[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 30 KB, 382x479, jesus-christ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1962368 No.1962368 [Reply] [Original]

I know a lot of you don't believe in Jesus or God.

But, hypothetically, what if he actually appeared and was actually real?

What do?

>> No.1962377

Smoke a bowl with him, talk philosophy.

>> No.1962378

yall niggas....

>> No.1962385

>>1962368

study him using science

>> No.1962390

since he is god (or however the christians delineate god/son of god/embodyment of god, etc)...

I would ask him the following questions:

1) what is a theoretical model to describe the correlation of electron motion in a nonrelativistic or only moderately relativistic system

2) what form of mathematics is necessary to reformulate the fundamental PDEs and ODEs of physics such that they can be solved analytically, even with high degrees of coupling and nonlinearity.
since he is god, he must have the answers...

I never asked anything about "evolution, just a geuss"

never asked anything about "pics of god or it didnt happen"
science is the equivalent of religion. we seek to understand god/universe by understanding the laws that underly it...

some use words in bibles/torahs... others use equations on the wall

>> No.1962391

Kill him again, so our sins are forgiven. something like that..

>> No.1962396

would like to ask him on his stance in being the most unjust of judges since His law permits only eternal punishment or eternal reward, both of which are infinitely unfair.

>> No.1962402

>>1962390

as an athiest I am offended by your comparison.

the difference is what was written in those bibles and torahs are simply made-up fairytales that pertain to human values and morales.

science doesn't care about human values. equations that form physics are the way they are because that is how we have observed them.

religion is the way it is because some guy sat down and made up a fairy tale to give people hope and faith, religion is NEVER OBSERVED in reality and god never has been and most likely never will be.

>> No.1962407

>>1962402
see>>1962378

>> No.1962418

I, for one, would talk about it on a different board.

>> No.1962423

>>1962418
Too late.

>> No.1962448

>>1962368
Then I would believe in him of course! Kind of a silly question.

>> No.1962473

I would be pretty pissed off.

I'm about to turn things around and I don't want to end things on such a shitty note.

And also try and fathom the infinite wisdom of God.

But that's after I get over being pissed off.

>> No.1962950
File: 57 KB, 600x480, finally.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1962368
Demand explanation for the horrible atrocities he was said to commit. possibly take his ass to court. If i won he'd still be one lucky immortal fucker. he could just wait out the life sentences while we nuke ourselves. given what a dick he probably is, he might arrange to lose and wait for us to nuke ourselves to death for the lulz. dickwad

>> No.1962955

I'd go to the next universe and smoke a blueberry-flavored joint with the flying spaghetti monster.

>> No.1962985
File: 12 KB, 800x800, 1284179815332.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Grab ma shotgun an go innawoods

>> No.1962998
File: 87 KB, 469x428, trollface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tell him to turn the ocean into wine.

>> No.1963001
File: 66 KB, 600x885, bild2b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this guy could heal people just like jesus did.
don't know how. he claimed he used the powers of the universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Gr%C3%B6ning

modern jesus?

>> No.1963004

>>1962368
Ask why he hid so well for so long, why he / his dad was such a huge dick in the bible, and so on.

>> No.1963028

kill him so i know what it feels like to be a big man without going to jail

>> No.1963030
File: 42 KB, 455x144, 1271275661232.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1962390
I'm an atheist, and I'm not offended by your comparison. I think there are a vast ocean of differences in the details between religion and science. Fundamentally, however, these are schools of thought where you take certain ideas as given truths (religion: my book is true; science: my senses are true), and develop a cosmology based on what you can conclude from these givens through a logic that is always tainted by subjective interpretation. I think science's objective truth is a lot more likely than the religifairytales, and I think scientists logic tends to be much more objective and rigorous than the clergy... which is why I don't participate in religion... but same fundamental process.

>> No.1963041
File: 789 KB, 1415x2000, owned.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I would ask him to explain all of the loopholes in the Bible.

>> No.1963045

>>1962396
You obviously know nothing of Mormon theology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degrees_of_glory

>> No.1963046
File: 14 KB, 423x450, stupidforscience.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If some bearded fag with superpowers showed up saying he was Jesus, I'd ask for proof that he was
A) the Jesus of the Bible
B) the son of (or the actual) deity that created the universe.

