[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 22 KB, 260x320, arrogant2 - kopie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2348377 No.2348377 [Reply] [Original]

1/2
Why are Richard Dawkins and a lot of atheists here on /sci/ so bussy trying to repel religion from society ?
The church and religion as a whole has no formal power what so ever. At least in western country`s, atheists have all the rights thy need in order to manifest themselves as an atheist, they are free to choose to go to chuch or not. Religion on itself does not force anyone to support certain idiologies or ideas.
(assuming a particular atheist is not raped in the ass by a satanist-sect), The worst thing that can happen to him is a religious person asking him why he doesn`t go to church, just out of curiosity.

there are many different forms of being christian, there is allmost a different interpretation for everyone (just like atheism manifests itself in many forms).
Therefor, It is impossible to argue against "christianity" as a whole.

For expamle it is not "christianity" that holded back sceintific progression in the middle ages, it`s the people who were holding back sceintific progression at that time who holded back sceintific progression, becouse of thier INDIVIDUAL interpretation of christianity.
Just like an atheist can have social-darwinism and determinism as his fulfilling of atheism.

It`s pretty coward from Dawkins and other atheists to keep picking on orthodox religious, these people often lead a romantic life and are easy targets for the well prepared atheist "intellectuals".
I consider picking easy targets over equal opponents coward.

Why keep bashing those poor people who have respectable moral values.
I would rather like to see them arguing with religious people who are critical-thinking themselves, like those religious sceintists who work at CERN or "theist" philosophers/mysticians.

>> No.2348383
File: 118 KB, 800x530, AtheistMotivation.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

2/2
Atheism was the biggest joke of the 21st century.

I`ve noticed in discussions most atheists (about 90%) have no logic explanation why they are atheist exactly.
"being atheist" has nothing to do with knowing more about the subject of god/being more intelligent.
The choice of being atheist is rather based on self-image and social-pressure.
"oh most smart people are anti-religious, so i must be an atheist because i am smart too, no doubt about that."
I guarantee you as soon as it`s not "cool" anymore to be atheist most of them will convert to theism as easy as they switch car or computer. (you see this already happening at this moment).

Sceince alone can never be enough to form a grounded and stable worldview.
Believing appears to part of human`s destiny. So why swim against the tie, and fallow a verry unlikely logic ? ?

>> No.2348393

>>2348383

>11 years into 21st century
>"ATHEISM WAS THE BIGGEST JOKE OF THE 21ST CENTURY"

>> No.2348398

in europe and latin america religion is not political at all, nor it doesnt support any particular agenda,

Catholics and protestants believe in evolution, big bang etc.

Now, in america Christianity by the shape of evangelisits, mormons and other unique USA christian-based religions have political, and social agendas.

This is why the atheist vs religious in america is such a big deal. while the rest of the world barely care at all.

>> No.2348408

>>2348398

thanks that explains alot im from europe

>> No.2348415

>>2348398
>in europe
Poland

>> No.2348417

sage

>> No.2348441

sage

>> No.2348452

>>2348398
Italy and Germany would like a word with you.

>> No.2348460

Sage for obvious troll.