[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 55 KB, 426x639, MilkyWayRoad_landolfi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1974199 No.1974199 [Reply] [Original]

Do any other intelligent people here have problems with explaining/talking/writing whatever pops up in their heads?
Everything I think I just can't convert it to normal language the way I want it.
Which makes me come off most of the time like a retard.
I don't have autism, and I'm not a savant.
I consider myself very very intelligent and I can understand/solve any problem with enough time and motivation.
But I am very focused inside my head instead of the real world, so much that this includes even writing something down is too hard for me.
I often think so fast that I forget entire words when I type sentences.
Reading is fine though, I can read the most advanced things from S. Hawking and understand it perfectly and even correct some things, but when I want to tell someone else about my own theories I just can't I cannot convert my ideas into text on paper.

What the fuck is wrong with me?
Anyone else have these problems?

>> No.1974216
File: 40 KB, 450x377, 1104796645.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this sometimes happens to me

>> No.1974238

same here.

Fucking hard when I need to argue.

>> No.1974259

I'm usually highly articulate when engaging in factual conversation, and do well mostly unless it involves explaining personal emotions/feelings.

>> No.1974265

>>1974238

It feels like I have to slow my brain down to actually convert my brain-image into words.

>> No.1974275

Same here, OP.
I'm a fast visual thinker, a feature which takes its toll on communication.

>> No.1974292

ITT: normal people who get nervous in social situations, also narcissists

>> No.1974315

>>1974292

>nope.avi

>> No.1975363

way to solve: join a debate team....join student government if option is available....essentially, put yourself out of your comfort zone 100% and spend a lot of time there. Communication can be learned. Also, try to study the use of vivid language and practice applying it.

>> No.1977000

Same problem.
I really get off-topic because it's easier to think faster and solve stuff faster then discussing it thus leaving me looking stupid for not staying on-topic.

>> No.1977107

Bump for justice.

>> No.1977135

Who were you trying to tell your ideas to?

>> No.1977140

im sorry OP but I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying here. it is or it isn't hard to express things in words?

>> No.1977145

Everybody most likely does to some extent.
Sometimes I think it's because when trying to explain an idea to its foundations, you discover that those foundations are shit or that you wouldn't be able to defend them in front of whoever you would like to convince.
But also you should probably remind yourself that probably most of the time you aren't thinking right and have shit ideas, or don't even realize you have none but are just repeating shit you're used to hear without knowing how to defend it or how it works. I think to be aware of that you should try to see and understand how other people think.
But whatever.

>> No.1977165

>>1977140
i chuckled

>> No.1977251

bloated ego

>> No.1977265

Do what Malcolm X did, except without the going to jail part. Read the Dictionary many times and soon you will be able to articulate your thoughts more efficiently.

>> No.1977268
File: 11 KB, 197x300, 000aea4d_medium..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1974199
>I can read the most advanced things from S. Hawking and understand it perfectly
>read brief history of time, read grand design, coped with the high school math

pic related. hawking himself describes it as unreadable

>> No.1977312

I'm alot like that too OP.

Is English your second-language by chance?

I ask because in myself I've chalked it up to the fact that I didn't learn English until Kindergarten, after which point I became the top reader in all my classes during the early grades, but distanced myself from literature around 3rd grade when I realized the jump from my reading level to the higher grades was too far from the rate I was capable of learning at between school (this was in Florida where everyone sucks at reading) and my Spanish-speaking parents.

I think my lack of interest in reading from that point on deteriorated my ability to formulate my thoughts into words, even though I've remained a good reader like yourself.

>> No.1977316

>>1974199
>I can read the most advanced things from S. Hawking and understand it perfectly and even correct some things
you should be careful about yourself when saying those kind of things. I'm not saying you're wrong, even though I think I should assume you probably are by default because it is improbable, but you should yourself be wary of what you think that may be distorted for obvious narcissistic reasons.
As for explaining yourself, maybe simple practice ? Try clarifying on paper ideas you have on one specific topic. If you're disappointed in the result, try again later on something else.

