[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 86 KB, 803x499, 1296782008640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2478486 No.2478486 [Reply] [Original]

WHY ??
Is how even relevant if we don't know why ... ??

this is dual-thread cuz I don't expect many answers ...

Other part is brutal , relevant quotes which still have value even w/o context ...

Also NOT SCIENCE HURRDURR ...philosophy is the root of science ... at least logic ... but still philosophy is relevant... by default ..

also It would be legitimate break from religion/science threads :)

>> No.2478489

"Pointing to another world will never stop vice among us; shedding light over this world can alone help us."

>> No.2478493

science simply studies how things work; it doesn't attempt to study why. it simply explains nature the way it is.

i mean, sometimes, we find bits and pieces of the 'why' answer in the midst of our searches in the 'how' department, but it'll never be enough.

you'll drive yourself insane if you consistently focus on the 'why' of life. instead, focus on happiness. :)

>> No.2478494

>philosophy
>shitty punctuation

Pothead spotted.

>> No.2478495

i dont very much care for you op

>> No.2478496

"All I have to say is, Love one another - that is the height of all philosophy. It is beyond all religions. It is the secret of joy - the fountain of Perpetual Youth - the only rainbow on life's dark cloud

>> No.2478503

>>2478494

Just that English isn't mine first language ...
I'd appreciate more if you'd contribute ;)

>>2478493

Sure ... Polymer scientist here btw ... Not 14 y/o high kid that is into nihilism ... And quite happy with my life btw , but as we know all this shit is relative , so I just want to know how fellow scientist feel about this topic :)

>> No.2478511

le bump