[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 379 KB, 966x959, Harvard-logo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1898369 No.1898369 [Reply] [Original]

So faggots, why aren't you athletic or talented?

If you're going to apply an athlete applying at a private college, you're more likely to get an acceptance letter as opposed to just to a valedictorian with nothing to his name but good grades.

In fact, normalfags with a high GPA get turned down all of the fucking time, where as athletes or musicians or whatever with a high GPA have a higher chance of getting in.

The truth is, that admissions is driven by the same principles of the marketplace that rule American culture in general. Recruiting athletes early= better success for college teams= happier alumni(ae) =more donations. When recruiting actors, musicians or writers, or even just all around good people, means more money, then they will also receive "likely" letters.

So, why aren't you you above average as a human in general? Do you plan on not going into a private university or what?

>> No.1898404

Epic troll is epic, but I'll play.

4.0 gpa
2300 sats
7 AP's
class tres
4 clubs (2 leaderships)
2 sports
community service
nat. merit scholar finalist

>> No.1898407

>>1898404
>Epic troll is epic, but I'll play.

He thinks I'm trolling.

I'll assume you're 15

>> No.1898416

>>1898407

im a senior, 18, enjoy your basement

>> No.1898430

>implying one needs to go to an "elite" school to be successful or have an exceptional life