[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 88 KB, 388x480, tuggie..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2508034 No.2508034 [Reply] [Original]

Why do so many doctors insist on circumcision?
Do they really think they are doing the right thing?
Is it just about the few extra bucks they get for doing it?
Are they trying to force their religion on people?
Is it just out of tradition?

>> No.2509766

it cures aids

>> No.2509767

>Why do so many doctors insist on circumcision?
To make money
>Do they really think they are doing the right thing?
No they're doctors, they have enough education to know how retarded it is
>Is it just about the few extra bucks they get for doing it?
Yep
>Are they trying to force their religion on people?
Wait? Wich religion are you talking about?
>Is it just out of tradition?
Wait? What tradition? Only jews, muslims and americans are circumcised

>> No.2509783

Doesn't it help with avoiding infections though?

>> No.2509791

>>2509767
>>2509767
>Implying performing circumcisions is a lucrative industry.

Where do doctors "insist" on circumcision?

>> No.2509794
File: 14 KB, 300x360, 1266274371724.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2509783
No. There are no serious benefits from circumcision

>> No.2509796

>>2509783

There is a MINUSCULE benefit.

Of course that won't stop people from yelling about how it's genital mutilation and that the entire world are doing such a terrible thing and that apparently the end of the foreskin is the most sensitive piece of skin and that sex without it is the saddest thing ever despite people who have been circed doing just fine.

Really the issue isn't worth the debate.

>> No.2509797

>>2509783
It's more likely to get an infection from the circumcision process itself

>> No.2509804

>>2509796

more people die from getting a circumcision than people die as a result of not getting one.

>> No.2509805

>>2509796
Peoples who have been circumcised have less feeling during sex
Source: A guy who had sex before and after circumcision

>> No.2509809

There are very minor benefits and very minor drawbacks to circumcision. Doctors don't insist on anything - it's always up to the parents, who typically just do whatever the father has. It's really not a big deal. /b/tards just love to argue about it because they're obsessed with each other's cocks.

>> No.2509815

>>2508034

I personally, on my on initiative, went to the doc and had a circumcision when I was 26 yrs old. I did not have any problems with my foreskin or anything like that.

In retrospect (am 38 now), that was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. It has really improved my sexual enjoyment (ymmv). Sure the first few weeks were not that funny, but really not that bad either.

The main benefit I noticed was much greater friction during sex, plus improved staying power (taking longer to come). Both of these effects have boosted both my own sexual pleasure as well and that of my partners (and the pleasure of my partners have certainly boosted my sexual confidence).

As for negative effects... I really haven't noticed any.

>inb4: no, this is not a troll. Just because someone disagrees with you on the internet doesn't mean that it is a troll.

>> No.2509834

I just find it hilarious that a lot of Americans call some practices in foreign cultures barbaric when they still mutilate the genitals of their children.

>> No.2509835

>>2509804

That is entirely debatable since you've failed to provide a source. In the end I could counter with more people have been saved from HIV than those who lived through circumcision. And as with ANY medical procedure, there is a small (and I do mean small) chance of complications. It's no more deadly than getting your tonsils out.

>>2509805

http://www.who.int/hiv/mediacentre/MCrecommendations_en.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/circumcision.htm

Again, nice sources Bro! And could you care to tell me why a rather useless increase in sensitivity outweighs a slight benefit?

>> No.2509905

>>2509835

those stats about preventing STD's are incredibly retarded. Just fucking wear a condom like your supposed to and cut down on risk in general. I'd rather put a rubber than cut my foreskin anyways. Oh, and this.

http://www.cirp.org/pages/anat/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6QI5IoWP50

>> No.2509915

>>2509815
see
>>2509835

Never worried about early ejaculations; fucked for fifteen minutes during my virginity-loss event. Don't like setting aside an hour for sex every damn time though so I've trained myself to come pretty much on command. Some girls like to be fucked hard, others like pressure against particular cuntspots. Lucky, circumcised me, I can do it all.

Plus also my cock doesn't smell if I don't spend five minutes cleaning it in the shower.

What can you dudes who've been snipped tell me about the hygiene difference?

>> No.2509944

No doctor in the civilised world recommends it let alone insist upon it

>> No.2509955

You idiots are spending too much time on 4chan, looking at cut vs uncut threads and shit like that. There are no significang benefits for either one to compensate for the surgery or to avoid it at all costs.

