[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 156 KB, 576x432, my body was not ready.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2248824 No.2248824 [Reply] [Original]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrlz6t28XE

WTF /sci/? Is the last part a hoax?

>> No.2248837

I think so. If the sound comes from the bottom of the bottle vibrating against the metal plate, as he explains, then we shouldn't hear anything when he lifts the bottle up and holds it over the magnet. But why would he lie...?

>> No.2248840

no you can even engineer a speaker with a piece of notebook paper.

>> No.2248852

>>2248837
See, that's what I thought too. Can anyone comment on this?

>> No.2248853

If you like that try searching for "singing arc".

>> No.2248861

yes when he picked it up and holding it the so called speaker was still playing and it would'nt be that powerfull to keep play with him holding trying to place it back onto the magnet.

also how the fuck could he get to voltage right to play every sound from the iphone when he could only play one wicth just the ac converter?

it would have to be ajusting the voltage a few 100 times a second thats is if it could even play that kind of sound wicth i think it can not

>> No.2248875

The coil isn't glued to the bottle is it? So it vibrates against the bottle itself.

>> No.2248888

>>2248875
it's not the coil making the sound it's the bottle hitting the metal plate

>> No.2248897

>>2248852
it's nothing that extraordinary man. You're just listening to the air pressure vibrations caused by bottle being physically moved by the wire. It's just electromagnetism, the direction of the wire's electricity (or electric field, inside the yellow rubber insulation) moving 'left' and 'right' creates perpendicular magnetic field which moves, rather oscillates, up and down so the wire's magnetic field caused by the electricity is rapidly changing but the neodynium's magnetic field is not, the invisible geometry is really simple.

tl;dr, the bottle is moving up and down because of the wire's magnetic field and neodymium magnetic field interacting

>> No.2248913

>>2248897
I can listen too. The question is, if the sound is being caused by the bottle vibrating, the why is there sound when the bottle is not touching the table?

>> No.2248914

its funny because we just did this experiment last semester in our physics.. thnx for da vid

>> No.2248926

>>2248913
>>2248888
the wire coil is rubbing against the plastic of the neck...it's not as loud as the bottle hitting the plate but it will still generate sound