[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 9 KB, 399x276, power-balance-bracelet-black.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2127989 No.2127989 [Reply] [Original]

What does /sci/ think about these balance bracelets that people are buying?

"Power Balance® holograms are designed to work with your body's natural energy field." (www.powerbalance.com)

It sounds like typical pseudoscience snake oil shit to me.

Also, found this on the legal section of their site:

"POWER BALANCE attempts to be as accurate as possible with regard to the description of its products. However, POWER BALANCE does not warrant that all product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by POWER BALANCE itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in an unused condition.'

>> No.2127996

>>holograms are designed to work with your body's natural energy field
what

>> No.2127999

>product doesn't work?
>return it unused

herp derp find out if it works or not before using it

I could make so much money out of stupid people, if only I lacked a conscience :(

>> No.2128007

>>2127989
>>2127999
The sad thing is, some of my retarded co-workers claim that it works. I don't know why in the fuck they'd need it if they work in an office anyway, but whatever.

>> No.2128010

they always talk about your body's "energy field" what the hell is that? do they still talk about auras or did they update that pseudoscience?

>> No.2128012

>>2127999
>>2127999

>I could make so much money out of stupid people, if only I were brown, therefore lacked a conscience.

fix'd

>> No.2128016

100% placebo, they are 10 cents worth of plastic that do nothing, but since the placebo effect is directly related to money spent the tards that drop 80 bucks or whatever on them think they are magic.

i approve of separating fools from their money and i like that it makes the idiots that wear them easily distinguishable as idiots and therefore i approve of all kinds of hologram and magnet bracelets.

>> No.2128036
File: 78 KB, 725x599, 1282519001382.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hate snake-oil salesmen, and I hate even more the stupid people who never bothered to learn shit from Shinola(tm) when they were twelve, like the rest of us.

But what I REALLY hate is the fact that the advertising studios, the factory workers, etc. are compelled to bring this product to market. I'd hate to be in advertising, knowing i'm writing copy for pushing nonsense into the world.

But the pinnacle of my hate goes to the fact that these bullshit artists will make a ton of money imposing their "stupidity tax" on easily-impressed idiots. If I got 1 million stupid people to give me a dollar, I'd be a millionaire. Would I show my face at the country club? "Yeah, I got rich selling nonsense to stupid people."

And THAT is what's sad. Spending your life NOT earning other's respect or doing anything productive.

>> No.2128037

My aunt would probably buy this thing. Last time she was asked what religion she belongs to she said "Indian"... as in native American Indian...

>> No.2128048

Don't they pass this out at scientology centers?

>> No.2128083

>>2128010
>>2128010
Just like they updated snake oil to herbal supplements and acai berries.