[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 29 KB, 435x347, Thanksgiving.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2186069 No.2186069 [Reply] [Original]

I need your help /sci/!

My whole family got together for thanksgiving, extened cousins, grandparents, the whole thing. Halfway through the dinner we start talking about our future goals. My older brother (who is right about to graduate high school) said he was "considering civil engineering". Everyone at the table shat bricks. My father fucking stormed out, yelling that it was all my mothers fault for always babying him. My grandmother literally fell back in her chair and started hyper-ventulating. The only one who thought it was cool was my aunt, who is very progressive, and has done some "engineering" in her day.

Ever since then my family has been in fucking shambles, no one talks to eachother. My dad comes home really late, never wants to spend time. And my mom constantly paces the house, wondering where she went wrong.

Wat should I do /sci/? He is my brother? But I don't even feel comfortable around him anymore. If there some way to change him back? Is homosexuality a choice? A genetic disorder? Cures?

>> No.2186078

>>2186069
No known cures, sorry guy

>> No.2186098

Your brother's case is desperate. He must move out to live on his own, who knows what will happen?

>> No.2186103

>>2186069
Yeah there's not much you can do really. I'd kill him and make it look like an accident. You don't want that type around ur house.

>> No.2186126

Civil engineering is a bad ass career, you do know that right?

My cousin makes 360K a year as a civil engineer