[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 326 KB, 700x1052, eyes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2105231 No.2105231 [Reply] [Original]

God tier
Mathmetician >Physicist>Engineer>Chemist>

Shit tier
Medicine

>> No.2105234

Physicist > Mathematician > Chemist > Engineer

*fixed*

>> No.2105235

Swap chemist with engineer. Chemists are scientists, engineers just use science and maths that they don't understand.

>> No.2105238

yet medicine earns more than all those combined

>> No.2105240

>>2105231 Engineer

Engineer is to chemistry as vegetable is to potato. It doesn't belong in this list without a specifier.

>> No.2105242

>>2105234

GOD TIER
Physicist > Chemist

SHIT TIER
Engineer > Medicine

INCOMPARABLE TIER
Maths

>> No.2105243

God Tier:

Biology

Shit tier:

Physics and Math

>> No.2105248

GOD TIER:
Maths, Philosophy

GREAT TIER
Hard Sciences

GOOD TIER
Social Sciences

SHIT TIER
Arty Stuff

ABYSMAL TIER
theology

>> No.2105251

>>2105248

Philosophy came before the maths.

>> No.2105253

>>2105251
They're not in any particular order, they're both equal tier. I think they're really the same thing, they're "formal sciences".

>> No.2105255 [DELETED] 

God tier:
maths, physics, chem, bio

good tier:
medicine/law

mid tier:
social sciences

low tier:
liberal arts

shit tier:
engineering of any type

gay tier:
homosexual male prostitute

>> No.2105257

Seriously... Anyone who puts anything but math above physics is just being silly and should be disregarded.

>> No.2105262

Atheist Tier
Programmer , Network systems manager

GOD TIER
Code Monkey, database manager

High Tier
sys admin

mid tier
online tech support

low tier
computer repair

shit tier
phone tech support, in person tech support

troll tier
anything with tech support in it

>> No.2105265

God tier:
maths, physics, chem, bio

good tier:
medicine/law

mid tier:
social sciences

low tier:
liberal arts

shit tier:
education

gay tier:
engineering of any type

>> No.2105267

>>2105251
butthurt tier

>> No.2105272

>God Tier
Men
>Bad tier
Women
>Shit beyond no compare tier
Dezoribamen(Third sex)

>> No.2105293
File: 49 KB, 400x410, 1290289934969.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

God-tier: /b/, /sp/, /v/
Fag-tier: /sci/

>> No.2105299

itt butthurt fags with low-paying degrees

>> No.2105325

God-Tier: Physics = Chemistry = Biology
Great Tier: Computer Science
Mediocre Tier: Medicine, Engineering,
Shit Tier: Psychology, Sociology.
Not useful Tier: Politics, Philosophy, Theology and Art
Cancer Tier: Business, Law, Economics

>> No.2105338

>>2105231
God Tier
Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science
Decent Tier
Biology, Chemistry
Eh Tier
Medicine, Law, Economics, Business
Fuck Tier
Art Bullshit, English, Liberal Arts
GTFO Tier
Jewish/Black/Womans studies

>> No.2105348

>>2105325
you flipped mediocre and great

also Law shouldn't exist, but since we're a flawed race it is pretty important.

>> No.2105369

Im majoring in Biology,whats so good about it and where does it lead?

>> No.2105380

>>2105348

Nah man computer science and Artificial Intelligence progression is one of the most important things humanity and also for improving scientific analysis of the hard sciences.

Too many doctors don't have a clue and just prescribe any shit the pharmaceutical companies give them.

Engineers well they're just gay.

>> No.2105399

Why are some people rating Chemistry low? It's the core science motherfuckers!

