[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 14 KB, 230x232, brainwave-entrainment-cds.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1959133 No.1959133 [Reply] [Original]

/sci/ I need help.

I have been experimenting with brainwave entrainment for the past 2 weeks, probably excessively. At first I tried it just out of curiosity from looking on the web. I discovered I-doser and have been trying that along with many other things around the web.

Now I cannot sleep...I'm just not tired. I'm very confused, cannot focus. Will often be day dreaming / fantasizing. Right now I'm both exhausted and alert

And I don't know what to do...I want to be normal again.

Please, if anyone can help me please give me some advice. I don't know where to go or who to talk to. I know it was stupid and I should have looked into it more..and I am ashamed. Please, just help me. I want to be able to go back to the way I was.

>> No.1959136

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

>> No.1959141

>>1959136
well if that is the case, then help convince me it is placebo.

>> No.1959143

>>1959133
sorry to tell you this, but no turning back for you. Buy the ticket, take the ride. You have to brainwave your way out of this.

>> No.1959149

>>1959143
how?

>> No.1959164

Essentially you have elicited the same affect as with deja vu, wherein half your mind is running a split second faster than the other half.

There is another mind coinhabiting your body, becoming more and more alien to you as those split seconds pile up.

And now it knows that you know it exists.

Wait a minute, this isn't \x\...

>> No.1959165

Neuroscientist here. Hi.

There is nothing wrong with your "brain waves". What you are describing sounds like stress, that is all. Things like I-doser cannot chronically alter your brain waves, or neural oscillations as they are called in jargon. Oscillations are rhythmical fluctuations in the excitability of populations of neurons. In simpler terms this means that there large groups of neurons synchronize and de-synchronize their activity. This is the result of intrinsic properties of the neural network. There are certain types of neurons that drive these oscillations by providing negative feedback loops to large groups of neurons, causing a cycle of inhibition and excitation. You cannot alter this with simple sound into your ear.

You're fine.

>> No.1959176

>>1959165

Your plan is to defeat placebo with more placebo? Nice.

>> No.1959185
File: 83 KB, 340x467, kirk.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1959165

>> No.1959187

>>1959176
I think that's all OP needs. Some reassurance.