[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 813 KB, 1000x928, uspmm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2582421 No.2582421 [Reply] [Original]

Lets just agree that there are all kinds of people in the world. Not like any normal atheist would be like Stalin.

>> No.2582429

>implying I give a fuck
So long as you don't rag on the science and technology our society is based off of then I don't care what you think.

I'm a pantheist, but i'm going to agree with an atheist on 99 points out of a hundred.

>> No.2582442

picture obviously made with bias against athiesm.

>> No.2582444

>>2582429
>pantheist

You just went full retard.

>> No.2582445

>Ronald Reagan (best US President)
HAHAHAHAHA

>> No.2582446

Oh you, implying that Hitler was an atheist.

Protip: he wasn't.

>> No.2582449

I see smarter people on theist side, but obvs that's because theism is more popular. I'm an atheist. But I don't see how theism could really block scientific discovery unless you use the God explanation to stop inquiry into a topic.

>> No.2582459

>Richard Dawkins (founder of atheism)

>wtfamireading.jpg

>> No.2582460

>>2582421
Also,

>It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

- Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman

>> No.2582485
File: 15 KB, 200x225, rage1wv6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Ronald Reagan (best US president)
10/10
Also, Hitler was theist. This has been proven time and time again. The Nazi's also used religious dogma to motivate their soldiers. I'm sick of that retarded rumor.

>> No.2582538

>>2582421
I think its pretty fucking debatable to call a deist a theist. That would knock out quite a few of those "theist" geniuses you have up there

by the way, hitler wasn't an atheist (he was roman catholic), mussolini didn't found fascism, dawkins didn't found atheism, I don't see what Hitchens and his cancer have to do with anything, most of the atheists you listed aren't actually atheists anyways, who the fuck is Fyodor Dostoevsky and why is he even up there, Alexandre Dumas wrote terrible books, Kierkegaard is silly just like his existentialism, DiCaprio isn't the best actor by a long shot, Ronald Reagan is in the top ten worst presidents of all time, who the fuck cares about TS Eliot, Napolean Bonaparte was a mass murderer, and Chuck Norris is a dumbfuck redneck retard who starred in kung-fu movies before advertising crappy informercial work-out products.

This picture is fucking pathetic!

>> No.2582554

>>2582538
>>2582459
>>2582460
>>2582485
/thread

OP is deluded faggot

>> No.2582600

>>2582554
Or maybe /sci/ people should learn to be less trollable.

>> No.2582631
File: 86 KB, 637x469, 1280903675700.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mwf sci is so easily trolled.

>> No.2582643
File: 197 KB, 412x412, 1295579137348.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.2582674

LOL Bertrand Russel a "philosopher".... Don't even mention he's an excellent mathematician as well

>> No.2582865

/sci/ is so easy to troll because people here have such high IQ-s. If someone tells them they are fags for wearing Adidas sneakers their mind will race and make connections between Adidas sponsoring Soccer World Cup and soccer being a stereotypical sport for effeminate men.

>> No.2583046

Whats wrong with Stalin? You dick.

>> No.2583051

einstein was a huge fuckin atheist, dude.

He liked religious-sounding stuff for its poetry and metaphor and was totally unambiguous about it.

>> No.2583073
File: 10 KB, 251x251, 1269488608913.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2582421
>MFW Dumas, Reagan, Norris and Dicaprio are all overrated faggots

>> No.2583135

> atheism
> lack of belief
Stalin: "Hm. I don't believe in any divine power that commands me to murder and enslave my neighboring tribesmen like it did to Abraham. So I'm not going to do that for no reason."

> communism
> belief
Stalin: "When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use."

> religion
> belief
Hitler: "My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth!, was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exploited."