After all, we are as gods to ants. Why can't there be any other beings in existence that are like gods compared to us? Being powerful doesn't automatically you the creator.

If he could prove that he was Jesus of the Bible, I'd ask him what he thought of the way his teachings had evolved into a religion, and of the direction that religion has taken.

If he could prove that he was the actual creator deity, I'd ask him why he created the universe, and why he is here now talking to me.

If he could prove that he was _both_ the creator deity and of the bible, I'd ask him why the bible is so inconsistent and contradictory; and I'd ask him why he made a universe where all rational inquiry seems to contradict his word.

>> No.1963053

>>1963046
You're going to approach the God of the universe demanding proof of this and that? Enjoy the lightning bolt up your anus.

>> No.1963054

>>1963041
wat loopholes?

>> No.1963059

>>1963046
"What is the measure of a god?" - Teal'c

>> No.1963061

>>1963053
So Jesus is Thor now?

>> No.1963065
File: 529 KB, 1680x1050, 1271670078615.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963053
No, I'm going to approach someone claiming to be god, and assume that he is trying to make me take his claim seriously. So, I would ask him for what I require to take his claim seriously.

This refusal to question things because we fear holy reprisal is the whole reason we had the dark ages, instead of being hundred of years more advanced in knowledge and technology. I'd rather take the bolt than pussy out.

>> No.1963072

>>1963061
You are very much correct to object to that Thorish nonsense. This is Jesus we're talking about. Jesus would say something like "A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah" and walk off in a huff.

>> No.1963073

Adjust conclusion based on the new evidence.

>> No.1963080

>>1963072
And we'd just nail his ass up again. Not very convincing. A human could do that bullshit.

>> No.1963100

I would ask him questions that nobody could answer other then an all knowing being, then I would suspect that he would be an alien who is trying to trick us because their civilization is more advanced and I would think this until he proved otherwise.

>> No.1963107
File: 25 KB, 476x356, smugsons.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey Jesus, could you microwave a burrito so hot...

>> No.1963119

>>1963100
>I would ask him questions that nobody could answer other then an all knowing being
>implying you'd know if he answered correctly.
>implying you're an all-knowing being..

>> No.1963122

>>1963065
>This refusal to question things because we fear holy reprisal is the whole reason we had the dark ages
I was going to respond to your post seriously. But then you went full retard.

>> No.1963124

>>1963061
Jesus was always Thor. The infinite must manifest in many ways.

>> No.1963129

>>1963124
Alright, I'll go with the more badass one.

>> No.1963133

ask him for more clarity and understanding about life/the universe/ him ask what is the real 'religion' we should follow is.

There is no reason to believe the bible is correct at all, even if god and Jesus were real as it was written by humans who could have gotten the entire thing wrong/ taken a couple of names like Jesus and bullshitted their way through everything etc.

>> No.1963139

Jesus was a good guy. Preached peace and love plus healed people. After he died some assholes started making up ridiculous stories bout him then turned everything into a bullshit religion. Not cool, brahs.

>> No.1963170

>>1963122

Tell me why it's wrong. As far as I'm aware, the dark ages happened in a time where progress was halted by feudal lords, kings, and religious empires who used fear of god as a means of enslaving people and stabilizing their power structure.
How many people are going to fight back, if they don't think they have god on their side? People are scared of the lightning bolts, the hellfire.

I'd rather risk the lightning bolt than risk being a slave to dickshits who don't have any more 'holy authority' than I do.

>> No.1963174

>>1963139
there is no real evidence that is so, he could have been a deviant asshole for all we know.

>> No.1963181

>>1963170
Where the fuck did you learn that? The Dark Ages happened because the Roman Empire collapsed, and with it the mechanisms of the empire for generating wealth. It was like a great depression but on a much larger scale. Everyone had to go back to subsistence living, and culture and technology was lost because of it. The only place it was preserved was in the monasteries, which were still kept around by donations, and were the only place where intellectual thought and literacy were preserved. The regional powers that filled the power vacuum left by Rome took several hundred years to build up the economic powers that eventually made the Renaissance possible, with the help from the intellectual wealth that was preserved by monks through those centuries.