>> No.1977320

>>1974199

The symptoms you are describing are indicative of neurodegeneration. Neurodegeneration is the umbrella term for the progressive loss of structure or function of neurons, including death of neurons. Many neurodegenerative diseases including Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and Huntington’s occur as a result of neurodegenerative processes. As research progresses, many similarities appear which relate these diseases to one another on a sub-cellular level. Discovering these similarities offers hope for therapeutic advances that could ameliorate many diseases simultaneously. There are many parallels between different neurodegenerative disorders including atypical protein assemblies as well as induced cell death.

>> No.1977339

>>1974199
I'm the mayor of XYZ and a well known professional opiononist. It is my expert opinion that you are onion.

>> No.1977350

>>1977320

Nice wikipedia copy paste

>> No.1977359

Same thing here, OP. I understand abstract concepts quite well. Never had a problem with that, but putting ideas into words and writing a good-sounding paper is very difficult. That is what worries me the most. I'm going to have to write a lot soon.

>> No.1977365

>>1977350

well spotted. now what?

>> No.1977387

hey OP. What you feel is one reason (but not the only reason) I don't have a hard time deciding not to socialize.

>> No.1977396

>>1977387
What are the other reasons?

>> No.1977404

>>1977396
I'm conversations rarely engage me

>> No.1977655

>>1977365

Now you go kill yourself.

>> No.1977659

>>1977655

Your prediction failed. Now what?

>> No.1977827
File: 137 KB, 500x497, 1283888071747.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1974199
>I consider myself very very intelligent and I can understand/solve any problem with enough time and motivation.

Seeing your OP, You`re probebly just a frustrated 13 year old euroboy or adult american mr know-it-all.

You are just blaming a shortcoming with the argument that you are "too intelligent".

If you can`t come along with your fellow students then thats a shortcoming, nothing more.

Just go to a school that`s easyer or get a job you are capable of doing (you`re probebly too arrogant get a job on your level).

Besides that even einstein didn`t consider to declere himself a smart man, maybe he though it, but you would never hear this speaking out loud.

>> No.1977852

ITT: Asperger's.

Shit's a sign of autism.

Enjoy your antisocial.

>> No.1977861

>>1974199
>I can understand/solve any problem with enough time and motivation.

HOLY SHIT someone get this man a billion dollars and thousands of underlings, we have major problems to solve!!

>> No.1978562

>>1974199

Sounds to me you're just not that intelligent.

>> No.1978834
File: 18 KB, 250x325, 1285623656121.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1977827

>Seeing your OP, You`re probebly just a frustrated 13 year old euroboy or adult american mr know-it-all.
And you call me a mr Know-it-all? Your predictions have been very disapointing.
I'm 21 years old and never even visited The United States. Jokes on you.

>You are just blaming a shortcoming with the argument that you are "too intelligent".

A perfect example would be savants.
My argument was based on a fact, yours not.

>Just go to a school that`s easyer or get a job you are capable of doing (you`re probebly too arrogant get a job on your level).

That's funny, I've finished University and now started my own company that exports and imports hardware/software. I see no reason to go back to school or to find a job that suppresses my true potential.

>If you can`t come along with your fellow students then thats a shortcoming, nothing more.

I go along fine with most people, my only concern is that I somehow feel I'm not exactly tuned-in with the social standards.

>Besides that even einstein didn`t consider to declere himself a smart man, maybe he though it, but you would never hear this speaking out loud.

I'm anonymous on this board so I can say my thoughts.
Einstein did not have that privilege.
Also any smart man knows he is smart. Not saying it in public because it makes you sound like a douchebag is illogical and shows your weak personality that only cares what others think of you.

TLDR version; Yer a faggit.

>> No.1978855

>I can read the most advanced things from S. Hawking and understand it perfectly and even correct some things

You have never read any technical papers. All you've read is popular science by Hawking (or his ghost writers), that's been dumbed down for a public audience.

There is nothing intelligent about understand things purposefully designed for the public.

