[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 11 KB, 370x290, math.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2207817 No.2207817 [Reply] [Original]

/sci/, I flunked trig this semester. And it wasn't because I didn't get it - it was simply because I was slacking-off all semester and was also kinda busy with work. Feels bad, bros. Is there any hope for me? And how the fuck do I cure procrastination? Its the devil of this nation, I tell ya.

>> No.2207883

I haven't failed any class and I was a procrastinator to a power that is to large for human minds to comprehend. But this is what I did to at least skim by and pass my classes.

Every morning I would set two alarms, one that will go off very early in the morning and the other would be inserted anally and gives small electronic shocks increasing in voltage until my body begins to move at a consistent pace.

?

profit

>> No.2207895
File: 64 KB, 818x1058, trig sheet.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Trig is taught very poorly in most colleges because they expect you to teach yourself these unwieldy equations and identities. When it comes down to it, knowing how to derive a lot of the identities will save you so sit down with your textbook and learn, not memorize, exactly why sin^2 theta = 1 - cos^2 theta.

When dealing with problems that use radians, treat pi as 180 degrees, in that it can be omitted when dealing with addition/subtraction/multiplication/division. A simple way of expressing this is when you convert between degrees and radians. If you have, say, 70 degrees and you want to express it in radians, you can't just look at your unit circle. Do 70/180, simplify, add pi after the numerator, and bam, you have 70 degrees expressed in radians ( 7pi/18). To go from radians to degrees, multiply the numerator by 180, then divide by the denominator as you would in a fraction.

You want to own the fuck out of circles? Fucking remember that r^2 = x^2 + y^2. Always, Always. You like spheres? r^2= x^2 + y^2 + z^2. Don't fuck with it. Know how to complete squares, know how to derive, and don't passively memorize stupid things. Learning is not memorizing.

>> No.2207899
File: 57 KB, 818x1058, trig sheet 2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

here's another trig thing

>> No.2207913
File: 319 KB, 1280x800, clusterfuck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

alright one more

>> No.2207980
File: 44 KB, 300x303, Procastination.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2207817
Procastinator here. Hang in there anon. We finish things--just not at the same pace as others is all. You'll do it when this weird gust of 'must do' takes over you and, well, you just end up doing it.

It took me FOREVER to finish my undergrad due to this (and some other reason but largely to do with procrastination--missing registration deadlines etc.) and now starting the application process for my graduate school is going to take me forever but I'll do it--eventually.

Sometimes finding someone to answer to, so that there is some accountability, sometimes helps (ie a friend who needs a ride to trig class or someone who will encourage you to do well and follow up with you).

...or it helped me to keep my eye on the prize. If your goal is a degree--well focus on that and realize that to get to the prize you have to complete more mundane goals. I never gave myself a "timeline" which is why it took me so long--perhaps giving yourself one will help you keep focused? good luck!l