>> No.1963182

>>1963174
There were some guys who wrote down the stuff he said, bro.

>> No.1963189

>>1963174
5 people wrote about Jesus who knew him while he was alive. A 6th wrote about him who knew him after he died. A 7th wrote about him from secondhand information. Of the 6 who knew him all of them wrote about miracles he performed. It was so well known that he performed miracles that it wasn't even brought up as evidence in his trial. It was also so well known that he performed miracles that when Paul was brought in front of King Agrippa for trial he said
"For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner."

There is more historical evidence for the life of Jesus, the miracles he performed, and his resurrection than there is for Plato and I bet you believe in him.

The problem with atheists is they first declare that God doesn't exist, then they discount the evidence.

You will literally believe ANY explanation as real before you accept that Jesus was real, performed miracles, and was resurrected and you'll proceed to fill pages with how wrong I am using whatever scanty evidence you can dig up.

Fools.

>> No.1963194

>>1963181
Yes, obviously the opening of the Dark Ages was made possible by the collapse of the Roman Empire. I don't know anyone who would dispute that, and I don't know why you think I was.

However, over the centuries that make up the Dark Ages... the wars that occurred, the power structure that was allowed to flourish, and especially the scientific advancements that were fought and the strict adherence to a worldview that did not foster creativity throughout Europe... you don't think religion had anything to do with those?

>> No.1963196

>>1963189
Would you tell me the 5 people that write about Jesus while he was alive? Because, as I understand it, the oldest writing we have that mentions Jesus was that of the historian Jocephus, 60 years after Jesus was supposed to have died. I'd love new information on older records that have been discovered, if you have any. Though I am atheist and do not believe Jesus actually existed, even as a normal person, I am fully ready to accept new ideas when new evidence is presented.

>> No.1963206

>>1963189
Vishnu is real too, lol.

Look at the big picture, here. It's just another religion. No more special or "true" than any of the others.

Stay in your box with Jesus. I'll be smashing atoms.

>> No.1963208

>>1963189
um yeah and how do we know all those accounts are fully factually accurate

>>1963189
your point the works of Plato and Socrates still hold ALL their influence even if the people themselves never existed. yet if Jesus never existed it would deal an incredible blow to Christianity everywhere.

I don't care if it was actually someone called Jim who wrote all their works, or a UFO with five aliens and an anal probe who wrote their philosophy, there philosophy is still important. also there is no evidence that Socrates ever existed, in fact they think it might have been another philosopher who printed his work in another name.

so instead of going hmmmm Jesus may exist, therefore he does based on a weak assumption. just don't bother posting

>> No.1963214
File: 23 KB, 482x400, ghostbusters pic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> But, hypothetically, what if he actually appeared and was actually real?

I'd go grab my ghostbusters gear; make sure not to cross rays.

>> No.1963219

>>1963189
problem with theists is they first assume god exists, then they claim anything as evidence for it,

If I saw evidence for gods existence I would go hmmm maybe they are onto something. thing is I have never seen evidence at all. not when i have been to church or Sunday school, reading the bible, talking to religious people etc..

>> No.1963224
File: 48 KB, 419x919, 1286341145386.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963219
Theists:
God exists, so lets use science to try to prove it to disbelievers.

Agnostics:
God may or may not exist, so lets use science to prove to ourselves either possibility.

>> No.1963227

>>1963224
I thought agnostics where more along the line of, god may or may not exist but the question itself is an answerable?

please feel free to correct me if I am wrong of course!

>> No.1963234

>>1963227
No, you're right. But some Agnostics enjoy the eternal search. Sometimes we do it just to humor people.

>> No.1963235

Ask him why he created a universe that made it nearly impossible to prove his existence, and if he blames me for not believing in him. If he does, I'm fucked anyway. If he doesn't, then he's a bro. A crazy bro, but a bro nonetheless.

>> No.1963241

>>1963208
Textual analysis mostly. The same as we analyze any ancient writings about people and events, like plato's.