Also, you've never corrected anything by Hawking. Unless it's editing typos.

>> No.1978880

the milkyway is a space vagina

>> No.1978883

>>1977827
seconded

Hey OP, does this sound like you?

>Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

>> No.1978912
File: 14 KB, 300x300, 1274092770149.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1978883

Nice projecting bro

>unprincipled narcissist - including antisocial features. A charlatan - is a fraudulent, exploitative, deceptive and unscrupulous individual.

Nope.avi

>amorous narcissist - including histrionic features. The Don Juan of our times - is erotic, exhibitionist.

Nope.flac

>compensatory narcissist - including negativistic (passive-aggressive), avoidant features.

Nope.wmv

>elitist narcissist - variant of pure pattern. Corresponds to Wilhelm Reich's "phallic narcissistic" personality type.

Nope.png

>fanatic type - including paranoid features. A severely narcissistically wounded individual, usually with major paranoid tendencies who holds onto an illusion of omnipotence.

Nope.jpg.exe/ad32.heuristic.trojan.worm

>> No.1978948

>>1978912
>nice projecting bro

you've gone full retard.

enjoy being the king of your post, bye!

>> No.1978960

If OP reads and understands everything by Hawking, then OP should be able to state why Hawking lost his bet with some other scientist and why black holes dissipate over time. And not just the names of the things, but a brief description of the actual mechanisms that result in the behaviors.

>> No.1978967
File: 1.99 MB, 260x192, Sheep_eating2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1978948

I will! thank you, cya!

>> No.1978985

Hey OP
You aren't intelligent. The fact that you are on 4Chan proves that. Here's another thing: reading shit by Stephen Hawking does not make you intelligent or mean that you are capable of understanding "high level material." You are just another asspie who thinks that he/she is some super special person that everyone should fucking worship. You are nothing but a narcissist. Now go fuck yourself with a rake; you aren't special.

>> No.1978989
File: 16 KB, 351x327, 1285095822491.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1978960

>state & explain

That's the entire fucking problem we are talking about in this thread.

FUCK.

It's like I'm really back in high-school where everyone and everything is questioning you.

I don't OWE you anything, I don't have to explain anything. Just like you don't OWE me any reply.

You either take my word or just leave anything else is irrelevant.

>> No.1979002
File: 22 KB, 432x288, 1276465991922.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1978985

>Projecting.
>Projecting.
>Projecting.
>Projecting.
>Projecting.

I only stated I was smart, you said the rest.
Fuck you too buddy.

>> No.1979025

>>1978948
>>1978883
I've encountered enough narcissists in psychiatry rotations to be able to say that it's like getting blood from a stone telling them that they are a narcissist in 9/10 cases.

One of the big things in narcissism is the 'narcissistic delusion' that allows them to redirect almost any attack on their ego. Typically taking the form of something like 'I'm too smart to be understood' though everyone has their own.

Talking to narcissists who have been made aware of their condition is very interesting, they genuinely did believe everything they thought about themselves and still do (even ludicrous things like 'I could take on everyone in this bar') only now they have to take constant rain checks to make sure they aren't delusional about it.

Really fascinating shit. Another little interesting thing, every narcissist has something that they can't deflect with their delusions and really harms them, called a narcissistic wound. The best example I can think of is someone who could not stand to be ignored (possibly this amorous narcissist referred to). It leads them to dwell on it and really struggle to recover.

>> No.1979029
File: 78 KB, 346x286, 1285819512724.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1974199
OP please tell us more about how great you are. MOAR MOAR.

You aare my guiding light

>> No.1979052

>>1979025

>(even ludicrous things like 'I could take on everyone in this bar')

So you are basically saying Sun Tzu was delusional?

>> No.1979054

Almost anyone can solve any problem with enough time and effort.

You are slightly above average, but not the genius you probably think you are. As previously stated in this thread: you are probably more visually inclined, there is no real way to "fix" this. You could try reading/listening to music to explore your sense of hearing, but that's the best advice I can give.

