[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 10 KB, 300x300, 1289776866490.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2065812 No.2065812 [Reply] [Original]

My dumbass electrician brother-in-law told me, "You know, there's just as much to learn being an electrician as there is in science."

Really? How can there be more to know than INFINITE KNOWLEDGE!??

He thinks this btw because he works with some guy that used to be a lab tech told him this, and that all he did was pipet shit all day.

I have two biology degrees btw and am going for a PhD. This cunt only has a trade certificate but he thinks he's better than me because he makes more money (for now), and I couldn't really say anything to him because I have to keep the peace with the rest of my wife's simpleton family.

Fucking anti-intellectuals don't realize that being anti-intellectual is just as elitist. Fuck.

That's all, just had to rage to someone that would understand.

>> No.2065816

>science
>infinite knowledge

lolno

>> No.2065835

It is debatable whether or not biology is a real science as well

>> No.2065839

>>2065812
What you can learn as an electrician is only limited by the current scope of technology and your understanding of mathematics.
The same is true in science.
You both take nearly a decade to learn what it is that you do. The difference is you discover things that increase mankind's knowledge of the universe and he doesn't.

Also, he'll probably make more money than you until you eventually settle to become a medical researcher or miraculously become a professor.

Also, a biologist thinks he's an intellectual.

>> No.2065840

wouldn't everything there is to know about being an electrician be included in science? Excluding of course the customer/business side of things.

>> No.2065863
File: 79 KB, 1224x678, atheist science manifest as a being.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]