>> No.2105409

>>2105380
>Nah man computer science and Artificial Intelligence progression is one of the most important things humanity and also for improving scientific analysis of the hard sciences.
doesn't matter if everyone is sick, dying, and health care is unaffordable

>Too many doctors don't have a clue and just prescribe any shit the pharmaceutical companies give them.
okay, good point

>Engineers are just gay
yeah but they're useful gay

(chemist)

>> No.2105412

>>2105399
It is a A core science, not THE core science.
If anything can be called THE core science it would be physics fore sure.
Also, i ranked chemistry 3rd.
Physics > Math > Chemistry

>> No.2105434

God tier-
Computer Science / Mathematics > physics > chemistry > biology > engineering

shit tier-
anything else

>> No.2105435

I advise people having trouble deciding between the sciences to check out my major: Applied Mathematics.

I wholeheartedly recommend it to someone who finds himself enamored with the logical underpinnings of the sciences and the practical use of mathematics to make those sciences operate at the most efficient level. Hell, I'd even recommend to people in subjects like economics or business who want more than jargon from their degree.

>> No.2105438

>>2105434
Look at the cute comp sci kid trying to jump on the Mathwagon.

>> No.2105490

>>2105231
how in the fuck does biology beat out engineering?

>> No.2105521

Say all you want about medicine, but what are you going to do when you're sick? All your knowledge about Math isn't going to save you
That makes Medicine > Everything else by default.

U jelly?

>> No.2105541

>>2105521

The metal work reconstructing my ankle was only possible because of the work of mathematicians and engineers.

Medicine and their 'doctors' are just the glorified mechanics that fitted it.

>> No.2106322

>>2105231
and medicine comes from basically chemistry and biology, medicine are just faggots who hand out pills, I mean, shit, god tier, good tier, and decent tier are all useful, (liberal arts fags == never useful) but teh arguement is who is most useful.

>> No.2106364

any type of engineer > any real science = lol

>> No.2106366
File: 46 KB, 1205x308, logicians.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.2106387

I don't see how anything can beat out Math or Physics... Math is obviously first, Physics is an extremely close second. Then again, this is just a double major in Math/Physics talking.

>> No.2106393

>>2105242
>>2105242
>>2105242
>>2105242
this

>> No.2106414

>>2106387
math is just applied logic

>> No.2106430

>>2105231
Sir, I have to disagree.

Physics&Math&Medicine >> EVERYTHING ELSE

>> No.2106435

>>2106414
Nobody cares. You're a shitty philosophy student trying to feel good on a troll board. You're probably circumcised and a liberal too.

>> No.2106500

Engineering Physics student here. Please don't do one engineering heading, we hate being in the same heading as the Mining guys.

>> No.2106532

>>2106500
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly do you study as an Engineering Physics major? Is it like a sampling of electrical, mechanical, and chemical engineering courses or something? The schools I went to didn't offer it.

>> No.2106557

>Shit tier
>Medicine

ALRIGHT FAGGOT I WANNA SEE YOU SAYING THAT AFTER YOU GET A SERIOUS DISEASE

MOTHERFUCKING IGNORANT ASSHOLE TRYING TO DESPISE MEDICINE

>> No.2106586

>>2106532

Where I go (UBC), it's the better part of an Honours Physics degree, and a healthy mix of mech and elec courses, with enough of one of those to be professionally certifiable (Canadafag). However, it varies widely by institution.

>> No.2106723
File: 65 KB, 600x1075, l_a2450d43417e4cad8091420bf4a4c081.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Logic. Logic rules all.

>> No.2106769

>>2106557
>>2106557
Medicine is shit. Medicine is just memorization and regurgitation. It takes no real thinking skills.

Just so all you pre-med faggots know
Dr.House=/=real doctor

>> No.2106778

While I don't buy into this pathetic ranking of majors (as far as I'm concerned it's /sci/s dose of cancer) I am interested in why there is hate for medicine. Is it simply a pay cheque thing or something deeper?

>> No.2106825

engineer = here's that new bridge across the canyon; now you can get there in less than an hour instead of two days

medical doctor = your mom's gonna make it, she's gonna live

mathematician = herp derp i must solve this 11th dimensional equation

>> No.2106837

>>2106769
What about the ER? You're not memorizing anything, you're pretty much saving the guy only with your skill and instinct.