>> No.1979062

>>1979052
Sun Tzu nevar sed he could take out everyone in the bar

>> No.1979066

>>1979052

Says someone who's probably never read a book by Sun Tzu, as evidenced by the really poor attempt at an analogy.

>> No.1979068

>>1979052
Chinese generals are exempt from all psychological diagnoses. It's the first thing we learnt at the hospital.

>> No.1979076

>>1979068
and in general, people that can arrange for people to be killed are exempted from negative psychological evaulations.

It's in the DSM!

>> No.1979082

>>1979062
>>1979066

Oh wow.

1 man vs the entire bar is the equivalent of a small guerrilla force vs an entire fucking army.

Or fucking spartans against the entire fucking persian army.

This somehow proves you must be fucking stupid or me being extremely intelligent when you can't understand this analogy.

>> No.1979092

>>1978989

A test of your word is highly relevant to whether or not I trust you. Both of the things I asked you to explain can be explained easily in a few words if you know what they are.

>> No.1979094

>>1979082
I understand the point big the larger question has known what you are supposed to ascend in a higher concept.

>> No.1979100

>>1979082

I understand the analogy perfectly well, it's just a very poor one. In a bar doesn't allow for effective maneuvering as in a guerilla force versus a large force. Sun Tzu also says that of paramount importance is the ability to realize when one should fight and when one should retreat. Also, in a bar against a massive number is what would be termed fatal ground, although in this case his position that fatal ground can be a disadvantage for the better positioned is completely wrong. Even demonstrably so. The only time your analogy is worth anything is Dolph Lundgren in a bar full of midget men. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and learn to read his work correctly.

>> No.1979103

OP You're just a socially awkward nerdy motherfucker there's no scientific OHMAHGAWD I CANZ SHARE MAH THEROEZ WITH DEEE WORLDDDD. You just need to learn to talk to people and you aren't going to do that on 4chan you dumb bitch.

>> No.1979116

>>1979100
Are we still discussing narcissism or are we now talking about the technicalities of bar-room brawls?

>> No.1979117

>>1979092

It's not about what you ask from me, its about that we are on the internet and you would trust me when I provide information with a high probability that would be copied with the use of google.

>> No.1979125

The ability to communicate one's ideas in words is the very definition of intelligence. If you can't articulate what you're thinking, read more.

>> No.1979128

>>1979116

More like his inability to read things and keep them in context or apply them in the use of analogies that doesn't make him look like a complete idiot.

>> No.1979136

>>1979117

The Google answers that I have seen for these issues are often long and wordy because they are for dumb faggots that don't know shit or are copy pasted from the relevant papers and would be far more specific than what I am asking. The answers are rather simple. The lost bet one can be explained in...4 words minimum for me to accept it.

>> No.1979137
File: 7 KB, 241x251, 1272386238049.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1979100

No.

You faggot, you would be amazed what a person can do in a disclosed room full of smoke, a proper bottleneck and a 10mm MP5 sub machine gun.

Guy with gun: 1
Entire bar: 0

Fuck you.

>> No.1979147

>>1979137

Hah, okay and the large force here is? The guerilla force is? I'm sorry I fail to see how a guy with an automatic weapon is the disadvantaged one in a bar full of unarmed civilians.

>> No.1979151
File: 8 KB, 493x402, 1288294085022.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1979137

Oh by the way...

>> No.1979187

>>1979136

>thermal radiation
>information
>paradoxes are impossible
>path integral
>singularity

Are we friends now?

>> No.1979192

>>1979147

We were talking about individuals and not disadvantages you double nigger.

>> No.1979189

>>1979100

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IDIOTS TALKING ABOUT SUN TZU.

CAN YOU EVEN READ CHINESE? SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Sun Tzu didn't say JACK SHIT about BAR FIGHTS so GET THE FUCK OUT. He was talking about ACTUAL WAR not some stupid ass DRUNKS smashing glass bottles on each other.

What's this bullshit about STRATEGY? What the FUCK do you know about STRATEGY? And no, playing fucknig STARCRAFT for 2 hours IS NOT FUCKING STRATEGY, IT'S A FUCKING GAME.

