[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 43 KB, 1005x857, NASA_Logo.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2609498 No.2609498 [Reply] [Original]

I'm applying for an internship with NASA. Advice?

>> No.2609503

If you don't have the best grades in your college don't bother.

>> No.2609504

Don't mention your penis size, they're not interested in the least.

>> No.2609505

Point out how the ring around their logo looks like a sperm cell. That'll get you in no time.

>> No.2609512

me too man. you don't need the top grades for an internship...
I've got a 3.90 in my major (aerospace engineering) and 3.69 cumulative and I was told I have a very good shot of getting mine.

Other than that.... O_o idk, extracurriculars & clubs?

>> No.2609525

>>2609512
o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

......... I CAN HAz cheesburgeR?

>> No.2609538

>2609512

OP here. I'm actually not in college yet (taking a gap year between high school and college), but I did very well in high school and am enrolled at a very good engineering school for the Fall. My concern is that I don't have enough extra-curricular activities. Like this one question:

>"List any special skills (i.e. prototype fabrication, Infrared Spectrometer, glass blowing, etc.) and/or languages spoken that you feel would enhance your application"

How am I supposed to answer that?

>> No.2609539

Grades aren't as big a factor as your references and research experience.

If you've done any work with faculty projects mention it and get a reference from them.

>> No.2609545

2609539 here

Having read this
>>2609538
I withdraw my suggestion... what the fuck are you doing applying to NASA when you're not even in fucking college???

>> No.2609560

>>2609545

The internship program is open to high school graduates.

>> No.2609569

I work at NASA's Langley research center.
The cafeteria is awesome, oldfashioned like 50's style but good and cheap.
You poor interns get to work out of trailers with bad plumbing and mildewed carpets. sorry.
Find Betsy, the contracting officer of the maintiance people and email her untill it changes.
Most NASA level engieneers and scientiests are aspie faggots. stroke their egos and tell them they are brilliant and they will dance like puppets for you.
The surrounding area is ghetto meets hillbilly town. seriously disapointing.
Good luck

>> No.2609586

>>2609569

Awesome insider info. I'm not the OP but im thinking about NASA as a career choice.

Can you tell us more?

>> No.2609958

>>2609560
The fact that the application asks you if you have any instrumental specialization or research experience should be a big hint that this isn't really intended for high school students.

By all means apply but be realistic about your chances.