>> No.1963245

If I met Jesus, I would lure him to my house with offers of loaves and fishes. Once there, I'd tell him I have some barrels of water in the basement I'd love to have turned to wine, and if he'll do it for me I'll give all my sheckels to the widows and orphans. Once down in the basement I'll grab my son's T-ball bat and beat Jesus in the back of his head until I crush his occiput or perhaps just fracture his odontoid process. Once he was unconscious I'd drag him to the laundry room and cut his throat over the floor drain. I'd be sure to catch some of his blood in a bucket, I'll need it later. I'd clean his carcass saving the offal in a plastic bag, then quarter him and roast him with potatoes, onions and carrots... and some rosemary... all in my rather large oven. Then I'd invite 11 of my closest friends and one of my sneaky pretend-friends over for dinner, and we'd eat of his flesh and drink of his blood in remembrance of him. Then I'd collect all my friends' feces, and my own, and put it in the bag with all the inedible organs and table scraps from our holy feast.

Three days later I'd dump the bag of shit and organs and cooked bones in my driveway, get my video camera, and record the stinking, dripping pile as it ascends to heaven.

Then I'd post my video on youtube and profit from the ad revenues. Christianity for the win!

>> No.1963254

>>1963194
Where do you get this idea that scientific advancement was "fought" during the dark ages. That didn't happen. The Christian worldview is often considered as the reason that modern science developed where it did, because it holds that the universe is orderly, and can thus be understood from consistent reasoning -- just like the worldview of the ancient Greek philosophers.

The feudal system doesn't have anything to do with Christianity. They had a similar system in Japan at the time. It's just a political system.

>> No.1963348
File: 26 KB, 400x447, corner-dumbass.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963254
A) ugh, really? Okay, the Dark Ages ended with the fall of the Roman Empire and ended with the proliferation of the Renaissance. I suppose the fact that a thousand basic scientific ideas, such as a heliocentric solar system, were being fought by the church in that time frame means nothing to you?

B) And no, Christianity did not invent the Feudal system. However, divine right was used as justification for the way it was being used in Europe. Who was on top and who was on bottom was not to be questioned, because God deems it so. And the people on the top were the ones doing (A).

As you were engaging me in a historical debate with some fervor, I thought maybe you were an educated individual with a different perspective than myself. But really, you couldn't think of one scientific view fought by the religious establishment during the dark ages? Idiot. I feel foolish for even replying to you.

>> No.1963351

<brings nails and planks>

>> No.1963365
File: 276 KB, 1651x1651, V838_Monocerotis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963107

>> No.1963368

>>1963348
>A) ugh, really? Okay, the Dark Ages ended with the fall of the Roman Empire and ended with the proliferation of the Renaissance. I suppose the fact that a thousand basic scientific ideas, such as a heliocentric solar system, were being fought by the church in that time frame means nothing to you?
LMAO. When do you think Galileo lived? Protip: IT WASN'T DURING THE FUCKING DARK AGES. Heliocentrism didn't exist during the dark ages... but soon after the dark ages, the church was actually encouraging Copernicus's research of it. Nor is there any other fucking example of any religious organization oppressing scientists during the dark ages. Seriously, where do you people get this crap?

>B) And no, Christianity did not invent the Feudal system. However, divine right was used as justification for the way it was being used in Europe.
I'm not sure you even understand what the feudal system was. It had little to do with divine right. It pretty much came straight down from roman empire thought about land ownership and war, which went unchanged from pagan rome to christian rome.

>> No.1963374

>I suppose the fact that a thousand basic scientific ideas, such as a heliocentric solar system, were being fought by the church in that time frame means nothing to you?
Herp Derp, the 17th century was the dark ages. lulz.

>> No.1963376

>>1963374
What do you expect from /sci/? It's not like there are history requirements for science degrees.

>> No.1963378

>>1963254
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodosius_the_great#Proscription_of_Paganism

>> No.1963381

Come learn something, /sci/. Christianity was the driving force of science during the dark ages:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_in_the_Middle_Ages

>> No.1963382

>>1963378
What does proscription of paganism in the roman empire have to do with either science or the dark ages?

