[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 12 KB, 250x250, hugz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2483618 No.2483618 [Reply] [Original]

this may be a hurrdurr question buuuuuuuut,
have scientist found the combination of chemicals needed to create life?
do they even know exactly what makes life and how our consciousness can be a result of a chemical reaction?

pic related (cats are alive...i want hugs)

>> No.2483630

Water, 35 litres. Carbon, 20kg. Ammonia, 4 litres. Lime, 1.5kg. Phosperus, 800g. Salt, 250 g. Saltpeter, 100g. Sulphur, 80g. Fluorine, 7.5g. Iron, 5g. Silicon 3g. And trace amounts of fifteen other elements.

>> No.2483636

>>2483618
no.. it is not yet possible to make life from the lack of it..ie.. no known chemical reaction can make a living organism from chemical substances

>> No.2483642

>>2483630
that is our body, not our consciousness or life itself. its our shell, has nothing to dow ith our brain.

>> No.2483648

well than how can evolution be a proven fact, i mean empircally if the result of life cannot be replicated wouldnt it lack evidence needed to make it true?

>> No.2483661

all we know .. is that.. as apple come from trees.. life cam from rocks.. so wherever there are rocks.. be warned.. life will sprout..

>> No.2483679

>>2483630
>>2483630
MFW

>> No.2483746

The amount of time it takes for life to come about from no life is unpredictably huge. The amount of time life has been around to evolve on this planet is also relatively huge.

Humans haven't existed anywhere near the amount of time that it probably took for the exact right conditions to cause abiogenesis, and recreating the conditions of the first time life arose isn't easy being that we don't know exactly when or where it happened.

One day we will find out, and we will create life from inorganic matter, it's just a matter of time.

As to consciousness, it's the result of millions of years of natural selection, the brain slowly becoming more apt at being used for survival, consciousness gives us more than just instinct to base our decisions on.

I might be talking shit though.

>> No.2483779

>>2483746
Your right about the origns of life stuff.

Conciousness in humans grew from abstract thought. An early human (or our ancestors) could see a footprint of a type of animal he has never seen before, and still place that animal in his understanding of the world. He could imagine, remember, learn and most importantly teach this knowledge to his children and other humans.

This lead to a new type of evolution, cultural evolution. New adaptations could be passed on not only directly to the next generation, but also horizontally and backwards to surviving previous generations. This lead to advances in technology, language, hunting, survival and countless other non-physical adaptations which propelled humans above the animals.

>> No.2483834

No. Scientist has not found the combination.

Bascially, there's a missing link between inert matter and the organism. This may mean we didn't actually begin on Earth (panspermia) or we were created (Intelligent Design). I'm willing to bet there are some extinct species of proto-cell that we simply haven't discovered.

The options:

Abiogenesis - Life arised from matter on earth, we just don't have all the pieces yet. Very likely.

Panspermia - Life hitched a ride from another place in the universe. Likely.

Intelligent Design - Life came from a designer that has always existed. Very unlikely.

But that's just me, I'm not a scientist.

>> No.2483897

life as we know it, yeah they've found it

but there's a possibility aliens exist. and people usually picture them as biological forms similar to ours. if they are made of moving rocks or purely gases, that should still be considered as life. this obviously makes no sense but who knows what the fuck is out there. we don't even know half of the shit we have in deep oceans.