the first era out of many to actually have it all spot on, then yes, heat death is most likely, either way it's not going to last happily forever and we can't experience anything beyond our light horizon.

But, if it turns out we're wrong about all of this then everything we speculate about here is moot.

>> No.2682590

>>2682585
It does contribute to the post-count limit. Enough saging can indeed kill a thread.

>> No.2682591

>>2682585
Yes. Do you realise that people use it to show their contempt for stupid posts

>> No.2682604

>>2682585
Yes i know that... Thank you for that lovely explanation of something I already knew....

>>2682590

Similarly thank you for agreeing with me...

--------------------------------------------------------------

OP you keep bumping - i'll keep saging.

Thank you for explaining that to him... Apparently he might not have known that.

>>2682591

>> No.2682614

>>2682590

It's not often than one person will be bothered enough, or have enough ambition to continuously sage a topic into oblivion. Though I guess it's happened before. And if he's that annoyed at this topic, then he's free to do so.

>>2682591

Yup, that's just not what I got from those particular posts.

>> No.2682624

Dam op the end is inevitable the way we humans expierence the natural world is there is a beginning and an end to all things

>> No.2682647

>>2682604

Could you at least explain why you're so annoyed by my post?

>> No.2682658
File: 42 KB, 605x307, sage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

sage

>> No.2682673

>>2682658

If this is how it is going to be.

You will give up first.

>> No.2682690

>>2682673

ROFL no...

>> No.2682700

nowadays people talk about the possibility of terraforming so we can live in new planets and solar systems maybe someday "people" (in quotes because they will obviously be much different then we are now) will talk about the possibility of making new universes to live in.

>> No.2682695

>>2682690

Also, I'm interested to know, is English your native language?

Not meaning to insult, it's just you have a strange pattern of grammar.

>> No.2682694

>>2682647

Im not annoyed, your post is meaningless and now instead of accepting that you just want to have a sage war.

>> No.2682703

>>2682424
>See thread
>Insufficient Dat....oh someone else already beat me to it

carry on sirs.

>> No.2682751

>>2682695

No its spanish. Im from Spain. Wanna take me out to dinner too?

>> No.2682760

>>2682751

Well, props on learning English so well.

Where's this passive aggressiveness coming from?

>> No.2682785

>>2682760

you make me laugh because your inquisitive nature is much like mine. Except yours stems a lot from a naive innocence...

>> No.2682813 [DELETED] 

>>2682785

I just like knowing/learning things. Anyway, I'm leaving the topic now as it seems to have gone way off from where I wanted it to go.

Best of luck with you future endeavours, whether they be sagings or other (more productive) enterprises.

>> No.2682820

>>2682785

I just like knowing/learning things. Anyway, I'm leaving the topic now as it seems to have gone way off from where I wanted it to go.

Best of luck with your future endeavours, whether they be sagings or other (more productive) enterprises.

>> No.2682829
File: 62 KB, 560x448, awesome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2682813

Thank you - I wish you the same as well :)

>> No.2682830

>>2682813
Mind if I butt in?

Saging, thus indicating one's derision for a point or opinion submitted by another, may cause that individual to reflect objectively on their offering. That in turn may lead them to a revelation about themselves, which in turn causes them to rethink their entire life philosophy.

Having given up their previous ambitions, they then seek to attune themselves to some other endeavour and, after years of slavish dedication, produce a breakthrough so profound and significant that it is never surpassed in the remainder of human history. They wouldn't remember the sage, and neither would you, but it could have that effect. Don't knock the productivity of saging outright.

It could also only increase the post-limit of a thread without bumping it.

Thank you, I'm out.