>> No.1963386

>>1963382
Olympic games, the Great Library, classical culture, ethnic Greeks etc.

ifyou don't see it then pull your head out of your ass

>> No.1963391

>>1963386
What library are you talking about? The one in Alexandria that burned down? What the fuck does that have to do with anything? What about the olympic games? Classical culture died because the empire fell apart. The empire didn't fall apart because of christianity. None of this happened during the dark ages. What are you fucking talking about? What does any of this have to do with science? Are you fucking retarded?

>> No.1963396

>>1963391
JUST READ THE ARTICLE YOU FUCKIN DENIALFAG!

ALL THINGS YOU MENTIONED PERISHED WITHIN THE REIGN OF A SINGLE CHRISTIAN EMPEROR

AND "PAGAN" CULTURE WAS ESSENTIALLY THE FUCKING GRECO-ROMAN CLASSICAL CULTURE YOU IMBECILE

>> No.1963404
File: 46 KB, 800x445, ghosttrap.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Capture if possible, and contain pending trial for crimes against humanity, and possibly other sentient species.

>> No.1963411

>>1963396
THE ROMAN EMPIRE IS NOT THE DARK AGES YOU FUCKING RETARD! AND NOBODY INTENTIONALLY BURNED DOWN THE FUCKING LIBRARY OF ALEXANDRIA, FOR FUCK SAKE. ARE YOU SO FUCKING DESPERATE TO SAVE FACE THAT YOU'RE JUST PULLING RANDOM SHIT OUT OF YOUR ASS AND PRETENDING IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT? JUST MAN UP AND ADMIT YOU ARE A MORON!

>> No.1963421
File: 27 KB, 249x330, hypatia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963391

>>What library are you talking about? The one in Alexandria that burned down? What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

It was the repository of all mankind's knowledge. It's caretaker, Hypatia of Alexandria, was raped and murdered for heresy by a Christian mob, who then burnt the library to the ground.

It was the loss of that knowledge that plunged the world into the dark ages. The cumulative learnings of all our ancestors had been destroyed. Technologies, medicines and so on were lost for centuries before being rediscovered.

>> No.1963426

>>1963411
>the Eastern Roman empire did not endure nearly to end of the Dark Ages, derp
>fanatic Christian zealots leveling the library and violently executing its scholars are just "oops"
go suck some catholic priest's cock kid and let the grown ups talk

>> No.1963429

I have always thought that the original sin is God's fault for letting a big mouthed snake live in his paradise.

lol

>> No.1963433

>>1963426

You gotta hand it to them for blaming it on Muslims though. That was a stroke of genius. The whole western world was Christian at the time. Who would question it.

Big brass balls. Like Muslims blaming Jews for 9/11, times a million.

>> No.1963434

>>1963421
LOL Bullshit. You're repeating a fictional scenario made up by Carl Sagan. She had nothing to do with the library.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria#Destruction_of_the_Library

>> No.1963438

>>1963426
>fanatic Christian zealots leveling the library and violently executing its scholars are just "oops"
Not opps, just fantasy. There's enough things to complain about the Christians actually did without making shit up.

>> No.1963439
File: 73 KB, 428x510, 1267413275851.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963421
>It was the repository of all mankind's knowledge. It's caretaker, Hypatia of Alexandria, was raped and murdered for heresy by a Christian mob, who then burnt the library to the ground.
well... that would have never happenned if they had built in underwater

>> No.1963442

>>1963433
This is so fucking ironic, since Carl Sagan made up this clearly fictional account, blaming it on Christians, and you have believed it as fact because it coincides with your ideology. Did you read it in his book? I'm guessing you learned it 2nd hand through some web site presenting it as fact, right?

