[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 7 KB, 480x360, kira laugh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2004683 No.2004683[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I need some physics guys to help me tear this status up. Basically, this guy's a faggot in a first year physics class at some bullshit university. He's trying to flaunt his "intellectual brilliance" by writing a series of gay stories about physics.

Here's something he wrote recently:

my fingers preform kinetic energy. As I push each key down, my fingers overcome the keys' static friction, and the kinetic energy from my fingers subsequently transfer into the keys of the keyboard. With the opposing force of static friction overpowered, a new opposing friction is born, known as kinetic friction, opposing the key's journey to the bottom of the keyboard ever more.

I know he's using these terms wrong. You can't perform kinetic energy; that doesn't make sense. Also, you're overcoming the keys' normal force, not its static friction.

Can you help me find all the errors in this paragraph so I can shove it in his face?

In the name of science lads! thank you all

>> No.2004695

That guys writing is worse than twilight fan fiction that's been thrown up and shat out twice.....

>> No.2004697
File: 50 KB, 640x480, Dexter face reaction.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bump

>> No.2004698

Oh sweet Sagan that is horrible.

Well first of all he's overcoming the force of the spring that keeps the key up, not its fucking static friction. ...preform KE? wat? I mean..oh there is just so much wrong with this...It's painful...

>> No.2004701

>>2004683
Preform is not a word, you don't overcome the key's friction, you overcome the resistance to flexure of the rubber resistance pad under the key, and the rest is just gobbledegook horseshit that doesn't make enough sense to disprove.

>> No.2004709

Dammit, there is no resistive contact friction.

Instead of Ek, he's applying some force F,app on the keys.

Isn't it better to simplify a keyboard key as a spring (which is what it is)? So F,app stores energy down into this spring. Upon release, the spring is restored back to original position.

>> No.2004737

Please post his Facebook. That would be fantastic.

>book overice

>> No.2004738

>my fingers preform kinetic energy

your friend is 14 years old and autistic

>> No.2004739
File: 61 KB, 598x450, haters-gonna-hate-32402-1270523864-28jj6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2004683
Actually, if you knew more physics, yall would relize that what he says is correct.

>my fingers preform kinetic energy

Ok, nothing worng with this, just poetic

>As I push each key down, my fingers overcome the keys' static friction

This is true, to move somthing, you most overcome its static friction

>kinetic energy from my fingers subsequently transfer into the keys of the keyboard

Nothing fake about energy transfer

>With the opposing force of static friction overpowered, a new opposing friction is born, known as kinetic friction

This is also correct, once static friction is overcome, you have to deal with kinetic friction

This guy actually knows his shit, WHY YOU HATING OP?

>> No.2004744
File: 38 KB, 165x289, GunshowStare.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2004739
DIAF.

>> No.2004747
File: 147 KB, 750x550, 1288609947082.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Can you help me find all the errors in this paragraph so I can shove it in his face?

No, cause there are no errors in his shit. He is using terms correctly (although a little too poetic for my tatstes). You are a fucking retard.