[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 17 KB, 340x326, creationism.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1966659 No.1966659 [Reply] [Original]

physics or chemistry

which better? which harder?

>> No.1966670

I like mixing them ... in the uber-God-tier ...

Quantum Chemistry (organic flavored)

>> No.1967701

Under normal circumstances I'd say "do what you want to do", but you've got it narrowed down to two fields so I'll assume you want to do both of these and are just trying to figure out what your major will be.

I'd recommend looking for a university that offers Chemical Physics as a subset of the Physics department or Physical Chemistry as a subset of the Chemistry department. You'll know after freshman year which one you want to be in.

Good luck!

>> No.1967709

>>1966670
I think this is what I will be forced into doing.

Unfortunately, being intelligent, I feel like I am forced to go through the horrors of academia just so I can help other people.

It's not what I want though.

>> No.1967710

>>1967709
oh no, poor you.

at least you can afford it. There are lots of people who are ACTUALLY smart, who love to learn and want to help can't even pay to be in your position.

go build model rockets.

>> No.1967712

>>1967710
who says I can?

>> No.1967714

>>1967712
the fact that you're asking?

both of those fields are fucking expensive if you want a good education from non-quacks.

>> No.1967718

>>1967714
well, that's the thing: i can't afford those fields but I need them if I am going to be happy.

>> No.1967722

>>1967718
this is where the education field in this country goes to shit.

You'd have so, so many more doctors and scientists and all sorts of fantastic shit running around getting shit done if little Suzy and Timmy could accomplish their dreams and not be hindered by money.

Fuck, I wanted to go into biology. But that didn't pan out at all. I'm a bitter asshole.

anyway, realistically, go for it if you can,
>>1967701
is right, take a few of both and then you will understand your calling. Don't doubt yourself and see with your heart as if money isn't an issue. Good luck, man. Don't be me :/