[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 20 KB, 492x557, wowdog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2604980 No.2604980 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: Strange concepts of any sort.

I want to create an AI with an array of incredible sensors that could detect and replicate every molecule (or any particle necessary, for that matter), chemical, electrical, electrochemical function, basically everything of a person (person A). I would have another person(B) look at that person. Then I would tell the AI to read that person's(B) mind gather information only from it. Only their perception of person A. Then I would tell the AI to gather its own information about person A. Then I would tell it to replicate both versions.

HOW WOULD THEY BE DIFFERENT?!?!

>> No.2604987

OP note: the AI's information would be flawless. It would, again, account for every single particle. It would produce a 1:1 replica.

>> No.2604992

Another OP note: I'm writing a novella right now based around this concept called The Human Fable.

>> No.2604995

>>2604987
That's completely impossible due to quantum effects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

>> No.2605011

>>2604995

The AI would be so insanely advanced that it would account for that. Don't ask me how, it's called science fiction. It's a thought experiment, man.

>> No.2605040

>IF I MAEK MASHEEN DAT CAN DO ANYTHIN WHAT WOULD IT DO?????

>> No.2605042

So no one has ever just thought about weird "what if" scenarios? Ideas?

>> No.2605062

It's easy, one of them would be evil and the other would be good. That would be so because of the lack of soul, now that you forgot to include God's blessings in your creation.

>> No.2605077

>>2605011

You mean its bullshit? Gotcha.

>> No.2605137

>>2604980

I'm not sure what it is you are asking. Is it something to do with people's awareness of their own internal workings? Because the answer is we have barely any awareness whatsoever, most of our internal monologue is our 'verbal' mental organ providing spurious post-facto justifications for ideas and actions triggered by inaccessible organs 'deeper' in the mind.

>> No.2605160

>>2605137

That's one good view, and answer. I'm not asking anything, just saying that it would be interesting to see what would different between the two physical versions; to see the faults in the reproduction of the person that was created out of the other person's perception.