What the hell do you mean by "fatal ground"? Some shitty MISTRANSLATION into Engrish that means jack shit.

How can the ground be fatal? Is it going to swallow you up or some shit? No, so it's not "fatal ground" is it? If you mean situation just fucking say that then.

>>1979137

HURP DURP A GUERRILLA IS BETTER ARMED THAN REGULAR FORCES. You are fucking RETARDED. A better analogy is a monkey in a cage vs a bunch of tigers. The money can climb up a tree but there is no tree in the cage so it gets ripped to bits. So much for your dumbass analogy.

>> No.1979202

Hey, does anyone else here fucking hate confusedbro? I prefer Aether.

>> No.1979211

>>1979202

LIKE I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK.

TROLL HARDER NIGGER

>> No.1979217

>>1979202

Probably butthurt about being pwnt for saying stupid uneducated crap.

>> No.1979221

>>1979189
ching chong?

>> No.1979241

>>1979221

CHING-CHONG NIP NONG NONG CHINK

LOL I R FUNNY LOOK I MADE POLITICALLY INCORRECT JOKES ABOUT SOMETHING THAT NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT.

>> No.1979244

>>1979189

The monkey can use Aikido and use their own strength against them.

>> No.1979264

>>1979241
SHIT s can be found here

>>>/b/

>> No.1979268
File: 218 KB, 5000x3690, coolface.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1979241
>SHIT

>> No.1979313

>>1979264
>>1979268

Oh thanks. I never really got used to the /sci/ formatting.

>> No.1979558
File: 66 KB, 314x293, 1271887338054.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>things from S. Hawking
>and even correct some things

Good shit, OP

>> No.1979624

>>1974199
I'm pretty good at explaining things to others compared to my peers, actually.

The best thing to do is to explain things for yourself. For as long as I can remember, I've taken topic that interest me and pet theories and tried explaining them to "myself" as if I were explaining them to someone else. Sometimes I like to explain the current world to someone from the distant past, like trying to predict what a caveman (who knows English, lol) might ask if introduced to the modern day world and then answering those questions.

But basically, try just explainng things to yourself. You will usually be able to tell what parts of what you are saying make sense and what don't.

Some other options, post shit on 4chan that isn't just for trolling, fapping, or generally dickery. Find a topic that interests you or that you are more knowledgabel than the average person and run with it. Find other forums. Post there. I used to post in the Astronomy & Space section of Yahoo! Answers and later the Religion & Spirituality section... I actually think it was the internet that saved my ass while taking the written poriton of the GRE. I didn't practice at all for that section, my ADD and OCD kept me from finishing either paper, and I still beat all of my friend's written scores (save one girl).

>> No.1979685

>>1979624
Oh boy, I remember Yahoo Answers. I spent quite a bit of time shitting that place up.

>> No.1980203

>>1979187

lol you owned him

>> No.1980407

>>1979082

Implying the Spartans didn't get slaughtered to the last man at the Battle of Thermopylae

>> No.1982386

>>1980407

they could've run anytime when they had the upper hand but didn't because they weren't little faggots like you.

>> No.1982951

>>1982386

>when they had the upper hand.

>Implying the Spartans had the upper hand at any point of the Battle of Thermopylae.

Are you OP? Cause your history is as weak as your science.

>> No.1983005

I like where this threat is going

>> No.1983021

>>1983005

>i c wat u did thar

>> No.1983032

>>1977827

>easyer

nice dude

>> No.1983048

Its cause your probably anti-social. Its just a lack of experience. Most nerds are like this. Im the same way. I suck at getting the words to sync up with my thoughts, but its mostly cause i dont converse much.

>> No.1983078

>I consider myself very very intelligent and I can understand/solve any problem with enough time and motivation.

Herp herp derpity derpity derp hurpa hurpadom derpa derpity derp, hurp hurp durp herpity herpity herpity durpaderp derp derp. Thanks for posting.