[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 731 KB, 1680x1050, ochem.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2203529 No.2203529 [Reply] [Original]

OChem final tomorrow morning. Feeling kinda fucked and have absolutely no motivation to study.

guess I can kiss being a pharmacist goodbye

>> No.2203536

Keep up with your shit throughout the semester and then studying for finals doesn't matter (in more ways than one). Know your shit already, and higher chance your final impacts your grade less.

>> No.2204184

>>2203536

Wouldn't you say it's a little late for the OP?

>> No.2204193

:(

>> No.2204199

If it's in a lecture hall just sit next to someone who you know is smart, then cheat. Easy peasy.

>> No.2204229

>>2203536
Either that, or the professor decides to assign a final based on questions that we never covered in class (in terms of difficulty) and the difficulty of the "practice" exams are like taking high school tests by comparison.

Thats what my Quantum prof did today. Then he sat in the corner grinning smugly. I'm expecting that a 35% is an A.

>> No.2204230

You wouldn't happen to be a U of T student would you?

>> No.2204238

i just finished my first semester of ochem also, i think i need like a 60 to keep an A in the class. its a really cool class, it finally gives you a real understanding of how molecules work, not just the shitty g-chem hand waving. nice chart, its nice to be able to look at a molecule and understand it's structure

>> No.2204259

If anything you study tonight feels completely foreign and new to you, you're probably fucked if you're at a competitive university.

>> No.2204288

>>2203529

At my university, just about everyone and their mothers want to be pharmacists. You better step up.

>> No.2204303

>>2203529
>>2203529
>>2203529
FUCK YOU OP !!
>Had my finals yesterday
>Studied like mad from 3AM to 7AM
>Found out that I would have failed exam without studying

So stop chilling on /sci/ and do some fucking exercices.

(btw I had to have like 80% if I wanted to avoid a fail, I think I got more than 95)

>> No.2204311
File: 44 KB, 288x306, 1292102844359.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>my ochem final tomorrow
>mfw I need a ~B to get an A in the class

feelsgoodman.jpg

but my ochem class is easy, ochemII gonna be a bitch :(

mines tomorrow too btw, 8 fucking A.M.

>> No.2204334

My GPA is 3.8 and I got into the 90th percentile on my first PCAT attempt.

you jelly

>> No.2204357

I failed college algebra and will probably fail history... to be honest I really didn't take my first semester of college seriously. ah well, each failure leads to success in one way or another.

>> No.2204374

>>2204357
>ah well, each failure leads to success in one way or another.

only because we live a welfare state where you can fail over and over. with that attitude you could fail at everything you ever do, and end up 30 years old working at mcdonald's, and feeling like a sucess, because you "found your place in the world" or some gay shit.

>> No.2204412

>>2204374
>only because we live a welfare state where you can fail over and over. with that attitude you could fail at everything you ever do, and end up 30 years old working at mcdonald's, and feeling like a sucess, because you "found your place in the world" or some gay shit.
I never implied that I like failing or that I tried to. I just made some pretty big mistakes. Come next semester I won't make the same mistakes again because I learn from them (which is what I meant). Also everybody has different ideas of what success is, some view success as simply monetary and material gain, others may view it as something different.

>> No.2204430

>>2204412
>Also everybody has different ideas of what success is, some view success as simply monetary and material gain, others may view it as something different.

yeah but see, if you have that view, then you can just continuously downgrade you expectations, until your expectations match your shitty reality. the only rational way to define success is "achieving what you set out to achieve", not "failing and then lowering your goals"

just the opinion of a moderate failure.

>> No.2204442

>>2204430
>

yeah but see, if you have that view, then you can just continuously downgrade you expectations, until your expectations match your shitty reality. the only rational way to define success is "achieving what you set out to achieve", not "failing and then lowering your goals"
hmmm interesting...

I never really thought of about it that way...