>> No.2106844

>>2106778
money doesn't matter.

It's because of what is required to "do medicine" versus what is required to "do physics", or chemistry or mathematics.

If you ask a doctor a medical question and they have to think about it, what they are doing is trying to recall stored information like a computer.
However, if you ask a physicist a question and they have to think about it, what they are doing is using problem solving skills to solve the problem for you right there on the spot.

The media has it all wrong. They seem to think doctors are fast thinking witty geniuses, while physicists and mathematicians are brainiacs who just learn fact after fact..
In reality it's the closer to being the opposite of this.

>> No.2106847

>>2106769
You know this because you study medicine, right?

No say it because you're angry and hate pre-meds.

I'm a medic taking a year out to get a BSc in pharmacology as I enjoy the thinking elements to it and working it out from first principals. Many medic friends of mine are like this as well, we go to a school with a progressiveness curriculum based around problem solving. However, I know not all medics are like that and some are little fact whores. Based in the UK, so thankfully I didn't have to endure these pre-med pricks (and they really do sound like utter twats).

Give medics a chance, we're not all like the pre-meds you've met, seems apt to close with

Medics=/=pre-meds

>> No.2106883

http://www.medschoolhell.com/2006/10/26/medical-school-in-a-nutshell
/thread

>> No.2106885

>>2106844
True in part and that is exactly how some medics learn, however learning from first principals as I said in the other post makes medicine so much more effective.

>> No.2106886

>>2106769
ok.

first, i'm not a pre-med

second, i haven't watched house since the first episode. that is a terrible show and extremely unrealistic.

third, you don't have to become a doctor and practice medicine just because you went to medical school. I'm an oncologist and currently a researcher.

take that frivolous idea of "physicists and mathematicians becoming teachers automatically after they graduate or B.Meds becoming doctors right after they step out of school" out of your head. you sound like a kid or a very alienated person.

>> No.2106892

>>2106883
That is a depressing look at it, my experiences have been markedly diferent.

>> No.2106911

>>2106892
Tell us about it anon

>> No.2106918

Engineer is pro-est

>> No.2106927

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5X64QCDVnI

even nigger physicist know that medicine is shit tier.

>> No.2107164

>>2106911
New medical school in the UK (no pre-med here, fuck yeah).

Problem based learning, groups of 10 of us get together, set a case and have to take away learning points from the case. Example would be 53yo female, overweight, diabetic, numbness in feet, worried about losing them. Come back in a week and discuss it having learnt about the ramifications and control of diabetes aswell as pathophysiology.

In hospitals from early on, though not really trusted to contribute till third year.

Exam times are sweet, many people (that sound like the pre-med type you all so hate) complain about the lack of a formal curriculum. Vast papers with no possible way of memorising these kind of facts. Instead learn from first principals and apply biology/chemistry. Sneaking suspicion I'm in the top 5%

>> No.2107300

>>2107164
Sounds pretty chill

>> No.2107368
File: 13 KB, 300x355, 01156-funny-cartoons-doctors.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2105231

This spurs a brief rant on the whole 'med school' shmed school ordeal + healthcare Sys. oops that 2nd one was not originally intended.

1. bedside manners please?
2. most doctor's don't give about patients. They care about their career + income + reputation + power.
3. med school = torture for most people. C'mon, smartypants, think of a way to make it more tolerable and less hostile.
4. b/c dr's care mostly about money, sure Big Pharma, i'll prescribe Whatever The Fuck You Give Me. and Sure, I'll eat Fancy Free Food while you talk to me about your New Pills
5. Anyone with a heart and brain big enough to do genuine doctorly work want to find out how you can grow more doctors like yourself? I would certainly love that.

In the end - fuck the traditional bureaucracy. If it's not working, cut your losses and try something new. Stop pushing on with tradition when it doesn't work.