>> No.1963444

>>1963434

Oh. My bad. But the Hypatia thing is true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypatia#Death

"Believed to have been the reason for the strained relationship between the Imperial Prefect Orestes and the Patriarch Cyril, Hypatia attracted the ire of a Christian population eager to see the two reconciled. One day in March AD 415,[33] during the season of Lent, her chariot was waylaid on her route home by a Christian mob, possibly Nitrian monks[33] led by a man identified only as Peter, who is thought to be Peter the Reader, Cyril's assistant. The Christian monks stripped her naked and dragged her through the streets to the newly Christianised Caesareum church, where she was brutally killed. Some reports suggest she was flayed with ostraca (pot shards) and set ablaze while still alive, though other accounts suggest those actions happened after her death:"

>> No.1963447

Christians on the iberian peninsula were decisive for the expulsion of muslims. It basically was a war between faiths. If I'm thankful to christfags it's because of shit like that

>> No.1963448

>>1963439

>>well... that would have never happenned if they had built in underwater

DOHOHOHOHO! There's actually an episode of Sea Quest about that. :3

>>1963442

>> and you have believed it as fact because it coincides with your ideology.

What? I conceded here: >>1963444

You presented satisfactory evidence that I was wrong, so I changed my views accordingly. See, being nonreligious means being capable of admitting when you're wrong about things.

Now what about Hypatia?

>> No.1963449

Hasn't christianity in general already freely admitted that for centuries they tortured and killed anyone who disagreed with their retarded cosmogeny... and haven't they even apologized to the whole world for it?

WTF asshat christian, stop trying to deny things that all the other christians have already admitted and apologized for.

>> No.1963450

>>1963433
Nope. Actually it was multiple Arabic sources that reported the library destroyed by order of Caliph Omar. He similarly ordered Persian books destroyed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria#Arabic_sources_for_the_destruction_of_the_library

>> No.1963451

>>1963438
>implying I've ever seen a Sagan's documentary
>implying I did not learn that at fifth grade of elementary school

yeah yeah... liberul propuganda as always...

sorry dude

the education system in my country is practically runned by the Orthodox Church and while the history books are very favourable towards Byzantium yet no serious scholar can deny that Alexandria's Library was destroyed by christians during Theodosius' reign

you should check your historic sources again

>> No.1963453

>>1963368
and still now we have no proof that heliocentrism is wrong , gravity is just a geuss , instead we can observe lot of evidences that disprove gravity such as :
- Graviton don't exist
- Galaxy shape can't be explain by using gravity unless science use retarded things like dark matter

>> No.1963454

>>1963451

>>yet no serious scholar can deny that Alexandria's Library was destroyed by christians during Theodosius' reign

Wait, really? But he showed me a wikipedia article where I read that it was Caesar's fault. Did I miss something?

>> No.1963455

>>1963449
LOL I'm not even a Christian. I just know some fucking history. People who say Christianity oppressed science during the dark ages, or that Christianity caused the dark ages, are fucking morons parroting made up bullshit.

>> No.1963458

>>1963455

You know, beginning every post with "LOL" makes you look defensive and silly.

>> No.1963460

>>1963451
You learned that in a fucking school? That ruined my day.

>> No.1963461

>>1963455
Yeah, cuz they didn't kill any scientists that disagreed with them, or any other "heretics" for that matter. Not once.

>> No.1963463

>>1963454
If you "Ceasar" as a title he still had it.

I think he was the last emperor of the united Empire or the first Emperor of the Eastern.

>> No.1963465

>>1963461
I'm actually not aware of any scientist killed by the church at any part of history... maybe you could clue me in if I'm missing some. But no. All Dark Ages scientists in Europe were actually monks. No one else could afford to be one.

>> No.1963466

>>1963460
it was a sidenote (not big letters on it, you did not have to learn it to pass the exams, just like evolution in our science books)

isn't awesome when an entire's country education system is a christian school?

>> No.1963469
File: 17 KB, 192x240, 1268793179434.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963465
>All Dark Ages scientists in Europe were actually monks
you mean like "heretics"

>> No.1963470
File: 69 KB, 138x172, hypatia2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963465

>>I'm actually not aware of any scientist killed by the church at any part of history... maybe you could clue me in if I'm missing some.

Let's start with this chick right here.

>> No.1963471

>>1963466
Why would a Christian school teach you that a mob of christians burned down the library of alexandria? wtf?

>> No.1963473

What is done is done, stop living in the past you fart commanders.

Instead of whinning about christianity you could try and change something you know.

