[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 12 KB, 250x167, shark.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2117038 No.2117038 [Reply] [Original]

>Military organizations' research has recently focused on the utilization of cyborg animals for inter-species relationships for the purposes of a supposed tactical advantage. DARPA has announced its interest in developing "cyborg insects" to transmit data from sensors implanted into the insect during the pupal stage. The insect's motion would be controlled from a MEMS, or Micro-Electro-Mechanical System, and would conceivably surveil an environment and detect explosives or gas. Similarly, DARPA is developing a neural implant to remotely control the movement of sharks. The shark's unique senses would be exploited to provide data feedback in relation to enemy ship movement and underwater explosives.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i-_1QdY2Zc&feature=related

HOLY SHIT!! Darpa is making cyborg sharks! I knew those guys were evil

>> No.2117049
File: 110 KB, 1272x369, the furvolution of trollface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Military organizations' research has recently focused on the utilization of cyborg animals for inter-species relationships
>focused on the utilization of cyborg animals for inter-species relationships
>cyborg animals for inter-species relationships
>for inter-species relationships
> inter-species relationships

I KNEW IT.

DARPA IS RUN BY FURRIES.

This is all part of that social-communist Obamacare Illuminati conspiracy, I'll tell you what!

>> No.2117057

I think engineering other animals to participate in human conflict is a new low. It wouldn't be right for people to provide armed assistance to competing territories of lions, would it?

Warfare has the potential to destroy all life on this planet, recruiting other species is a more blatant way of advertising human's lack of control.

>> No.2117059
File: 2.10 MB, 1399x1348, Picture 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw i live about 2 blocks away from the DARPA building and it doesnt seem all that impressive a place.

>> No.2117062

FFXIII much?