>> No.2107538

ultimate being tier:
Philosopher, Physicist, Mathmetician

>> No.2107548

>>2105231
A bit late here, but good luck with surviving without any shhit tiers, OP.

>> No.2107580

doctors : actually help people

mathmaticians, physicsts : introverted people who study useless shit that doesn't help anyone but people like because it makes them feel "smart" and gives them a false sense of superiority

yup good priorities /sci/

>> No.2107758
File: 304 KB, 1600x1200, kjhg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2107580
you call someone who makes easily curable diseases and ailments into a lifelong cures requiring ever more complicated chemical cocktails that do little more than provide more ailments to treat.....help?

You sir, are an idiot.

>> No.2107774

>>2107538

Take away Physicist, then we can talk

>> No.2107809
File: 15 KB, 213x237, Desu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2107758
How the fuck is your statement even remotely correct? (assuming you are not talking about quacks and idiots trying to cure the cold and that you are not some religious fanatic)

>> No.2107852
File: 153 KB, 200x200, 1284620641023.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2107809
what?

you never noticed that doctors are paid for making you "better" instead of being paid for keeping you healthy to begin with?

The Japanese had the right idea, but then we bombed the hell out of them and turned them to our way of thinking

you never noticed that every prescription doctors hand out is peppered with side effects that are more often more trouble than the original problem?

or that the medical industry can't make money if they cured stuff in one go?

it does seem a little odd don't you think?

i never said doctors individually think like this or live day to day intentionally doing this...the industry however demands such things and backwards way of thinking just to turn a profit...

you do know it's a business right?
Business 101 teaches the basics of repeat clientele and why business needs it to survive.

>> No.2107895
File: 58 KB, 512x466, 4532qrw2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i have trouble getting good quality sleep regularly

what does doctor do?

why he hands out a varied series of pills that *could* cause brain hemorrhaging, rectal bleeding, heart palpitations, vivid nightmares, headaches, itching, elevated blood pressure, and a whole host of nasty things that they can recommend OTHER pills for
(we know because they must legally disclose such things...and that's only because they were caught trying to hide it)

Yet my local shaman would just give me a chamomile plant to grow and make tea as needed out of and a few new meditation routines to try out...

go ahead....
take a wild stab in the dark which "prescription" has worked the best and the most consistently for me.

Now guess which one is the poorest out of the "professionals"

tell me again which one is the true doctor that gives a shit about me as a person.

>> No.2107902

>>2107580

clearly you think that medecine is made by the pixie faries, but jeeze lucy i can't believe you weren't told the shocking truth. Listen closely, the truth is that scientists make the medecine for the doctor to to give to you. i know its a big shock so you can just lay down on this here couch.

>> No.2107920
File: 2 KB, 94x126, 1286163578809.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2107902
wow.

that IS a shocker...
Good thing all those doctors don't have to answer a bunch of greedy heartless money grubbing monsters in nice suits and shiny sports cars, who don't give a rat's ass about any "oath".

Could you imagine if those kind of horrid people actually made the decision whether or not a new chemical was "safe enough" to be marketable?

this is a relief. Thank you for easing my obvious paranoia.

I'm fine now.

no, really i am. Scout's honor even

>> No.2107925

Un-God tier:
Biology>Geology>Chemistry

God (theistard) Tier:
Mathmetician >Physicist>

Homosex tier:
engineers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&gt
;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&gt
;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&gt
;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>meds

>> No.2107928

>>2107852
you can't seriously blame the docs for being unwilling pawns to big-pharma's circle-jerking "research"

seriously with all these lobbies and corruption how could you expect from a honest doctor perform indepedent clinical trials and research without being labeled as a charlatan?

>> No.2107945

>>2107902

Nope businessmen who just want to make money off the medical industry sell them the drugs, which Biochemists that made them in the INDUSTRY have to pass the MINIMUM amount of safety tests with the FDA.

