[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 84 KB, 800x500, 1299785530007.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2681488 No.2681488 [Reply] [Original]

What would it be like if a planet the size of Majoris could sustain life?
I know the Hurr no possible way durr gravity is too big.
I'm not asking IF it is possible.
I'm asking how it would be IF it was possible.

>> No.2681493

super duper fantastic.

move along please.

>> No.2681499 [DELETED] 

The planets would just be far away. That's all.
Also there wouldn't be enough time for life to evolve before it blows the fuck up but w/e.

>> No.2681508

How would it be?
It wouldn't

>> No.2681511

I'm guessing the only life that could live there is microorganisms, any complex lifeform like animals on earth would be crushed under their own weight.

>> No.2681517

But the thing is, we can't imagine it because it's fucking impossible.
I don't care if you don't like it
Just fucking deal with it.
I'm not going to waste my time thinking of useless hypotheticals.

>> No.2681761

>>2681511
>>2681517
But what if lifeforms on such a planet were entirely different to the ones we are used to..
I mean a COMPLETELY different structure, no DNA or cells, or relying on water, something we wouldn't have thought about?

>> No.2681781

I read OP as if a star the size of Majoris could have planets that sustained life and was kinda amazed how all of you were saying no.

>> No.2681795

>>2681781

Speaking of which, how far would a planet have to be from a star the size of Majoris to fit into the range for sustaining known life?

>> No.2681797

if possible (wich it actually is) it would be like they would have no bones. a little like snakes or something. by only retracting mussles where no limb had to be lifted because of its great gravity.

>> No.2681800

it would be like a magical rainforest with children playing around fountains with gumdrop smiles, there would be no war or hate, only peace and love. also no one would ever die, everyone would always be happy.

use your fucking imagination

>> No.2681808

Lets imagine a situation that cannot exist!

What if gravity turned off? I know this cannot happen but what would happen if it did?

I think that in both of these scenarios OP is a faggot.