[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.99 MB, 154x115, 1269839202022.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1996430 No.1996430 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /sci/, undergraduate physcs major here. I've been tasked with writing a journal article on a previous experiment. Never wrote one before so I really don't have much of an idea of what I'm supposed to do.

Do you guys have any general tips? I'm kinda fumbing in the dark here.

>> No.1996488

This is going to sound stupid, but think back to when you did science fairs (if you did them). You should start off with a synopsis telling basically what the experiment was about, why you're doing it, what you hope to learn from it, etc. Then you should give a technical description of how you conducted the experiment, including graphics is a good thing (don't make it all about them, though, it's not a pop-up book). Give the results of the experiment and what their implications are. I would also talk to my some of my professors and get their opinion (and obviously talk to the one who assigned this and ask for advice on what he's expecting you to do).