>> No.2107946
File: 47 KB, 258x314, 1287916202763.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2107928
I most certainly can...they know exactly what they are getting into, they are not idiots man.
they also do whatever they can to ignore it even to the point they actually think they are doing good.

they know better though in those quiet self reflecting hours of the night...

my charlatan shaman seems to do quite well despite all the chaos you describe respected professional doctors being "forced" to cope with.

can he perform surgery and complicated micro reconstruction surgery?
Of course not...then again the professionals that do that sort of thing seem to attempt to get you off their chemical brews as quickly as possible more often than not and are pleased as pie never to see you again

you find nothing odd about any of it?

>> No.2107959

>>2107928

If they were actually smart enough to know the damage they were causing with certain prescriptions, they would immediately not prescribe them and form a union.
This is mostly what Doctors do:
- Patient enters room,
- Analyses symptoms quickly by either asking them and checking vital organs.
- Gives you questionnaire
- Types symptoms into his computer.
- Computer gives him answer what to prescribe
- Sends you off to the pharmacy next door.

HOW FUCKING HARD.

>> No.2107987

ITT: MadMedFags

>> No.2107991

Who gives a fuck? Who is the girl in OP's pic?

>> No.2107994

wow. both sides are fucking retarded. nothing wrong with medicine, nothing wrong with physics and maths. let's stick together and fight the real enemy: arts students.

>> No.2108018

>>2107946
I won't blame you for being a hippie faggot (I am) but I think you have some strong biases leading you to generalizations.

My pa was an M.D. (retired cardiologist). He used to perscribe mainstream pharma drugs and recieve "bonuses" from lobbies. I know it sounds unethical but smaller pharmaceutical companies (with similar goal: profit) were cutting deals with Doctors to perscribe poorly tested drugs that my father avoided. I know that you will doubt his motives but being revered and exalted among his wider social circle and patients were more important to him than moneys (we never were particularly wealthy and he used to buy himself drugs for patients they were too poor to afford them and their health was at risk). He knew that the big-pharma is heavily corrupt (and benefited from that as long as he would not cause harm) but he also knew their drugs were of lower risk and greater effectiveness than snake-oils and cheap drugs awaiting for trials out there.

It's not like he had the means to change the situ.

>> No.2108058

>>2108018
okay...so your pops was only half an ass hole

my hat's off to him...sounds like an outstanding guy

one in a million

>> No.2108070

The most trolling tier: /b/
The most trolled tier: /sci/

>> No.2108084

African-American studies major here. We're God tier.

>> No.2108087

>>2108058
thanks but i can assure you that it's not so rare... it is just that my father had a good reputation as a cardiologist and patients were flooding him like locusts so he could make some profit from safely perscripting drugs... shitloads of perscriptions

there are many honest and good docs out there but most of them are doomed being unsuccesful, unredeemably middle-class and be seen as less in the public eyes when the "succesful" and famous doctors are mostly moneymongers, asskisser and connections-dependant pseudo-elitists (and ofc always webbed to the big-pharma unless they try to promote some douche-idealist profile for a political career) giving a bad public image for M.D.s.

>> No.2108102

God tier: What I do

Shit Tier: What everyone else does.

I think we can all agree on this one

>> No.2108109
File: 38 KB, 512x342, thha54w.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2108102
this rings true to me

...especially since i do absolutely nothing and everyone else does everything

>> No.2108110
File: 62 KB, 416x431, niggastrollin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.2108129
File: 56 KB, 599x510, 1289092631951.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT poor college students who are only good at math and fail at everything else.

>> No.2108253

ITT: butthurt premed faggots

>> No.2108281
File: 63 KB, 420x433, 1289269851665.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw girls love that I'm a doctor (even if only for my money)
>mfw they laugh at you for being a faggoty nerd loser scientist

>> No.2108285

>>2108281
so you're a baby?

>> No.2108290

>>2108281
>hfw girls love that he's a doctor
>he's in med only for the money
you've just proven my point that meds are homos

>> No.2108292

>>2108290
And you just proved you can't read. He's clearly in it for the girls, who are attracted by money.