Doctors know what they are doing here. If you have problems with you dick's skin, you cut it off, just like you remove your tonsils if it gets too infected. You don't say it's better to live without tonsils because they don't get infected right? Same fucking thing. You would also not remove them if you don't have to.

It's not mutilation and it's not important unless needed.

Religious circumcision is a whole other problem, because it's not for the sake of health and it's imposed by the parents to their children, for something that will last forever.

>> No.2509976

>>2509815
I was circumcised at 16 under my own decision (I also didnt have much problems with my foreskin, altho my glans were UBER sensitive).

Honestly it was one of the worst decisions of my life (not THE worst however). Not because of the actual objective sensation loss, because honestly there isn't that much of a difference in pleasure during sex. But I do feel like something's "missing" and that it was a mistake to remove a crucial part of my penis. I'll try to simplify it to pros and cons.

CIRCUMCISION
PROS:
1) Never have to worry about washing it, and hardly any smell (altho i kind of like the "dick" smell, it's a natural aphrodesiac imo).
2) Much less pain associated with the glans. (altho it does desensitize the glans, it makes it more durable) which can allow for rougher and longer sex without fear of the foreskin tearing or any bullshit.

Circumcision CONS:
1) Less natural, sensitive, and is also irreversible.
2) More difficult to masturbate. (altho its still great and feels the relatively the same, it's just easier with a foreskin as a natural lube)
3) Loss of the "protective" feeling around the glans.
4) Much drier and abnormal.
5) Fuck jews.

>> No.2509982

>>2509976
>difficult to masturbate

oh ho ho that's what the dicksucker's job is

>> No.2509987

>>2509955
>>2509955
>>2509955

>> No.2510331

I was circumcised at 16 due to a medical condition.

I had no choice.

>> No.2510346

>>2510331

whats your opinion? did you like it before or after?

im not btw, but gathering opinions from others helps me help friends who ask about this.

>> No.2510363

>>2510331
How many other non-life threatening medical conditions have amputation as the first line of defence? If it wasn't for the tradition I doubt your doctor would have considered it.

>> No.2510387

>>2509976

>5) Fuck jews.

how is that a con?
some Jews are fucking hot.

>> No.2510399

>>2510363
Wisdom teeth. Ingrown nails. Moles. Tails.

>> No.2510400

>>2509805

Hey dude, there have been studies on the sensitivity of the glans post-circumcision, lots of them say it decreases and lots of them say it increases.

Scientists concluded that the sensitivity of the glans doesn't change much, and any change in sensitivity you may have perceived during sex is just psychological.

Got circumcised at age 16 due to medical condition just like that other anon, and really there was no noticeable change at all. Never needed lube to masturbate, sensitivity is pretty much the same, women don't give a damn about it... No reason to do it on babies, but no reason to argue so much about it either.

>> No.2510422
File: 11 KB, 501x585, jews.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2510387

>> No.2510423
File: 24 KB, 400x300, cir.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every year millions of infants have their penis mutilated. This barbaric act robs from the innocent victim thousands of sexual pleasure receptors and leaves them with disfigured genitals. It strips their body of natural protective, cleaning, and immune mechanisms: an affront to millions of years of human evolution. Furthermore, it reduces the sufferers ability to pleasure a sexual partner. Also, in addition to the unsightly physical scarring, it can cause deep psychological scarring. In some particularly sad and distressing cases, individuals left living with this disabilty choose to repress their feelings of inferiority, anger, and resentment by advocating the unnatural procedure. Others will even condemn their own children to the same fate, perpetuating a vicious cycle of abuse.

We must combat the spread of propaganda that attempts to dupe parents. We must stop the scaremongering and replace it with scientific facts. We must do something to prevent this from happening to another child. Even if you have not been directly affected by this, please think about how you would feel having to live with a part of your penis missing, and do whatever you can to help raise awareness about this issue. Together we can bring an end to penile butchery.

>> No.2510424

>>2510400

what medical condition requires circumcision?

>> No.2510436

>>2510424

Pathological Phimosis.

>> No.2510441

>>2510400

And also, bitches don't know 'bout my Foreskin Restoration.