I know, you all should go on parade with your friend Dawking comparing the pope with hitler or literally calling christians retards.

It's because of you fags that we have brought such bad rep. to atheism, not every atheist is a close minded tard whose acne explodes at the hearing of a quote from the bible.

>> No.1963474

If god proves he exists then he doesn't for by definition god is an entity one believes in, so if he is proven to be exist he can't.

>> No.1963476

>>1963473
>you all should go on parade with your friend Dawking comparing the pope with hitler
the previous pope was rather cool guy

but I hear palpatin now seriously has some dirty past with gnatzees

>> No.1963483

>>1963470
Close example, but it wasn't a church act.

>> No.1963485

It's not "their" history though, it's our history. Atheists come from a long line of christians, and we can freely admit that knowledge was suppressed by our own ancestors in the name of an evil ideology. Hell, most of our own christian families would happily suppress knowledge even now if they could.

Truth may suck, but that doesn't make it untrue.

>> No.1963486

>>1963471
because we suppossedly live in a secular state

Academic recognition is still considered more important than religious or national biases (well not exactly, just to the point you can just admit "honest mistakes" instead of attrocious crimes).

Yet we still had to line up for prayer every morning before the lessons started.

>> No.1963487

>>1963474
You can't believe in something that exists?

>> No.1963490

>>1963483
just happenned that coincidentally zealots razed it down the same era the Emperor ran a campaign against classical culture

sure

>> No.1963496

>>1963490
What are you talking about. The murder of Hypatia wasn't a church act.

You're exposing yourself as biased by calling the campaign against the pagan religion a campaign against classical culture. That's just stupid. You further expose yourself as a complete moron by believing that Theodosius therefore destroyed the library at alexandria, when 1) it is preposterous on its face, and 2) history says otherwise.

>> No.1963497

You wont have a problem with chirstfags unless youre american, I heard they allow creationists around the unis throwing pamphlets at your face.

lol murrica

>> No.1963499

>>1963497
Yes, but the same freedom that allows them to spread their syphilitic thought is the freedom that lets us disprove it. Secular societies have to evolve, and we need our useful idiots because they're motivated workers.

>> No.1963504

>>1963496
>against the pagan religion a campaign against classical culture
olympic games
pagan temples and architecture
records reffering to pagans as "εθνικοί" (ethnic groups)
any moar questions?

>> No.1963508
File: 190 KB, 375x600, soviet-palin-poster.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963499
>is the freedom that lets us disprove it
and then Tea Party was President

>> No.1963513

>>1963496
>history says otherwise
[citation needed]

>> No.1963514

>>1963508
Not if we can help it, though they do have the retarded 33% of voters, and the wealthiest 1% that exploits them.

>> No.1963515

>>1963504
oh and... "ethnic" reffered specifically to ethnic Greeks in that occation

>> No.1963528

>>1963514
>though they do have the retarded 33% of voters, and the wealthiest 1% that exploits them.
you mean like:
33% republicans
33% democrats
and 33% tea party
and the duper-capitalist strongest 1% supporting the third in case of seperation between Tea Party and the more rational conservative groups?

I think it's pretty much lost cause.

>> No.1963535

>>1963528
Nope, most of the tea partiers are Republicans or Republican leaning independants. They're more likely to split the party than produce a solid force. They're distancing moderates as fast as they can.

Tea partiers are a good thing, so long as they're the loudest, dumbest christfags in the nation... which so far they seem to be.

>> No.1963536

yes

>> No.1963540
File: 35 KB, 400x300, Red Alert 2 Startup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963528
imported 33% of true working class proletarins TO THE RESCUE

you have the arms /k/omrades!

start the revolution and redistribute the wealth the 1% stole from your struggle!

>> No.1963551

>>1963540
What's uber funny about that is the 33% is SUPPORTING the people who exploit them :D

>> No.1963559

>>1963540
it's... IT'S A TRAP!

http://www.myvideo.be/watch/5319003

>> No.1963565
File: 23 KB, 512x357, palinspeech12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1963551
>>1963559
CURSES! My diavolical plans FOIL'D again!

Next time Anon! NEXT TIME!