>> No.2108357

>>2108292
>even if mfw girls love that I'm a doctor (even if only for my money)
>even if
be more careful choosing words next time, anon...

your subconsious is protruding through them

>> No.2108377

>>2108281
>Going into medicine for money
wat? Enjoy your malpractice fees/lawsuits and massive student debt. Should have became a N.P./pharmacist if you wanted to have money and be in the healthcare system at the same time.

>> No.2108385
File: 95 KB, 1280x827, 6f4a8971fc952b6b_large..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Don't forget to include geologists in God tier.

Pic related. It's the typical day of a geologist.

>> No.2108403

Prime mover of all existence tier: me

God tier: Social sciences or humanities and makes more money than shit tier by working IRL

Shit tier: Natural science / math etc. degree who all end up flipping burgers

Below cock-up-the-ass-everyday shit-eating fucking faggot tier: all of you

>> No.2108421

>>2108403

This is what humanities students actually believe.

>> No.2108430

God tier
pursuing what interests you

Shit tier
pursuing what doesnt interest you

>> No.2108436

ITT: People overcompensating their little self-esteem with made up and completly senseless rankings.

>> No.2108515
File: 18 KB, 183x244, 70320032311.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

GOD TIER (improving the world by discovering new laws)
Prototype: Scientist

Math -> Inorganic physics (astronomy, earth science and chemistry) -> Organic physics (biology and sociology)

(Should be progressively studied)
GREAT TIER (improving the world by creating new useful stuff)
Prototype: Inventor

Engineering and computer programing
GOOD TIER (improving the world by creating cool new symbols)
Prototype: Designer

Art
LOW TIER (improving the world by organization and services)
Prototype: Bureaucrat

business, law, medicine, education
SHIT TIER (making the world worst)
Prototype: Politician

economics, psychology, philosophy, women studies...

>> No.2108998
File: 33 KB, 320x240, 35f06af0-7b79-41a6-b5fc-b7d3642369e4_mn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ladies Man tier: Biology,Law,Accounting

Virgin4life tier: Physics,Math,Computer Science

>> No.2109182

>>2108998
troll harder

>> No.2109198

>>2108998
nah, I'm majoring in two of the 'virgin4lyfe' ones and I have a great boyfriend

>> No.2109202

>>2108436
>medicine, education
but these things are essential
(physicist /computer engineer here, by the way)

>> No.2109219

So the less likely it is to ever be possible to apply to the real world, the better?

>> No.2109602

>>2109219
>Implying physics and mathematics aren't applied to the world

>> No.2109623

I don't see how you can even rank physicists, mathematicians, engineers or meds.

You need them all, and they are equally valuable.

>> No.2109634

IIT
>faggots who don't know the amount of mathematics, physics (classical to quantum mechanical), chemistry and biology (depending on what field you want to specialize in), economics and business studies engineering students learn.

Yo son, sometimes mathematics students come to us asking for help with their problems. Some times, physicists come and consult us before they conduct an experiment. Astronomy students come to us asking about the behaviour of fluids.

>> No.2109640

Like the cancer on /b/ (rate me threads,camwhoring,and retardness in general) these kind of threads are the worst of /sci/.... this and the religion threads.They are your cancer,and it seems everyone in here is keen on bathing /sci/ with over 9000 gamma rays.

>> No.2109657

sdf

>> No.2109698

>>2109634
It's not the "who can remember the most formulae" game.

>> No.2109718

>>2109634
Sometimes I need a plumber, doesn't exactly make him god tier. In my experience, there's a lot of variation between the different engineering studies.

>> No.2109722

>>2109640
I can't help it. Cancer and gamma rays are interesting.

>> No.2109723

>>2109634
>confusing god-tier aerofags with regular engineers
easy mistake to make, results are often catastrophic.

