[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 28 KB, 300x279, logic_models-300x279[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1999778 No.1999778 [Reply] [Original]

I've been reading /sci/ for a few days now and I've seen a few threads about how logic/math is most fundamental. I don't know much about logic and my math hasn't been very rigorous or formal, so should I start by getting an intro logic textbook? Is there one you'd recommend?

Or what do you consider the optimum path to becoming /sci/?

>> No.1999875

You've come across the dullest motherfuckers of /sci/ who make me angry everytime I come here.

Don't expect a logic textbook to give you any valuable insight on the natural sciences, don't expect it to inspire you in any way, and that comes from a math major.

>Or what do you consider the optimum path to becoming /sci/?
History of science and non-Kaku pop science are good entry points.

>> No.2000105

>>1999875
thanks for the reply bro

But I've been thinking of getting into cognitive science stuff, and I want to understand why math works, so I still want to know where to start as far as logic goes. It sounds interesting either way.

History of science sounds good too. I got Asimov's Chronology of Science and Discovery but never got around to it. It seems like a huge list of facts though, not very readable.

>> No.2000458

bump, I should have called engineers faggots or something

>> No.2002014

k one more bump before I just look on Amazon. idk if I can trust them for reviews though