[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 169 KB, 1010x1036, 1291158384958.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2659876 No.2659876 [Reply] [Original]

I already posted this in 2 other boards and I think most of you are gonna tell me to go engineer but what the hell

I'm undecided on what career should I pick

I can't decide between Digital animation or Aerospace engineering.

While AE has more prestige in society and really interest me, I know almost no common ground about it.

And in digital animation, well let's just say I come from /v/. What really keeps me off these is that I'm afraid i might not get a job, just how do you get into a big video game or special FX company without any contacts.

help?

>> No.2659879

Testan 2
<span class="math"><div class="math">\frac{2}{3}[/spoiler]</div>
Fuck my life

>> No.2659881

intern, see what you liek in school. worst comes to worse, try something else if you don't liek where you are. No worries, brah.

>> No.2659887

>>2659879
I suppose this is some kind of meme here, but I forgot to say I never come to /sci/

>> No.2659892

>>2659881
I guess, but then again I don't think there is anything in DA I wouldn't like, the problem comes after that when trying to get a stable job, I think there are too many indie devs already

>> No.2659969

Go with aerospace engineering and get a nice job with Lockheed. Accumulate money. Play with digital animation as a hobby in your free time.

>> No.2661813

>>2659969 implying aerospace engineers get free time

>> No.2661842

>>2661813

I know an almost PhD ME going into Boeing. They really only work 40hr. weeks there. If you work more, you get overtime. I'm pretty sure you are expected to be very productive when you do work, but still. Time is accounted for and billed at either 6 or 10 minute increments. Working extra and not billing for it is frowned upon because the accountants / management will not have an accurate estimate for what jobs actually cost in the future.

>> No.2661850

I have several friends in AE and they all hate it. Hate it. I mean, they recognize its importance and the interesting aspects of it, but it's A LOT of work. They're always studying and miserable. Some of them have ended up dropping out. If you really love animation, just go for it, and do very well. Make the most of your college career and accumulate all kinds of things to put on your resume so that you stand out among others. You'll probably be happier that way.
...or just poor and jobless...