>> No.2109749
File: 420 KB, 1072x946, 1217.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.2109761

>>2109749
I can live with this.

>> No.2109798

>>2109749
>>2109761

im highest tier according to this so i ofc approve it.

(computer engineering fag)

>> No.2109832

>>2109749
>economics in top tier

shitniggawhatareyoudoing.jpg

>> No.2109843

>>2108515
I agree with the principles of this post but disagree with your assumption that "Bureaucratic" jobs are inherently bureaucratic.
I'm just inferring this based on your post, but anyway, this is the best and least arbitrary ranking so far.

>> No.2109844

If Biology is really just applied Chemistry, and if Chemistry is really just applied Physics, and if Physics is really just applied Mathematics, and if Mathematics is just really applied Philosophy, and if Philosophy is really just applied thinking, then what is applied thinking based from?

>> No.2109852

>>2109844

mathematics is applied logic, dumbass.

>> No.2109857

>>2109844

Biology, motherfucker.

Seriously, these circlejerk "lol my science is better than yours" threads are dumb. I am ashamed, /sci/.

>> No.2110381

>>2107991

Aishwarya Rai

>> No.2110422

How the hell is chemistry at the bottom and Engineering is higher?

Troll thread possibly?

Enginiggers just use the ideas created by history's chemists and apply them to their jobs, theres nothing better about it

>> No.2110428
File: 73 KB, 512x512, troll%20line.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.2110441

Usefulness in order.

Medicine > Engineer > Physicist > Chemist > Mathmetician

>> No.2110443

>>2110428
>All trolled
But this Troll has great history behind it. It reached true levels of epic-ness when Rutherford anounced "In science there is physics, all the rest is stamp collecting" then got the nobel prize..... in chemistry

>> No.2110451

Science/Math related field you love > Non science discipline you love > Science/Math related field for money > degree you got for just the sake of a degree

>> No.2110458

Physics=Maths>Chemistry>Biology>Non-science>Fags=OP

>> No.2110459

Niggers.

Engineers do what pussy scientists can not do.

MAKE THAT SHIT USEFUL.
Physics majors laugh at engineers.
Then Final year Engineers kick the shit out of the pussy physicists because they do something useful.

Then physics fags teach in high schools. My computing teacher is a physics fag, and he doesn't even know about the Thermoelectric effect.

Be happy being a teacher. Ill go make shitloads more than you

>> No.2110569

God-tier: Maths
Good tier: Physics
Average Tier: Engineering, Chemistry (Applied Physics)
Meh: Biology (applied everything else)

>> No.2110590

>>2110459
You forget that Engineers are nothing without Physicists and Mathematicians to actually make their work possible

>> No.2110632

Bunch of fucking amateur high schoolers on thanksgiving break, you are.

There are no tiers of science. There are only different fields of science. This isn't fucking /v/, that's not how the real world works.

A quantum physicist would be lost trying to explain to you the molecular basis for epigenetic gene silencing or to give any ideas on how the molecular structure of nuclear pore complexes actually functions (there are a variety of models going around). As would an engineer. However a molecular biologist / biochemist would be hard pressed to explain the mechanics of a jet engine or to have an in-depth discussion on M-theory.

What do you value more, working on something that could potentially revolutionize transport/energy etc, something that could potentially solve the energy crisis and/or answer the question of how and why our universe is what it is, or something that could potentially save the lives of billions of people and/or provide a literal answer to the question of how life arose and why humans are unique on this planet? All scientific fields (excluding engineering since that is essentially applied physics/math/chemistry, not a research field) have potential for enlightening our species and ushering in new epochs of existence. It's just a matter of preference.

>> No.2110646

>>2110459

And doctors make like 3-4x times as much money as engineers, physics and chemistry researchers ever will. And doctors/surgeons literally save lives. It's their fucking job and no one else besides them is qualified to do it. Biology has the last laugh here.

>> No.2111082

>>2108430
this. fuck money and fuck capitalism